Northside Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

Northside Hospital Reviews

Updated April 20, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • The work life balance is awesome (in 13 reviews)

• This company has great benefits (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no cons to working at NSH (in 14 reviews)

• Too much of a focus on patient satisfaction and not enough on patient care (in 12 reviews)

1. "I truly believe that NH is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

NH has some of the best physicians available. We are current with state of the art technology and continually growing with services and what we can offer our patients.
    The staff/leadership team are like my 2nd family making coming to work something I look forward to! There is a huge emphasis on providing the best patient care we can. Many opportunities for growth.

Cons

Parking can be challenging some days but it is free to employees and a new garage is currently under construction!

Advice to Management

Continue to do the great job you do! I am proud to say that I work here! Our jobs are what we make them.

Mar 1, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review. We’re so pleased to hear that you are enjoying the culture, opportunities and team spirit at Northside. We’re also very excited about the parking improvements that are ... More

2. "Staff RN"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Northside Hospital (More than 5 years)

Pros

Always buying the latest equipment for physicians

Cons

Management in a surgical services manages using fear to motivate. It is very difficult to change departments. Difficult to get time off for vacations.

Advice to Management

Let staff have say in their work environment

Apr 5, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review, and for being a part of the Northside family for over five years. We appreciate your feedback and will review with the appropriate leadership team.

3. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Northside Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employees, Good benefits, and Fair work schedule.

Cons

Horrible supervision needs improvement badly.

Mar 9, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed the benefits, schedule and other employees at Northside. We take your comments seriously, and will forward them to the appropriate ... More

5. "Supervisor"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The salary is attractive, it's set up as base plus hourly and bonus. This pushes the Supervisor salary to a Manager, which is the level you work on.

Cons

As a Supervisor my team continue to grow, another Supervisor was needed to effectively, grow team members. The business growth is amazing on all levels.

Mar 9, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review, and over five years of work at Northside. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed the compensation at Northside. Thank you for being a part of the Northside family.

"Medical Assistant/Surgery scheduler/tTriage nurse, answer phones, make appointments etc."

Current Employee - Most Duties In the Office Except Billing in Cumming, GA
    Current Employee - Most Duties In the Office Except Billing in Cumming, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great reputation and known for the great benefits. Also there are some phenomenal doctors.

Cons

I feel underpaid for all of my job descriptions, being crossed trained, experience and dedication to help keep the great reputation. Because we are a specialty off campus, it's difficult to talk to anyone above the practice coordinator without email and feel like it's confidential. Medicine has become corporate and that makes me sad. Patients are treated like numbers. Employees are confused esp if there has been a merge.

Advice to Management

To treat all employees equal. Be more involved with the employees and the work flow of the office, to contribute in helping the practice maintain the wonderful repor that it has. More communication that is effective, for example, more meetings. Stop being friends vs a manager. Appreciate your employees by a simple and genuine "thank you." Maybe give them an incentive (occasionally) so we feel appreciated and needed in the office. Therefore, I would enjoy to come back each day Happy because I am appreciated and I am an asset to the company.

Feb 21, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review. We’re happy to hear that you are enjoying the benefits and the team you work with at Northside. We take your concerns about administration and management seriously, and ... More

"Staff Nurse"

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good teamwork, management is very responsive. Emphasis on patient connections. Many opportunities for growth. Many educational opportunities as well, can always learn something new.

Cons

Tired of constantly staffing the rest of the hospital, it's frustrating when our staff is used on other floors with no sense of appreciation. Too much of a focus on patient satisfaction and not enough on patient care. The H isn't for Hilton.

Feb 21, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review. We’re happy to hear that you are enjoying the culture, growth and education opportunities, and management at Northside. Thank you for being a part of the Northside family!

8. "RN"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I worked at Northside Hospital full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Demand high standards. If don't want to meet them life can be tough

Cons

To many chiefs and not enough indians. Lower level managers/supervisors have no authority..

Feb 21, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review, and your eight years of hard work at Northside. Thank you for being a part of the Northside family!

9. "RN"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Canton, GA
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Canton, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, competitive pay, fellow staff

Cons

VERY patient satisfaction oriented.. more than the norm

Advice to Management

Staff support

Feb 9, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review. We’re happy to hear that you are enjoying your coworkers, the benefits and compensation at Northside. We do place a high value on patient satisfaction, and appreciate what ... More

10. "My work family"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Northside Hospital has become like my 2nd family. I am so proud to work with such amazing clinicians and support staff every day. I promise you that you will find high quality people at this hospital that are top in their field for patient safety, patient care quality and employee support

Cons

Traffic is a mess in Atlanta and there is construction in the area but sooooo worth it!

Feb 9, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review, and over five years of work at Northside! We’re pleased to hear that you are enjoying the culture and people at Northside. We understand Atlanta traffic is not for ... More

11. "Northside OR"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are excellent including tuition reimbursement within first year of employment and tuition loan payback after 2 years of employment. Benefit package is highly competitive. There are many continuing education opportunities offered. Management is supportive of the staff. Easy to plan time off. Opportunities for promotion and transfer within Northside.

Cons

As with most major hospitals in large metropolitan areas, the walk to the parking lot is a bit long, but at least it's free.

Feb 9, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review! We’re happy to hear that you are enjoying the benefits, tuition reimbursement, transfer and promotion opportunities available at Northside. We understand that the parking ... More