KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Northwest Lineman College Reviews

Updated Mar 24, 2022

Found 32 of over 35 reviews

3.7
Northwest Lineman College President Aaron Howell (no image)
Aaron Howell

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefits.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Great pay.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Extra pay for additional training.(in 2 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great

Mar 22, 2022 - Project Coordinator in Chico, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, People, Perks, PTO, Hours

Cons

Constant change, politics, job possessiveness

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Downward spiral

Feb 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some great coworkers and departments You get lots of PTO if you can find time to take it

Cons

Poor pay unless you are an in the right group (instructors or executives). The rest are often below average some departments more than others. They push their "like a family" moto as if it's a good thing but have you even been in a dysfunctional family that always fights and back stabs... That is this the type of "family" you see here. They will try to constantly have you do work way outside tour job description starting "other duties" or "team player". They always hire their family for positions even if internal employees are better qualified. If you aren't their peon they will try to force you out. This is worst in ID at the corporate level. The executives do not care about their employees just their friends. They like to put on shows (literally it's called the KOSA show) and big company events (The Gathering) and claim it's for the employees but only really want to show off themselves and how important they believe they are. They have no care about the actual people.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company and Culture

Feb 27, 2022 - Coordinator in Meridian, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

NLC is a great place to work. The focus on culture and employees is unlike any other place I have ever been employed. The company invests in its talent and is always looking for ways to improve and grow. NLC is very innovative, wants to be top in the industry, and is not afraid to do what it takes to make it happen.

Cons

NLC is growing fast. This is great for career growth, but you cannot be afraid of change or hard work. It will be worth it, but you need to have the right mindset.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great, but Challenging

Feb 3, 2022 - Team Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people you work with here are the best! The company commits to only hiring and retaining A players, and they normally do a great job at it. There are a few people that come off as elitist, but they're the exception, not the rule. Another big plus is the amount of growth this company is going though has created tons of opportunity.

Cons

The amount of growth in the last 10 years has created a ton of opportunities, but it's also created an environment of constant change, and at times, uncertainty. This can be very difficult for people that need a constant routine to function.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Burnout is Inevitable

Mar 24, 2022 - Coordinator in Meridian, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

I got lucky and had an incredible supervisor during my time at NLC. She genuinely cared about my success and did her best to help me manage my workload. My team was full of wickedly smart people who were passionate about the work they produced, and they were all kind and fun to work with.

Cons

However... the culture at NLC is the most toxic culture I have ever been in. There is so much change happening all at once that nobody really knows what's going on. Timelines and expectations move so quickly that burnout is expected - but you have to keep going. Top-level leadership isn't listening to staff. During one KOSA call, I remember the CEO taking questions from staff. One question was, "Do you foresee the pace slowing down anytime soon? It's been a difficult past year and it's been hard to keep up" (not the exact wording, but the jist of it). And the CEO laughed. She LAUGHED. The question was very obviously focused on how employees were having a hard time keeping up with the change and massive workload. I had coworkers sending me emails at 11:30pm, 1am, and Saturdays and Sundays. Once I heard the CEO laugh and say that the pace would not be slowing down, I knew I had to get out of there. I've never experienced burnout like I did at NLC. I'm not afraid of hard work and I enjoy being busy, but this workload was insane. My supervisor tried her best to help manage the work, but there's only so much you can do when everybody is under the same (or more) pressure. After I left, I heard that a big portion of my team also left NLC for similar reasons.

6. 1.0
    Current Employee

Good benefits, dead end job

Jan 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and benefits compared to any other similar position in the valley.

Cons

Never seen so much nepotism before, unless you are related to someone in the company, you won't ever grow. Toxic work environment that provides no room for growth. Constantly just giving leadership different titles and promotions but 95% of employees stay where they have always been. They act as if they listen but nothing ever changes. You won't ever do your job for the students, it's all for leadership, which wasn't the original goal. Culture used to be awesome, now it's totally gone and everything is profit-focused.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Genuinely care

Jan 20, 2022 - Curriculum Developer in Boise, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership and other colleagues genuinely care for you. You really do feel part of a large family.

Cons

If you don't have good personal boundaries you can end up working a lot of (unpaid) overtime.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Immature Leadership

Jan 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and benefits You'll like your peers Flexible work location Nice facilities

Cons

Priorities change daily - immature leadership is reactive Leadership issues that leadership ironically tries to fix with constant restructuring and role changes for the rest of the staff Unhappy staff stays for pay and benefits and keep their complaints to trusted peers to avoid consequences. The result is a silent, toxic culture in some areas. The cycle continues.

9. 5.0

Great place to work

Jan 5, 2022 - Project Coordinator in Chico, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family oriented, great benefits, tons of perks

Cons

Still working out management kinks, but not a big deal.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Toxic environment

Feb 15, 2022 - Student Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are pretty good actually

Cons

Coworkers are so very toxic

Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Reviews

Northwest Lineman College Reviews FAQs

Northwest Lineman College has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 35 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at Northwest Lineman College to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Northwest Lineman College employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Northwest Lineman College. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

61% of Northwest Lineman College employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Northwest Lineman College 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Northwest Lineman College to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Northwest Lineman College Job Seekers