Northside Hospital Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2020

4.4
Pros
Cons
  • "I have no cons for this company(in 114 reviews)

• "Techs are paid around the same as Walmart cart pushers in spite of having by far the most patient care interaction of anyone in the hospital(in 24 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Pre-Registration Rep"

Current Employee - Pre-Registration in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love this hospital! I am a tenured healthcare employee and I have worked several jobs over the last 15 to 20 years. I must say that this is one of the best companies that I have been so fortunate to be a part of. My supervisors and co-workers are great. My supervisor, Laleisa (supervisor) Cornelius has been extremely helpful and encouraging. She works hard and the entire department does the same. My coworkers have been wonderful and never hesitate to assist me when I need help. We have overtime and we all go the extra mile to help our patients.

Cons

None at the present time.

October 15, 2019HR Communications

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your coworkers at Northside - we agree that they are the best part of working here! Thank you for being a part of the Northside Hospital family.

2. "Great Place to work"

5.0
    Former Employee - Certified Medical Assistant & Scheduler Unit Secretary in Macon, GA

I worked at Northside Hospital full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Management team and Physcians always cared about me personally. Benefits and pay was based on ATL pay even in smaller towns like Macon. Job security and opportunity. Staff was great no bad drama, things got resolved before it escalated. NS did look out for me during the one layoff they had. Was told by mgmt once completed nursing school to reapply. Waiting on openinh

Cons

Not really any but if I had to have one miss the lunches drug reps use to bring in. It saved money and time

Continue reading
  3. "Love working at Northside!!!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time for less than a year

Pros

LOVE the people, the culture, the training, benefits, growth opportunities, student loan repayment option and pension!!!! Very happy and am making myself very comfortable here because I am not going anywhere for a long time.

Cons

Only con for me is my commute!

July 6, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for your review! We're so glad to hear that you are loving it here and that you had such a positive onboarding experience. Thank you for being a part of the Northside Hospital family!

"Working full time at NSHC while attending Nursing school (Junior)."

Current Employee - Pct in Canton, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time for less than a year

Pros

I genuinely love working for NSHC. I work night shifts. At first, I felt a little uncomfortable because I didn't know anyone, but they treated me like a family member from the start and I immediately felt belonged. I love our night crew and we work together as a team. Working as a PCT, you might here an there find a nurse that is not caring but its not something usual, so majority of nurses I have worked with never looked down on me, they helped me and did their best to fulfill their duties.If you are working on MED/SURG unit and Stella or Rachel happen to be your Supervisor, then you will have the most pleasant working experinece you would ever have in your career.

Cons

I can't recall any cons except nursing in general is long working hours and a demanding job, so be prepare what you getting into.

July 6, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for your review and we're glad to hear that you're experiencing the Northside Family in action! We wish you the best as you continue to pursue your degree!

"New manager destroyed our department while director and HR just looked on."

2.0
    Former Employee - Medical Interpreter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Northside Hospital full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Before the new manager we had a wonderful department, a place where we could concentrate on patient care and safety.

Cons

This new managers primary objective is to have her ego elevated, she’s paranoid and vindictive. Created drama, gossip, animosity and then blamed others for the chaos she created. Totally blindsided a director who used to be wonderful. More than 4 employees have quit and two are on FMLA leave due to this manager’s approach. Only five full time employees left of a team of 12 plus PRNs, who also lost their jobs thanks to her “leadership”.

6. "RN NICU Review."

Former Employee - Staff and Charge RN NICU Level IIIb in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Northside Hospital part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Professional Staff. High Quality of Patient Care.

Cons

Schedule was not very flexible.

July 6, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for your review and for highlighting our professional staff and focus on delivering excellent patient care. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback and we wish you the best in your next endeavor!

7. "A work in progress"

Current Employee - Surgical Technologist in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pension plan, team oriented co-workers, location

Cons

Short or lack of notification of change, communication between management and staff.

July 6, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for your review and for your many years of service to our community. We are dedicated to improving our system, and we appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to change for the better.

8. "Other hospitals pay better"

Current Employee - RN, Bsn

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time

Pros

Nice facility, that is about it.

Cons

Lower pay than other places.

July 6, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for your review. We are dedicated to providing our team with a competitive total benefits package, so we regularly conduct assessments to ensure we are remaining a leader in the market. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and we will be sure to share it with the appropriate leaders for review.

9. "Great people"

Current Employee - Aide in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time

Pros

people, location, hours, patients, opportunities

Cons

communication, weekends, no overtime, rules, regulations

July 6, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for your review! We agree – the best part of Northside is the people! Thanks for being part of the team!

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - EVS Tech

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great oppertunity for advancment, Supportive management.

Cons

None that I can think of.

June 9, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear about your positive experience in your career at Northside! We appreciate your feedback and thank you for being a part of the Northside Family!

Found 1638 reviews