Northwest Farm Credit Services Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Northwest Farm Credit Services President and CEO Phil DiPofi
Phil DiPofi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to spend a career"

Current Employee - Executive Vice President in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Executive Vice President in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Northwest Farm Credit Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Meaningful work for a focused, purpose driven company improving lives and businesses in agriculture and rural America. I have been here 30+ years and enjoyed the customers and people I work with a lot.

Cons

The regulatory environment in lending can create challenges, but Northwest runs a clean shop so this is tolerable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. "Really, a best place to work"

I have been working at Northwest Farm Credit Services full-time

Pros

Great people, great mission, committed to supporting ag and rural communities...and treating employees well. Plus the HQ building is really awesome.

Cons

No cons worthy of mention.

3. "Nice people, hard working"

I have been working at Northwest Farm Credit Services full-time

Pros

Good community relations, strong tie to agriculture

Cons

Need better work - life balance.

Advice to Management

Good approach to marketplace, but incentive plan could be better.

4. "Everyone should work here!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Northwest Farm Credit Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NWFCS really does put it's customers and employees first. They are doing the right things to help customers and take care of their employees as well. Supporting rural communities and agriculture is at the heart of our business and we remind ourselves of that everyday! What a great concept! It is very refreshing to work for a company with this as their culture. I have yet to meet an employee that is not happy here. If you are lucky enough to get the opportunity to work here you should do it!

Cons

I have yet to find anything here to complain about. They are doing the best for customers and employees. I wish I would have been fortunate enough to find this company years ago. They are a very quite giant!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! You are doing the right things for the communities we live in!

Northwest Farm Credit Services Response

Jun 23, 2017 – Director

Thank you for the kind words; we're glad you found us!

5. "Great Employee Focused Company"

I have been working at Northwest Farm Credit Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company provides excellent training for new employees, my work life balance has never been better, does an excellent job recognizing successful objectives and outstanding employee contributions. Good people with an important mission.

Cons

Highly disengaged/toxic employees aren't actively addressed even if there aren't many, its noticeable when the issue is ignored by management and peers are forced to deal with a problem employee. Many employees have a very long tenure and strong relationships making it hard for new employees to feel like they are part of the group.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the things you do well, increase focus on addressing disgruntled and negative employees, ideally implement a confidential 360 review so feedback on managers is done by those "in the know" who see a different side from the manger's supervisor.

6. "Best career decision, impactful life decision"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Northwest Farm Credit Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for several companies and this, by a wide margin, is the best for four reasons:

1. Purposeful: the company has a clear plan and follows it

2. High-Performing Industry Leader: the company is profitable/successful, and is one of the national leaders in the industry in a variety of ways

3. Conscious: the company cares about it's people and this comes through in policies, benefits, wellness, training programs, etc.

4. Aligned: the purpose, promise, and values of the company, employees and customers are largely in alignment which makes work meaningful and effective - there is a flow to it.

The outcome of these four points make work fun and have positively impacted most other areas of my life as I now look forward to work each day. Bottom line for me: I'm a healthier person because of working here.

Cons

There are of course one-off exceptions to the above as no company is perfect. There are two cons for me:

1. I find that most of the folks who function in negative ways at Northwest FCS have limited experience in other companies and don't know how good they have it at Northwest FCS. These folks can be a drag, but there are seemingly less and less of them.

2. Because it's a high performing organization, it can be intimidating at first for a new comer to get up to speed. However, there is quality training and a lot of organizational investment into employees....and if you are a high performer this can actually be an attractive feature/challenge as its fun to be part of a winning team.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, and thanks for doing it!

7. "Northwest FCS is a caring and progressive company"

Current Employee - Training Analyst in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Training Analyst in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Northwest Farm Credit Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Northwest FCS cares about its employees, both professionally and personally. It invests time and money toward each employee's growth by offering training to keep staff skills current and meet expectations of staff. Supervisors and leadership staff are also required to participate in high performance leadership courses that make them effective leaders. In addition, Northwest supports and even encourages volunteer work during work hours to uplift our communities. On a personal level, they are supportive of personal situations that arise and require staff to be out for an extended period of time. The employees at Northwest FCS are quality people that I enjoy spending time with outside of work. Great company employing great people!

Cons

Our new building is so big we don't see enough of each other!

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your staff!

"Credit Officer"

I have been working at Northwest Farm Credit Services full-time

Pros

Great company with awesome benefits and training program for young adults out of college. Very involved in the agriculture community and heavily involved in being committed to their customers.

Cons

You often get stuck in places you don't want to be, hard to move up in positions if you aren't willing to relocate.

Northwest Farm Credit Services Response

Feb 1, 2017 – Director

Thank you for acknowledging our benefits and training program; a great deal of thought and effort go into these endeavors. I also appreciate your observation that sometimes at Northwest FCS... More

"Excellent Organization"

Current Employee - Corporate - Operations in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Corporate - Operations in Spokane, WA

Pros

Excellent benefits and a great working environment. Great learning/training opportunities. They give many extra perks throughout the year as well. I have worked for many companies that give lip service to a "family" atmosphere, but this company actually lives it.

Cons

Pay is comparable for other positions in the market. The pay may not be the highest that you will find, but the culture and additional perks make up for any pay discrepancy.

"Relationship Manager"

Pros

This company provides great benefits with top-notch HR support and the new headquarters facility is a beautiful place to come to work each day!

Cons

I don't think this is a con but if you want to work here you better come prepared to work hard and hold yourself to high standards.