Northside Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Northside Hospital President and CEO Bob Quattrocchi
Bob Quattrocchi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits and work-life balance (in 18 reviews)

• Northside is a great place to grow in your nursing career (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no cons I can think of (in 22 reviews)

• Too much of a focus on patient satisfaction and not enough on patient care (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Organization and Wonderful Family"

Current Employee - Hospitalist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Hospitalist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I began working as a hospitalist at Northside in 2000 and continue in that capacity. As the health system has grown it has remained true to its mission and has retained a "family feel."

Cons

With the rapid growth of the system there has been some lag time in integrating new facilities.

Advice to Management

I have found management to be readily available and open to discussion of concerns and ideas.

Oct 23, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review, and for your over 17 years of work at Northside! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the environment and management at Northside. Thank you for being a part of... More

2. "A family away from home"

Current Employee - Environmental Technician in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Environmental Technician in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A professional atmosphere with the ability for growth. A family away from home where everyone has one common goal a high level on service.

Cons

A large amount of information all at once sometimes can be overwhelming

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job your doing

3. "RN"

Current Employee - RN Clinician in Canton, GA
    Current Employee - RN Clinician in Canton, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Northside is a competitive place to work. My coworkers are like my family and we support each other. Nursing is nursing but the caring environment that Northside has makes it more than just a job. We work in an environment that is conductive to great patient care.

Cons

Driving to Atlanta for classes.

4. "Northside offers a career with professional and financial rewards"

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Northside is a respected healthcare leader in the Atlanta market. It provides competitive compensation and benefits plans. The people are friendly and caring.

Cons

We're very busy taking care of patients, so its helpful if you like a busy pace.

Advice to Management

Taking care of our employees needs ensures the patients are well cared for also.

Oct 23, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review, and for your over ten years of work at Northside! We’re happy to hear that you are enjoying your coworkers, the compensation and benefits at Northside. Thank you for being... More

5. "Medical Assistant"

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time

Pros

Great patient care, coworkers, benefits and pay rate.

Cons

At the moment, I do not have any cons.

Oct 23, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the benefits, pay rate, and your coworkers. Patient care is one of our top priorities, and we’re happy that you think it’s great... More

6. "RNC, Team Lead"

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Northside Cherokee in Canton, GA is an excellent place to work. Great co-workers, involved leadership (supportive of staff), good benefits. Northside Hospital has prestige and a strong reputation; I love the involvement and representation in the community. Amazing new facility.

Cons

Just like many healthcare facilities, focus is placed heavily on patient satisfaction surveys. Staffing needs are expanding with productivity increases.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to and support staff and you will elevate patient care.

7. "Great company to work at!"

Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Cumming, GA
    Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Cumming, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Northside is very policy-based. If there ever is a disagreement on how things should be done, we refer to policy. End of discussion, especially between MDs and RNs. Great benefits and work-life balance.

Cons

Antiquated system: too many paper-based documentations and chart-keeping, but will change next year when NSH becomes fully digitized.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Oct 23, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying the benefits and work/life balance available at Northside. We are constantly working to improve the technology to provide the... More

8. "Nurse"

Current Employee - Nurse Clinician in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Nurse Clinician in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great support system like IV team and rapid response team, team work, opportunities for growth, benefits like the pension plan and tuition reimbursement

Cons

Clunky charting system that will luckily change next year , otherwise no other cons at this point. The oldest part of the hospital has small rooms.

Oct 23, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review, and for your over ten years of work at Northside! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the environment, growth opportunities and benefits available at Northside! As... More

9. "Northside Hospital is the best place to work"

Current Employee - Director of Nursing in Snellville, GA
    Current Employee - Director of Nursing in Snellville, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Northside brand and reputation, competitive salary, tremendous resources.

Cons

Distance from the main campus.

Advice to Management

Include ASC's

Oct 23, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review! We’re thrilled to hear that you’re enjoying the resources and compensation at Northside. Thank you for being a part of the Northside family!

10. "Faith Wheeler, MBA BSN RN CNOR"

Current Employee - Quality Programs Coordinator, Ambulatory Surgery Centers in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. The Surgical Services Department at Northside Hospital offers many unique growth opportunities and has numerous departments for a variety of opportunities within the same healthcare system.
    2. With locations in Atlanta, Forsyth and Cherokee, it is easy to find a location that will fit your career location desires. There are numerous outpatient surgical center departments, ambulatory surgical centers, and the traditional inpatient settings for career opportunities.
    3. Northside Hospital is very committed to growth in meeting the patients' needs and is constantly investing in new technology and improvements within Surgical Services.
    4. Northside Hospital Surgical Services has a very committed and patient focused Quality and Education Department dedicated to excellence and meeting the staffs' educational needs to provide the best care to our patients in Surgical Services.
    5. Northside Hospital offers a great pension plan, as well as the opportunity to invest more through a 403b.

Cons

The traffic in the Sandy Springs area is the only con! However, there are opportunities for various shift that can help employees avoid the rush hours. Additionally, there is road expansions in the works in the Sandy Springs area to help with this congestion.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work! I love working for managers who strive to meet the Northside Hospital brand of excellence.

Oct 23, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the opportunities, technology and benefits available at Northside. Thank you for being a part of the Northside family!