KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits were great and affordable(in 386 reviews)
  • "Good pay but could be a lot better(in 139 reviews)
  • "Job is great for people who are great with data entry and fixing problems.(in 96 reviews)
  • "North shore lij provides a good salary for all employees and the ability to move up and have promotions.(in 74 reviews)
  • "GreAT staff very friendly and they all care for the patients very much.(in 72 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Northwell Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Engineering Department

Jun 9, 2022 - Journeyman Plumber in Manhasset, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great working environment, relatively low stress.

Cons

Sometimes limited room for advancement, especially if you don't have a college education.

2. 2.0
    Current Employee

Management have to do better

Jul 5, 2022 - Patient Services Assistant II
    Business Outlook

Pros

union benefits, sick time, little discounts for everyday uses, the braggin rights that you work in a hospital

Cons

They need to hire more professional people in leadership roles who actually care about their workers. Since covid the stress has been at an all time high. We are over worked but get 50cent raises a year. They need more recognition for the support staff. Just because a person is not a physician or not clinical staff, we get treated like second class citizens. We get 1 day a year for administration day and not enough recognition throughout the year. Without us the practices would not survive, without us doctors will fall apart. You guys need to do better. No one is better than the other.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

HORRIBLE MESS high turn over

May 19, 2022 - Clinical Research Program Manager in Staten Island, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely none! I will explain why you should not take this position

Cons

Alot of work I was handling 15 projects in different phases all at the same time. Was given 3 departments to oversee. Total lack of communication and disorganized. Makes you work past your shift everyday and not get paid for it. I refused to do overtime and got fired. Sorry I have life and family outside this crummy job. Pay was 30 an hour 58k a year and the benefits were terrible. Health benefits for one person were almost 200 dollars out per PAYCHECK. Managers and director are a joke and expect you to work 24/7. Phone and email must be on at all times and work endlessly espcially when you are home or on PTO. Must travel from Staten Island to Long Island not paid for time and gas! Horrible! Get a grip! ZERO DIVERSITY! Only one person of color just to meet their quota. The managers are tyrants and the work environment is toxic and constant productivity pumping and gaslighting. Do yourself a favor do not take this job. 6 people quit in the short under 1 year time frame I was there. No one lasts there long. Constant edu and ever changing project nonsense. There are better paying jobs that are way less stressful and not in a fake toxic environment. Trust me skip this job! Zero work life balance.

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great but room for improvement

Jul 4, 2022 - Associate IT&S Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

-great benefits (401K, ROTH, dental, vision, discounts, tuition reimbursement) -diverse environment -resources offered for mental health

Cons

it depends which department you're in and under which leadership. Some leaders are fantastic, but others can be very micromanaging especially after shifting to a remote work

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

nurse extern

Jul 4, 2022 - Nurse Extern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Experience within the role to add to resume

Cons

The pay is not great

6. 5.0

Registrar

Jul 1, 2022 - Virtual Customer Care (Work From Home)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not sure what you’re asking

Cons

I wish the I could’ve put in another 10 years with them. I love working with people.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

My time at north shore medical

Jul 1, 2022 - Patient Registrar
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work everyone is really nice

Cons

I don’t have any cons because I really enjoyed my job at this place

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great job

Jul 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New Hyde Park, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits. Amazing team and leadership.

Cons

Schedule has to be flexible and possible weekend hours.

9. 4.0

A large company

Jun 26, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great job security Great bebfits The team is very supportive and easy to work with Very flexible and agile (remote)

Cons

-Responses to support questions, especially to other departments sometimes get delayed or go unanswered. -As a larger organization it can feel like you are lost in the sauce.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

It’s aight

Jul 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get paid every two weeks

Cons

You don’t get paid enough

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,994 Reviews

Northwell Health Reviews FAQs

Northwell Health has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 3,246 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at Northwell Health to a friend and 72% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Northwell Health employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Northwell Health. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

79% of Northwell Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Northwell Health 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Northwell Health to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Northwell Health Job Seekers