Northwest Farm Credit Services Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Northwest Farm Credit Services President and CEO Phil DiPofi
Phil DiPofi

1. "Everyone should work here!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Northwest Farm Credit Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NWFCS really does put it's customers and employees first. They are doing the right things to help customers and take care of their employees as well. Supporting rural communities and agriculture is at the heart of our business and we remind ourselves of that everyday! What a great concept! It is very refreshing to work for a company with this as their culture. I have yet to meet an employee that is not happy here. If you are lucky enough to get the opportunity to work here you should do it!

Cons

I have yet to find anything here to complain about. They are doing the best for customers and employees. I wish I would have been fortunate enough to find this company years ago. They are a very quite giant!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! You are doing the right things for the communities we live in!

Northwest Farm Credit Services Response

Jun 23, 2017 – Director

Thank you for the kind words; we're glad you found us!

2. "Best career decision, impactful life decision"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Northwest Farm Credit Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for several companies and this, by a wide margin, is the best for four reasons:

1. Purposeful: the company has a clear plan and follows it

2. High-Performing Industry Leader: the company is profitable/successful, and is one of the national leaders in the industry in a variety of ways

3. Conscious: the company cares about it's people and this comes through in policies, benefits, wellness, training programs, etc.

4. Aligned: the purpose, promise, and values of the company, employees and customers are largely in alignment which makes work meaningful and effective - there is a flow to it.

The outcome of these four points make work fun and have positively impacted most other areas of my life as I now look forward to work each day. Bottom line for me: I'm a healthier person because of working here.

Cons

There are of course one-off exceptions to the above as no company is perfect. There are two cons for me:

1. I find that most of the folks who function in negative ways at Northwest FCS have limited experience in other companies and don't know how good they have it at Northwest FCS. These folks can be a drag, but there are seemingly less and less of them.

2. Because it's a high performing organization, it can be intimidating at first for a new comer to get up to speed. However, there is quality training and a lot of organizational investment into employees....and if you are a high performer this can actually be an attractive feature/challenge as its fun to be part of a winning team.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, and thanks for doing it!

3. "Northwest FCS is a caring and progressive company"

Current Employee - Training Analyst in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Training Analyst in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Northwest Farm Credit Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Northwest FCS cares about its employees, both professionally and personally. It invests time and money toward each employee's growth by offering training to keep staff skills current and meet expectations of staff. Supervisors and leadership staff are also required to participate in high performance leadership courses that make them effective leaders. In addition, Northwest supports and even encourages volunteer work during work hours to uplift our communities. On a personal level, they are supportive of personal situations that arise and require staff to be out for an extended period of time. The employees at Northwest FCS are quality people that I enjoy spending time with outside of work. Great company employing great people!

Cons

Our new building is so big we don't see enough of each other!

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your staff!

"Excellent Organization"

Current Employee - Corporate - Operations in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Corporate - Operations in Spokane, WA

Pros

Excellent benefits and a great working environment. Great learning/training opportunities. They give many extra perks throughout the year as well. I have worked for many companies that give lip service to a "family" atmosphere, but this company actually lives it.

Cons

Pay is comparable for other positions in the market. The pay may not be the highest that you will find, but the culture and additional perks make up for any pay discrepancy.

"Ideal for Interns"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Pros

Northwest provides excellent treatment to their employees and customers. They have a genuine, customer-focused culture that distinguishes them from their competitors. The work environment is positive and team-oriented. The majority of the staff are extremely knowledgeable and passionate about what they do and how their work contributes to the overall success of the company. For an intern, it is an ideal place to learn how to be a professional.

Cons

There are no cons that I am aware of.

"Great Company to Work For in the PNW Banking Industry"

Former Employee - Credit Officer/Financial Analyst in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Credit Officer/Financial Analyst in Spokane, WA

I worked at Northwest Farm Credit Services (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people, collaborative team culture, at the top of their industry in the Pacific Northwest

Cons

Just be aware that the majority of jobs are located in smaller towns and rural areas. This is ideal for some and not for others.

7. "Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I worked at Northwest Farm Credit Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice facilities, great sized break room, and great view for lunch breaks. Coworkers were friendly.

Cons

A couple bad employees who had been around so long they wouldn't let them go, even though they made everyone around them miserable.

8. "It is what it is."

Current Employee - Credit Officer in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Credit Officer in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Northwest Farm Credit Services full-time

Pros

The benefits are awesome! Farm Credit knows how to take care of their employees in regards to healthcare. They care and are invested in your well being. Flexible scheduling is a bonus. Sick leave and vacation leave are good, they start immediately once hired. Lastly, the people that work at Farm Credit are first class.

Cons

Office politics is prominent throughout company but it is not exclusively Farm Credit, it is everywhere. It is important to have knowledge of your position but it is even more important to have "connections". It is important to "know" people within the company, people of importance. It is also important to play their game and stay on their good side because if you don't, watch out! You do not want to be know as "not being a team player". In other words, don't rock the boat too much.

Advice to Management

Listen to the feedback of the branch employees. There is a disconnect between headquarters and branch personnel.

"Great company, great values"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Northwest Farm Credit Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Northwest FCS is a great place to work. They have an annual process for individual evaluations and salary increases tied to the company performance. There are a lot of people with long tenure. They focus heavily on customer service and like to hire people who will do the same.

Cons

The current headquarters building is outdated, but there are plans to relocate sometime soon. The programs can be a challenge to learn for staff and customers.

Advice to Management

Management has increased communications with employees and most employees really like that.

"Northwest FCS is a great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Northwest Farm Credit Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Northwest FCS is a great place to work. They offer outstanding benefits, encourage outside training and knowledge gathering. A good life and work balance is encouraged (definitely a plus).

Cons

Not many downsides of working for Northwest FCS. The technology is a bit outdated, but they seem to be working to improve that.