Northwell Health Employee Reviews about "flexstaff"
79% would recommend to a friend
(7 total reviews)
Michael J. Dowling
88% approve of CEO
Found 7 of over 4K reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits were great and affordable" (in 465 reviews)
- "It is very Diverse and good pay" (in 193 reviews)
- "Job is great for people who are great with data entry and fixing problems." (in 113 reviews)
- "Some of the staff are friendly and Helpful" (in 95 reviews)
- "Great coworkers that were fun to be around" (in 84 reviews)
- "Poor management and over" (in 153 reviews)
- "That persons boss only listened to the inept manager and not the team that was forced to deal with a bad manager." (in 43 reviews)
- "Much favoritism and cronyism which only got worse after the title change years ago." (in 43 reviews)
- "long hours and not alot of cnas" (in 34 reviews)
- "Poor management and leadership." (in 31 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Northwell Health and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "flexstaff"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Jan 3, 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
I worked for FlexStaff (temp agency) for a year and I am now a full time permanent employee. FlexStaff is a great way to get your foot in the door for permanent employment.
As a FlexStaff employee you do not receive health benefits and there's a probationary period of 6 months before you can transfer or apply for a position within the health system.2
- 2.0Apr 5, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Paid training, well stocked office supplies, overall good reputation in the Long Island area.
discriminatory higher ups. If you work as a temp through their flexstaff agency be prepared to move to the most incompetently ran divisions. Anywhere they place you unless it's regarding an employee on leave is a mess. You'll never be a full time employee without looking a certain way or having the now fired flex staff manager take a 'personal' liking to you. There's hardly any chance of becoming a permanent employee but they'll work you like one, fooling you into thinking your time to shine is there. Get your experience and move ON temps! Notice majority of flexstaff employees are people of color. You're being prejudged by these people before you even tell them your name. Look elsewhere!9Northwell Health Response8y
Thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate that you took the time to provide it and we take your feedback very seriously. Northwell Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and since our inception last year Flexstaff has provided temp opportunities to over 500 qualified employees of which 150 were transferred into a permanent positions. The goal of Northwell Health is to be better tomorrow than we are today, and we expect all members of our organization - no matter their role – to treat fellow colleagues, patients and families with dignity and respect in order to make that achievable. With that said, we have shared your feedback with FlexStaff leadership. Thank you again for your feedback
- 1.0Dec 23, 2016Administrative Support AssociateFormer Contractor, less than 1 yearNew Hyde Park, NY
Flexstaff temp employees at Northwell can enjoy office amenities such as free coffee and a free gym, along with ample workspace and flexibility in working hours.
In my placement there were some very arrogant managers, the corporate culture was old fashioned with many more men than women in executive positions. Also Flexstaff itself made many promises that it did not live up to, working "as much as possible" equaled huge wait times between assignments,and they ignored my emails. Also no benefits and pay is low. I met many Flexstaff employees dissatisfied with their placements.8
- 1.0Sep 6, 2023Medical Office AssistantCurrent Contractor, less than 1 yearNew York, NY
Weekly pay with Flexstaff, occasional free lunches, able to help patients feel better
Toxic management/ work environment, patient workload, paid less than other healthcare systems in NYC, no team effort, lazy staff , disrespectful providers
- 5.0May 10, 2021Secretary - FlexStaffCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Love the work. Definitely a lot of room to grow.
Takes a while to get out of flexstaff and get benefits. Don't be afraid to ask questions and learn what you want to be doing.