Northrop Grumman Reviews in Memphis, TN | Glassdoor

Memphis, TN

2.0
Northrop Grumman Chairman, CEO & President Wesley G. Bush
Wesley G. Bush

Pros
  • Great people and environment, flexible schedule and 9-80 schedule (in 255 reviews)

• Great work life balance and benefits (in 244 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance is my priority (in 55 reviews)

• Tone-deaf upper management thinks that continuous surveys on employee satisfaction will improve satisfaction (in 99 reviews)

"The work is fun and it pays better than unemployment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Pros

Northrop Grumman is a good place to work because it is challenging, they are open to new ideas and using new technologies. There are always new projects coming up and I'm given freedom to explore and invent.

Cons

NGC doesn't pay very well and the benefits are mediocre. I have worked on several projects that have saved or made thousands of dollars for the company. To date I've received zero kudos. The salary is well below average for the job performed, and my job title doesn't fit my responsibilities. No one has received a promotion here in 5 years.

Advice to Management

Recognize employees as part of the company, and give promotions and bonuses when deserved. And the "100 NG Reward Bucks" isn't a bonus, it's a fruit basket... my landlord doesn't accept fruit baskets. Come off some money and pay what we're worth.

"50 % satisfaction rate can easily be improved."

Current Employee - Engineering Tech IV in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Engineering Tech IV in Memphis, TN

Pros

My direct supervisor is a true PEOPLE manager, Time on job is one major reason for continuing to work here. Location is close to my personal life. I love the WORK. I do learn new things.

Cons

Any extra effort or passion for the job is not rewarded.We are paid on a job definition rather than what we actually do. My actual work differs greatly from what my job "Title" states I do. We do not get raises. we as a group had gone 4 years without even a cost of living increase. We are on a "special" NG contract and do not get the benefites that all other NG employees get.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like they are NOT replaceable, like they are needed. Half of why we work is money the other half is pride/satisfaction. both are equally important and NG is missing half.

Showing 2 of 3,576 reviews