Found 66 of over 72 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about Northwest Lineman College? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Northwest Lineman College employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The pay was competitive." (in 8 reviews)
- "Good benefits." (in 8 reviews)
- "Not only do I get to work with awesome people, I have the ability to demonstrate my passion for life long learning." (in 7 reviews)
- "Honestly not much I can say here, I had some great coworkers (and some not so good ones) and for those people I am grateful." (in 5 reviews)
- "Values employee feedback, cares for employees and their families, and provides opportunities for coworkers and leaders to recognize one another for their hard work and dedication." (in 3 reviews)
- "Never seen so much nepotism before, unless you are related to someone in the company, you won't ever grow." (in 5 reviews)
- "There is a little bit of nepotism, but it hasn't adversely affected the culture as far as I can tell." (in 4 reviews)
- "They excel at achieving objectives but fall short when it comes to genuine leadership and effective employee engagement." (in 4 reviews)
- "The communication and continued communication is doing nothing but creating more mistrust, and more confusion." (in 4 reviews)
- "Sadly, myself and another actually loved our jobs, but were forced out by bad management and toxicity." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Northwest Lineman College and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 2.0Sep 13, 2023AnonymousCurrent Employee
- The wonderful front-line people who put in their heart and soul to NLC. - Higher pay than other companies I have seen.
My experience working at Northwest Lineman College has left me unable to recommend it as an enjoyable place to build a career. One of the primary issues I've encountered is a noticeable absence of basic human empathy within the leadership team. This deficit in compassion makes it challenging for employees to feel genuinely valued within the organization. Also, there is a clear misalignment of values and vision among higher-level senior staff members, which creates a negative and mistrustful atmosphere that trickles down throughout the entire company. While some higher-level managers demonstrate exceptional qualities, a significant number seem to lack essential interpersonal skills. They excel at achieving objectives but fall short when it comes to genuine leadership and effective employee engagement. Work-life balance at Northwest Lineman College is unbalanced, with unrealistic expectations consistently placed on the shoulders of the staff. It's disheartening to observe how little importance is attached to prioritizing the well-being of employees. This is even more apparent with the new structure changes that have been implemented at NLC. The recent layoffs, which affected an approx. 30% of the workforce, were handled poorly, creating stress and anxiety among the remaining employees. The communication and continued communication is doing nothing but creating more mistrust, and more confusion. If you are seeking a workplace that values the mental and emotional well-being of its employees, I would strongly recommend exploring other options. It's worth noting that some of the more positive recent reviews may be from staff members who were spared from the layoffs or were promoted, which could explain their more favorable outlook on the company.5
Northwest Lineman College Reviews FAQs
Northwest Lineman College has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 72 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at Northwest Lineman College to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.
60% of Northwest Lineman College employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Northwest Lineman College 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.