Northwest Lineman College Reviews

Updated Apr 5, 2021

4.3
Northwest Lineman College President Aaron Howell (no image)
Aaron Howell
1 Rating
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Apr 5, 2021 - Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Culture, Great People, and good benefits

Cons

Constant changes can be frustrating

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, great people.

Jan 22, 2021 - Assistant Manager in Gaithersburg, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, great people all around a good place to work.

Cons

Poor management in my case. Made for a very hostile environment when my boss would regularly corner me in a room and berate me. Even cussed me out infront of other employees and customers.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company, Amazing People

Aug 20, 2019 - Internal Communications and Engagement Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

NLC cares deeply about their employees, and ensures that they are not only well compensated, but that they are provided a productive and healthy work environment as well. Even with rapid growth the culture promotes a cohesive team of A players--I seriously work with the greatest and best people. Always dynamic, innovative, and committed to their core values of Passion, Integrity, and Excellence.

Cons

Because of rapid growth and expansion of training offerings, there is constant change which can be challenging. I don't mind it, but if you're not flexible and easily adapt to change it probably isn't the best fit for you.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Dynamic, Exciting, Rewarding, Workplace

Apr 8, 2015 - Senior Vice President in Meridian, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

The college places the highest value on attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals. To accomplish this wages and benefits are very desirable. A huge pro is that they have an internal training department which provides training and education improving the effectiveness of each employee. The college is committed to and has received awards for work schedule flexibility. Employees are always provided the resources they need to perform their jobs at a high level. The college is receptive to change and encourages innovation at all levels. Outstanding performance is recognized through a high level awards program. The power delivery and communications Industries are dynamic which makes training and education extremely important. The various training services create an invigorating and rewarding environment since they provide such positive impact on the trainees. The college has grown to the point where there are career opportunities for advancement. The best place I have ever worked.

Cons

For the training staff working at the college removes you from the day to day reality of the industry so you need to make a special effort to stay connected with what is going on outside the college. This is not difficult if you connect with individuals in the trade and keep up on changes through the typical information sources - internet, trade magazines etc.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

The greatest place I've every worked!

Jul 15, 2014 - Creative Director in Meridian, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Northwest Lineman College cares about their employees like family. They have showed their support for my family through incredible benefits and compensation as well as small tokens of appreciation such as throwing my wife and I a baby shower as we were expecting our firstborn. NLC is an extremely positive place to work and they have supported my department in ways I could have only dreamed of. I am honored to work at such an amazing place and have no problem pouring my passion into what I do because of how my work is appreciated here.

Cons

Sometimes figuring out the right recipe for carrying out the vision of the organization is challenging but when all your efforts start coming together and things start happening, it's an amazing ride I wouldn't want to miss!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best company I've ever worked for.

Mar 30, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Oroville, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for many different company's in the power line industry and I can honestly say that NLC treats employee's better than anywhere I've worked. The staff gets along great, and we have a ton of fun with no drama. It's kinda like having a second family. The best thing about this job is the students, there is not a more rewarding job in the world. You get to make a positive change in someones life almost every day.

Cons

While the pay and benefit package is very good, I personally took a cut in both to come work here. With that being said, I also get to see my family on a daily basis and don't have to think about the phone ringing every time the wind blows.

8 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The flexibility here is the next best thing to working for yourself!

Jul 21, 2014 - Graphic Designer in Meridian, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

First thing I have to say is that the benefits are fantastic—and that is a good sign of a company that cares about its people. Also, the culture of autonomy is perfect for self-motivated individuals that like to construct their own schedule and workflow. The company is very diligent in their hiring, so all the people here are a great fit, and wonderful to work with. This is easily one of the best companies I have ever worked for, and I have worked in some great places. Paid time off accrues quickly and is easy to use; that's another definite plus!

Cons

Compensation could be better, but the benefits make it doable. There is a little bit of nepotism, but it hasn't adversely affected the culture as far as I can tell.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Administrative Staff

Oct 15, 2013 - Administrative Staff in Meridian, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have never worked for a company that cared so much about their employees. The management team is always inspiring us to be our best. They actively listen to every idea! I know if I drop the ball my boss has my six and that is such an amazing feeling. Co-workers are great to work with as there is no bad mouthing. I know if I need help anyone of my co-workers are there for me.

Cons

I cannot think of one, except I wish there were more companies out there that had the same culture as NLC.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

With ample growth and opportunity, my career is set with NLC.

Jul 15, 2014 - Administrative Coordinator in Meridian, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

NLC stands on a foundation of integrity, and treating their employees the right way for the right reason. I love the challenge of fast paced growth, and have been given ample opportunity to expand my career horizons. The pay is competitive and the benefits are amazing!

Cons

With quick growth comes a lot of change, and though it's a pro most of the time it does come with challenges. But they are always looking for ways to improve systems and the work environment as a whole.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Industry Relations

Apr 10, 2015 - Industry Relations Manager in Meridian, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love what I do here at the campus. I also love the fact I have the ability to go outside and train other lineman and share experiences with them. No other company I ever worked for allowed that to happen. This keeps me current in the industry with the trade and materials.

Cons

As the industry changes all the time I think we should attend some of the trade shows each year to interact with the industry professionals to talk and share Ideas with training needs etc.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Reviews