Northwell Health Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2020

4.0
Pros
Cons
  • "I have no cons about working here(in 46 reviews)

• "It is hard to complain about Northwell as a whole(in 44 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Unlimited Opportunities"

Current Employee - Clinical Strategist in Lake Success, NY

I have been working at Northwell Health full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A large health system that values innovation, diversity and excellence. Excellent benefits - including tuition reimbursement - as well as many internal programs for growth and development.

Cons

We're big - can be overwhelming for some. But - departments and facilities do lots of local team-building activities. I feel like I have the best of both worlds, but if you like a small, family business atmosphere - this could be overwhelming.

April 10, 2020Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your review! As a Fortune 100 Best Company to Work For®, we are continuously partnering with our leaders and employees to make sure our mission, vision and values are upheld across our hospitals and facilities.

2. "Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Northwell Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work environment and the patients

Cons

Nothing as of yet so far

3. "Gives great experience"

4.0
    Current Employee - PCA/HHA in New York, NY

I have been working at Northwell Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

This will provide great benefits

Cons

Interact with some mean people

4. "Ideal First Work Experience"

Current Employee - Research Coordinator in Glen Oaks, NY

I have been working at Northwell Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I feel lucky to have landed this role out of college. It has been overall a very positive experience. Pay is above market average from what I gather, and the time off is extremely generous.

Cons

Some negatives with management in my department

July 7, 2020Talent Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful review as a current Research Coordinator! We are always looking for new unique ways to support our employees. For example, we offer a 24/7 Clinical Call Center for employees and their families. Employees also have access to the myHealthyBody portal for managing common aches, pains and injuries, and the myJoyable app for stress management, behavioral health and overall well-being, not to mention access to workshops and wellness activities across the organization. And as a Fortune 100 Best Company to Work For®, we are continuously partnering with our leaders and employees to make sure our mission, vision and values are upheld across our hospitals and facilities.

5. "Best place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Director in New Hyde Park, NY

I have been working at Northwell Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

career advancement, mobility and security

Cons

Lacks technology innovation, multiple job redundancies

July 7, 2020Talent Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback as a current Senior Director. As New York State's largest private employer, our employees have an opportunity for careers throughout our many locations, including corporate, 20+ hospitals, and 750+ outpatient facilities. Thank you for your dedication to our mission as an organization. We hope that you are able to continue to benefit from career growth and development opportunities across Northwell.

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Associate General Counsel in New York, NY

I have been working at Northwell Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Values work life balance, creative minds, complex work, immediate value seen

Cons

People stay long time. Upward mobility may be slow

July 7, 2020Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your review as a Senior Associate General Counsel! Making sure our employees have a good work/life balance is one of our main priorities as an organization. We know everyone has unique interests and hobbies and we want our employees to balance success at work with their passions at home.

7. "Location, location, location"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Northwell Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

The faculty are amazing, Northwell has a progressive corporate culture (e.g., LGBTQ+ best-practice-standards didactic delivered by community advocate/stakeholder), and a broad spectrum of practicum opportunities for healthcare trainees.

Cons

Administrative/Managerial/Corporate has a LOT of room for improvement with regards to basic safety assurance and emergency-response protocols There are extremely high expectations for patient experience (which I support) but chronic under-staffing and high employee turnover make this impossible without completely sacrificing personal well-being. Moreover, as a teaching/research setting, under-staffing translates to under-supervised trainees having to make clinical decisions that are beyond the scope of their experience and credentials

Continue reading
  8. "Stressed"

Current Employee - Clerk Typist in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Northwell Health full-time

Pros

Always 40 hours per week, stable, benefits, 401k

Cons

Understaffed, overworked, too much stress, the processes and procedures are always changing, bad communication. And we can use more money for what we are doing.

Continue reading

July 7, 2020Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback. As a Fortune 100 Best Company to Work For®, we are continuously partnering with our leaders and employees to make sure our mission, vision and values are upheld across our hospitals and facilities. We are committed to fostering an environment where all of our employees are valued and respected, and we take your concerns very seriously. We recommend you speak with your HR representative to discuss your feedback in greater detail.

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator Administration in Manhasset, NY

I have been working at Northwell Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent workplace culture throughout the hospital

Cons

There are no notable cons

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Biomedical Equipment Technician II in New York, NY

I have been working at Northwell Health full-time

Pros

Northwell Cares about its employees

Cons

It is a very large organization so sometimes it takes a little longer to get simple tasks done.

Found 1446 reviews