Northside Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Northside Hospital President and CEO Bob Quattrocchi
Bob Quattrocchi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great Benefits, Growth and Opportunities (in 44 reviews)

• Northside treats their employees like family and strives hard to create a work life balance like no other employer (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • i have no cons for this establishment (in 28 reviews)

• For example instead of being on hand to prevent delays in patient care, they react when crisis occurs (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Organization and Wonderful Family"

Current Employee - Hospitalist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Hospitalist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I began working as a hospitalist at Northside in 2000 and continue in that capacity. As the health system has grown it has remained true to its mission and has retained a "family feel."

Cons

With the rapid growth of the system there has been some lag time in integrating new facilities.

Advice to Management

I have found management to be readily available and open to discussion of concerns and ideas.

Oct 23, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review, and for your over 17 years of work at Northside! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the environment and management at Northside. Thank you for being a part of... More

2. "PAS"

Current Employee - Patient Access Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Patient Access Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Going in the door knowing what’s expected is a great way to start. A work place environment that is relaxing is really good management is calm and not clingy

Cons

No Cons noticed at this time. Just a covered parking lot at off campus facilities. There’s no other cons at this time

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great Work

3. "Senior Communications Specialist"

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time

Pros

Great orientation. Team is very professional and friendly.

Cons

Come ready to work hard. This is not really a con, but if you are looking for something easy, this is not it.

4. "Company review."

Current Employee - Pharmacy Supervisor in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Supervisor in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Northside Hospital is the leader in healthcare for metro Atlanta as well as the north Georgia region. Strong leadership and caring/compassionate employees consistently elevate NSH above the rest.

Cons

The pace of the rapid growth of NSH has created some challenges with staffing.

Advice to Management

Sir Richard Branson has been quoted as saying, "The client does not come first. The employee comes first. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the clients." This should be leaderships mantra.

Feb 14, 2018 – Client Partner

Thank you for your review! We are big advocates for practicing what we preach and so we’re happy you are proud to be a part of the strong leadership and caring/compassionate environment that makes... More

5. "Cca"

Current Employee - CCA in Cherokee, Cherokee, GA
    Current Employee - CCA in Cherokee, Cherokee, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hiring process was great!new employee

Cons

None cons that I can think of.

Feb 13, 2018 – Client Partner

Thank you for your review! We are very happy to hear that you're enjoying our hospital and the opportunities that come with it! Thank you for being a part of the Northside Hospital family!

6. "Awesome Hospital Proud employee"

Current Employee - Patient Sitter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Patient Sitter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

professional that really care about there employees and patients

Cons

12 hour shifts very long but good

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Feb 13, 2018 – Client Partner

Thank you for your review, and for your work at Northside! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your coworkers at Northside. Thank you for being a part of the Northside family!

7. "Pharmacy Tech II"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Cumming, GA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Cumming, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Truly care about your happiness, great work environment, amazing leaders

Cons

Health insurance is pricy if you don't make much money/have a family

Feb 14, 2018 – Client Partner

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy the leadership and environment at Northside Hospital. Thank you for being a part of the Northside Hospital family!

"Parking policy is not inclusive"

Current Employee - Nurse in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Nurse in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Plentiful resources for employees, valuable opportunities to progress within the organization, and open-mind to help advance the organization.

Cons

The parking situation is upsetting. I work hard to make sure I fulfill my duties. I feel I should be able to park in the area that will alleviate stress that I already have to deal with while being at work. I am made to park in a lot that is quite a long distance from the floor I work on. There are times I have gotten to the parking lot SUPER early and I am still late for work because I have to wait on the shuttle. When I get off work, I would like to be able to walk straight to my car like my other colleagues, instead, I'm made to wait outside on a shuttle to take me back to the dirt lot. Even if I did not want to wait or if the shuttle was taking too long, it still isn't safe for me to walk to my car during the night time. Because I am afraid of walking to my car at night, I am forced to wait after a long shift to be taken back to my car. I do not understand why I am not allowed to park in a deck that is actually safer for me to walk in so that I can get to work. If I decide to park in the deck, I am made to pay. That is not fair, especially when I do the best that I can to represent this facility the best I know how. Having me park in a dirt lot makes me feel as if I am not valued or appreciated within this company. As hard as I work, the least one could do is allow me to park in a place that will be beneficial to my safety and allow me to get to work on time. I am not the only one who feels this way; many of my other colleagues who also have been denied access are just as upset as I am. I've been working for this company for over 6 months now and I still can't park in a place that is more helpful for me. Because of this, I cannot refer anyone to work for this company knowing they will have to deal with this as well.

Advice to Management

The parking situation needs to be revised. Parking on an off-site lot temporarily is a compromise, but this is unacceptable to not have parking. Even when asked for updates on when more feasible parking will be available, no one can tell me anything. If you want employees to get to work on time and be safe when going to and from their cars, this policy needs to be revisited.

9. "Life Safety"

Current Employee - Life Safety Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Life Safety Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time

Pros

Amazing company to work for! Northside treats their employees like family and strives hard to create a work life balance like no other employer. Fantastic culture, benefits and support! I have been with Northside a little over two years and I have loved every second of it. Great promotional opportunities and educational support!

Cons

I do not have any negative feedback.

Advice to Management

Thank you for striving to keep Northside the best and supporting your employees.

Feb 14, 2018 – Client Partner

Thank you for your review and your hard work every day! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy the culture, benefits, and support at Northside Hospital. Thank you for being a part of the Northside... More

10. "Great place to be!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time

Pros

Friendly environment. Always an opportunity for learning new things.

Cons

Because so many people are interested in Northside it can be difficult trying to get a job with them.

Feb 7, 2018 – Client Partner

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the friendly environment and opportunities to learn at Northside. Thank you for being a part of the Northside Hospital family!