Found 3,844 of over 4K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits were great and affordable" (in 468 reviews)
- "It is very Diverse and good pay" (in 187 reviews)
- "Job is great for people who are great with data entry and fixing problems." (in 119 reviews)
- "North shore lij provides a good salary for all employees and the ability to move up and have promotions." (in 96 reviews)
- "GreAT staff very friendly and they all care for the patients very much." (in 91 reviews)
- "Poor management and over" (in 152 reviews)
- "Much favoritism and cronyism which only got worse after the title change years ago." (in 43 reviews)
- "That persons boss only listened to the inept manager and not the team that was forced to deal with a bad manager." (in 42 reviews)
- "Long hours and weekends too" (in 34 reviews)
- "Upper management might be capable at doing their job, but they have zero understanding in proper leadership and respect." (in 21 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Northwell Health and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWOct 13, 2023DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsLake Success, NY
Great teamwork and collaboration, Opportunities for growth and success.
None but it is not a typical 9-5- those who are most successful are intrinsically motivated and passionate about the work they do.Northwell Health Response2mo
Thank you for your feedback. Our employees’ views about our culture are very important to us, which is why we will strive to offer a culture that upholds our values and mission, while also supporting the wants and needs of our patients and team members. We invite you to learn more about our culture at: https://jobs.northwell.edu/culture/. We also recommend you discuss your individual concerns with your HR representative.
- 5.0Nov 3, 2023Sr Data EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsNew Hyde Park, NY
(1)Competitive salaries for the health care industry (2)Flexible work schedule, including remote work, depending on job. (3)Good support for career advancement (4)Decent benefits for Tier 2 employees, including health, dental and vision insurance, retirement contributions, up to 40 days PTO/year, unlimited sick time (switches to disability insurance after 7 days), 1 cultural day (3) 7.5 hour work day with 1/2 hour lunch (5)8 Federal holidays observed at most locations by outpatient and many business units (New Years Day, MLK Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Xmas).
(1)With over 80K employees you can feel at little lost at times (2) Like any workplace, you can get toxic colleagues, or colleagues that seriously under-perform. While they are quick to terminate employees for certain violations (sexual harassment, violence, alcohol, etc), under-performers who can make you look bad are given too much time to reform and improve. Many of those just take advantage to ride the gravy train until the very end.1Northwell Health Response4w
Thank you for your recommendation of Northwell Health! We appreciate your review and we will share it internally. We want to ensure our team members have the best career experience possible and feel empowered to develop and grow within our organization. We encourage you to speak with your supervisor and/or HR representative to discuss your individual concerns.
- 3.0Oct 11, 2023PhysicianFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsTarrytown, NY
Benefits and pay are reasonable.
HR really needs to change. Physicians get a "physician concierge" which as far as I can tell acts as a wall between you and HR. I've emailed weekly for months to get simple information that I have a legal right to. It took 1 year, and a lawyer to get an answer to a line item on my paystub. I have received letters from HR that claim they performed multiple actions that were never performed. I believe in the 8 years I've dealt with them they've called me once, and I can count useful e-mails on my hands. Contract wise the wording includes promises that are contradicted in the policies of Northwell. I know I'm supposed to read everything a contract refers to. In this case it included all the policies of Northwell. Consider this my lesson learned not to trust anyone. It's funny the staffing issues were a problem, but my HR issues have been so excessive staffing takes second place. Northwell greatly reduced the number of physicians at my facility and made the job harder, and less rewarding. But again, this takes a back seat to the issues with HR.2
- 5.0Dec 4, 2023Registered NurseCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearGlen Cove, NY
Your opinion matters ( a lot of support ) Community hospital There is a lot opportunities for recognition and acknowledgment
Sometimes you have to float but it is rare
- 5.0Dec 6, 2023OT/PT AideCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsEast Meadow, NY
Management is awesome, employees are friendly, it’s a very warm environment.
Pay could be a little better.
- 4.0Dec 1, 2023Patients Access RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsNew Hyde Park, NY
I had good insurance benefits. I was in the Union. There’s room for growth.
The Pay wasn’t that good.
Northwell Health Reviews FAQs
Northwell Health has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 4,169 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Northwell Health to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
78% of Northwell Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Northwell Health 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.