Northside Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Northside Hospital President and CEO Bob Quattrocchi
Bob Quattrocchi

Pros
  • The work life balance is awesome (in 13 reviews)

• This company has great benefits (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no cons to working at NSH (in 14 reviews)

• Too much of a focus on patient satisfaction and not enough on patient care (in 12 reviews)

1. "Staff RN"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Northside Hospital (More than 5 years)

Pros

Always buying the latest equipment for physicians

Cons

Management in a surgical services manages using fear to motivate. It is very difficult to change departments. Difficult to get time off for vacations.

Advice to Management

Let staff have say in their work environment

Apr 5, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review, and for being a part of the Northside family for over five years. We appreciate your feedback and will review with the appropriate leadership team.

2. "Coding Operations Management"

Former Employee - Coding Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Coding Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Northside Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay and benefits were great! Large facility with well respected physicians

Cons

Hard to present ideas to management or others without being seen as incomptent if ideas were not well received. Very difficult to work with offsite contract coding especially with quality issues. A lot of pressure to have quality work when it was mostly out of the job's realm to enforce.

Advice to Management

Look into HIM and coding practices. I think it would be worth while to investigate leadership positions to make changes that would lead do positive changes as a whole with coding,etc. Find better quality staff and get back some of the ones who left that were great employees.

Mar 27, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review! We’re happy to hear that you are enjoying the pay, benefits, and facilities at Northside. We value your feedback, and would like to speak with you about it. Please call ... More

"RN"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Northside Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Location, location, location! Many negative patient outcomes that the public is unaware of!

Cons

Management had no idea what goes on in the hospital, but don't try to tell them because you are labeled "a complainer! RN turnover must be up to 75%! Most of the staff was lazy, rude & unfriendly to coworkers,

Advice to Management

No amount of $ would make me recommend this employer to a colleague! New nursing leadership is needed.

Mar 1, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review, and for working at Northside for over ten years. We take your comments seriously, and will forward them to the appropriate people.

5. "Registered Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Canton, GA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Canton, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are like family and supportive of each other.

Cons

Very young leadership who is given a lot of authority. Leadership has very poor antagonistic communication style.

Advice to Management

Leadership coaching to improve morale.

Feb 9, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review and over three years of hard work. We’re happy to hear that you are enjoying your coworkers at Northside. Thank you for being a part of the Northside family.

6. "Medical Technologist - Cumming, GA."

Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Cumming, GA
    Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Cumming, GA

I worked at Northside Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful coworkers and department supervisors, free parking, state-of-the-art laboratory with good ergonomics, decent benefits.

Cons

There's a culture of fear and intimidation prevalent at Northside hospital's laboratory in Cumming, GA. Management unfairly bullies laboratory staff. Employees are constantly stressed out about being disciplined for tiny mistakes not effecting patient care. Unrealistic expectations for new staff in regards to test turnaround times. Horrible cafeteria food. Very high turnover!

Advice to Management

Treat laboratory staff with respect and dignity. Stop the bullying behavior. Fix the toxic environment you create!

Feb 9, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback; please reach out to Employee Relations at 404-851-8114 for a confidential conversation about your experience working at Northside. We look ... More

7. "PCT.CCA/Unit Secertary"

Former Employee - Patient Care Technician II in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Patient Care Technician II in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Northside Hospital (Less than a year)

Pros

The patients I love and some of the staff are great worker

Cons

Management./ Leadership that is one of the problem.

Advice to Management

Start listen to your employee, and you got too many bosses, work with those who have a degree, but you rather work with those without a degree to pay them less that is not go management, also so the one you put in leadership I have seen it all.There is no leadership and I worked for nine years at this hospitalGot my Master and was not even offer a good position where I could have been train.

Jan 18, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback, and take it very seriously. We would love to speak to you about your concerns; please call us at 404-851-8114 for a confidential conversation.

8. "Pre-Registration"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Business office is always hiring.

Cons

The work and work metrics is over excessive.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with decency and respect.

Jan 18, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback; please reach out to Employee Relations at 404-851-8114 for a confidential conversation about your experience.

9. "Poor management -"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, GA

Pros

Good pay and decent benefits

Cons

Terrible management. Employees are not supported. Very subjective in how they enforce rules. Policies are unwritten and therefore, changed and applied, or not, at will. employees are targeted,

Advice to Management

Truly train /teach your employees rather than berating, punishing and constantly looking for the worse.

Jan 18, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review, and for being a part of the Northside family. Please reach out to Employee Relations at 404-851-8114 for a confidential conversation about your experience.

"They'll work you to death to save a $ and make bonus for themselves"

Current Employee - Lab Technologist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Lab Technologist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not sure. Your holidays come out of PTO so in reality you only get 7 days vacation/sick time a year, no bonus structure, paltry raise. Infuriating "managers", all 5 of them that I have to answer to. I like my hours when I'm not being asked to come in early and leave late to allow us to run chronically understaffed so my bosses can meet their budget by breaking out backs, so there's that.

Cons

1. Horrible lab management. My dept has been short 3 technologists for months. Managers refuse to hire anyone so they can meet their budget and get their bonus that none of us get.

2. Multiple bosses who contradict each other, cover up mistakes that affect patient care, and allow sub par employees to laze about while the few of us with integrity are killed doing all the work.

3. Turnover in my area of the lab has been almost 100% since summer. People don't care of they make a few dollars more an hour in this lab, they take a paycut to get out as soon as they can and be happy again.

4. I dread going to work almost every night before I go to bed.

Advice to Management

Care less about your bonus and actually do your job and fix the issues, what your getting paid for. Not covering up mistakes that affect patient care, because we are so tired and overworked that we make mistakes that make us feel awful, because we have no time to actually do good work. I got into this job to help patients and I feel like a POS daily because I can't give my best to them, because you all have me doing 2-3 people's work to save $$ on hiring more staff.

Or maybe the reputation has gotten out and y'all can't find anyone who wants to work here...

"Management is a disgrace"

Current Employee - Environmental Services Support Tech in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Environmental Services Support Tech in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The patients are the only reason I've stayed as long as I have.

Cons

The environmental managers are disrespectful luz liars and could careless about your well-being.

Advice to Management

If you care, give surveys to your employees if you want real feedback.