Northside Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 18, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.5

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Leadership is very supportive of a work/life balance" (in 31 reviews)

• "Great benefits package with 401k matching" (in 68 reviews)

Cons
  • "Have no cons to report at this time" (in 45 reviews)

• "For example instead of being on hand to prevent delays in patient care, they react when crisis occurs" (in 19 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A lifetime of care"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Northside hospital was my first job as a nurse and I am still here 15 years later!
    I had so many opportunities to grow and learn that I will be forever grateful. I started as bedside nurse, then preceptor, then clinician, then clinical nurses specialist, then a nurse practitioner and now I manage 2 departments for the system.
    Northside "raised me" as a nurse and as a leader. I always had the support of my leadership to get to the next step, much like parents would do for their kids.
    "A lifetime of care" is not something Northside offers only for the patients. I am a first hand receiver of that care.

Cons

One con about working for Northside? I won't have time during my work life to take on all the opportunities available for nurses within our organization..

Advice to Management

I can give advice to all managers but to the managers I had so far, keep up the good work.

Oct 17, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review, and for your over 15 years of work at Northside Hospital! We’re thrilled to hear about your experience working at Northside. Thank you for being a part of the Northside... More

2. "Medical assistant"

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really like working for Northside. There are a few steps to get the job ie; background check, drug test etc but the orientation was online which was nice! They are very accommodating and work with you. The work is a lot to learn but they give you lots of training and the time you need to learn it. There are lots of benefits to working for Northside! The insurance is nice :)

Cons

It takes some time to get through all the background check ,drug test and interviews so it takes a few weeks to get started working.

3. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Class Act organization
    Team work
    Caring leadership for employees and patients

Cons

Haven't found any "cons" yet

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work. From recruitment, to onboarding to joining my department, you've done it right. Glad to be on the NSH team.

Nov 14, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that your recruitment and onboarding went well; please feel free to reach out to us via the AskHR button on the portal if there is anything we can... More

4. "Fantastic Experience thus far"

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time

Pros

HR system was easy to navigate, and my recruiter was extremely responsive.

Cons

No Cons to speak of.

Advice to Management

Great HR team, and I look forward to a long career with Northside.

Nov 14, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that your onboarding went well and that your recruiter did a great job. We wish you the best for a long and happy career as part of the Northside... More

5. "A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Staff Chaplain in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Staff Chaplain in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a great sense of collegiality in my department, and I love the spirit of the people I work with. In such a large organization it would be easy to not see people, but at Northside there is a great sense of family and a recognition of diversity embraced by collegiality.

Cons

The size of the organization makes it difficult to ensure that the values that I have enjoyed here and are part of the ethos of the hospital system, are equally present in all department and areas of the hospital.

Advice to Management

Northside is a great place to work, and overall I've had a very satisfying experience. I would suggest that management continue to work at ensuring that they add value to the staff as they give care to patients and the hospital will continue to grow and do well.

Nov 7, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review, and for your over five years of work at Northside Hospital! We are so happy to hear that you’re enjoying the work environment and your coworkers. We do have a large... More

6. "RN"

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time

Pros

Love it and plan on staying

Cons

Computer system is a work in progress

Nov 7, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review! We’re happy to hear that you’re enjoying working at Northside Hospital. We appreciate your feedback about the transition to Cerner, and we also appreciate your patience as... More

7. "Great Place to work."

Current Employee - Lab Technician in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Lab Technician in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was hired full time a year ago. However, I needed to go PRN due to a family emergency. My lab manager was so understanding and assist me with my job status change. When I was ready to return full time I contact my original HR recruiter And not only did she assist me with coming back full time she help me transfer to another location. After, I was there for a month she checked on me.
    I'm happy to be a Northside Employee!

Cons

I have none as of yet

Nov 7, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that your manager and HR recruiter were able to work with you to make the best of a tough situation. Internal mobility has been one of our strategic... More

8. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - RN Circulator, OR in Cumming, GA
    Current Employee - RN Circulator, OR in Cumming, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive environment throughout the hospital. The people are so friendly and always smiling. They treat their patients with dignity and respect. The company takes care of their people and are always finding ways to show their appreciation. They also have great benefits.

Cons

I can't think of any cons. Having worked at some places that show absolutely no appreciation for their employees, it's refreshing to have someone who shows they are glad you work for them.

Nov 7, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear that you’re enjoying your co-workers, the work environment and benefits at Northside. Thank you for being a part of the Northside Hospital family!

9. "Great values and culture"

Current Employee - SPD Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - SPD Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time

Pros

They know how to pick the real talents .
    They don't just use the word "talent" but they really seeking it. That for me is a significant Pro.
    I started last June and think I made a good choice...i think it's mutual

Cons

Traffic ...it takes time to know how to get around it...

Advice to Management

Talk the talk and walk the walk
    Keep up the good work and face all obstacles...
    What we do is noble...

Oct 31, 2018 – Content Marketing Strategist

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying working at Northside! We surely do look for talents in our people! We agree that the traffic in the Atlanta area can be... More

10. "Medical Assistant"

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time

Pros

Very employee oriented. Competitive pay. Good benefits.

Cons

No negative feedback to offer

Oct 31, 2018 – Content Marketing Strategist

Thank you for your review! We’re happy to hear that you’re enjoying working at Northside, and we’re glad you’re part of the Northside Hospital family!