Northumbrian Water Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 16 reviews

4.2
Northumbrian Water Group CEO Heidi Mottram
Heidi Mottram
  1. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, England

I have been working at Northumbrian Water Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people who care about what they do A passionate CEO with a clear vision A great benefits package with the opportunity to work flexibly We are encouraged to support our local communities and are given paid time to do this.

Cons

Decision making can be quite slow due to lack of clear ownership for certain things

Northumbrian Water Group2019-06-14

June 17, 2019Resourcing Manager

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review about working here at Northumbrian Water. It's great to see after more than 10 years working here that you feel it's still a great place to work. Really good to hear how you feel about our CEO - Heidi Mottram and our clear vision.

2. "Great company, great benefits"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I worked at Northumbrian Water Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Northumbrian Water is a great company to work for. The benefits are fantastic from holiday and hours to personal development and progression. They’re doing some great things around diversity and inclusion as well as wellbeing including mental health.

Cons

Too many priorities that can be confusing for people at times.

Northumbrian Water Group2019-05-24

May 28, 2019Resourcing Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review on how you are finding working for us. We feel we have an amazing benefits package that is not just financial and rewarding, but also about the health and well-being of our people too. It's great to hear you feel the same too. I take on-board your points around priorities and will feed this back into our leadership teams, so we can make it easier to understand and remove the confusion.

3. "Great Place to be"

Current Employee - Manager in Durham, England

I have been working at Northumbrian Water Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

They care about their people, their customers and the environment. Ken to leave a positive lasting legacy. Very low attrition rate.

Cons

Highly regulated industry. Lots of loud voices that assume they will get their own way.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Northumbrian Water Group2019-05-12

May 21, 2019Resourcing Manager

Thanks for the review of your time working with us here at Northumbrian Water. It's great to hear how you describe here as a "Great Place to be", as we think it is a "Great Place to Work" too. We really appreciate the time taken to write your review and hope you continue to enjoy your career with us here at Northumbrian Water.

4. "Excellent employer"

I worked at Northumbrian Water Group part-time

Pros

Diversity and inclusion is alive and well

Cons

Very few cons as the company are admirable

Northumbrian Water Group2019-03-18

March 19, 2019Resourcing Manager

Thanks for the review of your time working with us here at Northumbrian Water. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with us and that have felt we have great diversity and inclusion for all, as strongly value this in our "One Team" approach and wanting to be a diverse employer. We wish you all the best for your future career.

5. "Poor management styles"

Pros

Good salary and benefits Good annual leave

Cons

Untrained managers who don’t know how to deal with bullying and so chose to do nothing. Inconsistencies across depts. I’ve worked in some great depts and some awful. If you have a good manager you’ve struck gold. If unlucky enough not to have a good manager, can be exposed to bullying, discrimination and general apathy around the team members. Some managers still rule by fear rather than engagement. Like a... child with ADD jumps from one initiative to another without fully completing anything. No work life balance.

Advice to Management

Look after your staff better and maybe you’ll succeed in becoming national leader.

Northumbrian Water Group2019-04-12

April 30, 2019Resourcing Manager

I really appreciate your honest feedback on your experiences here at Northumbrian Water. It would be good to understand more about the points you have raised in the cons, so we can work to improve on these, so please feel free to drop me an email (Resourcing Manager) and I will work with you and my colleagues to try and improve your experience of working here at Northumbrian Water

6. "Great company"

I have been working at Northumbrian Water Group full-time

Pros

Great benefits Great opportunities to develop Just voted 2019 19th Best Company to Work For in Sunday Times

Cons

None as a great company to work for

Northumbrian Water Group2019-02-27

March 4, 2019Resourcing Manager

Thanks for the review of your time working with us here at Northumbrian Water. We are really proud to have been voted the 19th Best Company to Work for in the Sunday Times and it recognises what a great place our colleagues think it is. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with us and we wish you all the best for your future career.

7. "Customer Department"

Current Employee - Advisor in Durham, England

I have been working at Northumbrian Water Group part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great pay , great people, fab training and support - brill terms and conditions

Cons

Its going through reorganisation -

Northumbrian Water Group2019-02-24

March 4, 2019Resourcing Manager

Thanks for the review of your time working with us here at Northumbrian Water. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with us and that have had some amazing experiences so far with your training. We also think our T&C's are fab, so great to see you do too. We appreciate your views on the reorganisation that is happening in some areas of our business at the moment to. This is part of getting us ready for our 2020-2025 business plan and to enable us to continue to provide amazing water and services to our customers. We wish you all the best for your future career.

"Old boys club but good pay/benefits"

Former Employee - Wastewater Department in Washington, North East England, England

I worked at Northumbrian Water Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary & benefits Generous overtime pay

Cons

Old boys club style management - you will not get an internal promotion unless you have been pre-selected. A lot of manager to manager conflict which reduces productivity and creates clashes in working methods between departments. A lot of internal office politics.

Advice to Management

Devise fair and open internal recruitment methodology that prevents line managers hand picking allies and mates for positions (anonymous application process - nameless CVs)

Northumbrian Water Group2018-10-04

October 9, 2018Resourcing Manager

Really sorry to hear you didn't always enjoy your time here at NWG, we appreciate your honest feedback. We are looking into how we can improve on the areas you have highlighted and thank you for your positive feedback on the pro's you have highlighted to.

9. "Enjoyed my time there"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Durham, England

I worked at Northumbrian Water Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits Friendly Career Development Opportunities Forward Thinking Customer focused Industry LEading

Cons

None that I can honestly think of

Northumbrian Water Group2018-07-31

October 11, 2018Resourcing Manager

Thanks for the review of your time working with us here at Northumbrian Water. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with us and we wish you all the best for your future career.

10. "A company worth considering"

I worked at Northumbrian Water Group full-time

Pros

Customers are of the utmost importance and employees are treated as customers. It is an innovative company and values it's employees opinions. The pay is competitive. There are opportunities to do apprenticeship. As a large company there is a diversity of jobs and the possibility of progression.

Cons

It can be long hours in certain fields. Implementing changes in policy and procedures do not always run as smoothly as they could.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees and customers, they know what is really happening.

Northumbrian Water Group2018-01-12

October 12, 2018Resourcing Manager

Many thanks for your review and I appreciate your honest comments about we can make it an even better place to work.

Found 16 reviews