Northwest Territorial Mint Reviews | Glassdoor

Northwest Territorial Mint Reviews

Updated Aug 5, 2018

Found 40 reviews

2.6
Northwest Territorial Mint CEO Ross Hansen (no image)
Ross Hansen
  1. "The Biggest Cheater is the one who accuses everyone else"

I worked at Northwest Territorial Mint full-time

Pros

The company is closed, but it brought so much to many lives. It is sad seeing people who stole from the company, ruined the company, and "met the weekly sales quota" without trying for more get to post lies on here. As much as I loved this company, no longer working with people who are dishonest, hateful, and greedy will be beneficial. I am sure the lies will continue on here, but know one thing The Management... staff in DAYTON did care about the employees.

Cons

The people who were rightfully fired, and the ones that write negative lies on this site are the reasons Medallic Art never made it.

Advice to Management

Kent Staff- say hi to Ross Dayton Staff- thank you for caring about the employees

Northwest Territorial Mint2018-02-09

"Mr. Rogers would be ashamed"

Former Employee - Sales in Dayton, NV

I worked at Northwest Territorial Mint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

it was a great learning experience

Cons

the company has been in the news repeatedly since early 2016 and the leadership team brought in to turn things around - both WA and NV based - failed miserably

Advice to Management

Kent Staff- no longer there Dayton Staff- no longer there

Northwest Territorial Mint2018-08-05

"Going Under Soon - Read The Bankruptcy Reports"

Current Employee - Non-Management in Dayton, NV

I have been working at Northwest Territorial Mint full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company used to produce the best quality in the market but with the purge of employees are now just average at best. With a purge of the CEO, all Managers, and a new Trustee, this place can become one of the best once again.

Cons

Bleeding money and miserable untalented self-centered management sealed the fate of closing the doors forever. Always making excuses for failures they generated.

Advice to Management

Step aside, all of you because your incompetency shines like a full moon on a clear night.

Northwest Territorial Mint2017-12-23
  4. "Great Team Enviornment"

I have been working at Northwest Territorial Mint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The 3D artwork is top notch, to be involved in design, sculpting, machining, press, and finishing is amazing. To learn these traits take time but the rewards are endless.

Cons

It is really hard to think of a negative, if I had to say anything as a "Con" it would be that the days go by way to fast. Sometimes I just want more out of a day.

Advice to Management

Please bring more talent to our plant.

Northwest Territorial Mint2017-11-17

"High Caliber Team"

I have been working at Northwest Territorial Mint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

After working for the past 16 years of my life, I have come to realize management and I do not share the same morals or work ethic. I have continued to search for a company that promotes the same things I believe in. I have found it here at Northwest Territorial Mint. The new CEO and management team are constantly finding ways to encourage honesty, integrity, and open lines of communication among their already... high caliber team. The entire company’s dedication to building quality in their work and lives is inspirational. In another 16 years, I will not wonder if I am working for the right company, because I will still be here at Northwest Territorial Mint.

Cons

The company has an image from a previous owner that still lingers. As the new CEO and management team are building honesty, integrity, and open lines of communication, it continues to part ways with employees that don’t share the same values. One thing is for sure, people with the wrong values will not change once they are gone. Thankfully, honesty always has a way of showing its face, and the more people look at... Northwest Territorial Mint the more they will see how wonderful it truly is.

Advice to Management

Continue to appreciate the employees who work hard to make such a wonderful product. It is good to hear the words Thank you used so much!!! Keep it up

Northwest Territorial Mint2017-10-19

"On the right track ...."

I have been working at Northwest Territorial Mint full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined in early 2017 and state with confidence that I've made the right decision joining this company. The management team has a vision for the future and concrete plans on getting there. All employees are treated with dignity and respect in a collegial work environment where idea-sharing and suggestions are encouraged on a daily basis.

Cons

A longer commute than I'd like, but worth it to continue for the opportunity to work with dedicated, industrious co-workers working together toward a common goal.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Northwest Territorial Mint2017-10-09

"Co worker"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

I worked at Northwest Territorial Mint full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I think the company had several great products that were offered to the public

Cons

The company is now staffed primarily in Dayton NV.

Advice to Management

Your staff are what make or break a company. Treat them with dignity and respect and offer through training and the product will sell itself

Northwest Territorial Mint2017-10-17

"Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, NV

I have been working at Northwest Territorial Mint full-time for more than a year

Pros

NWT Mint is last years news. It was a company fraught with mismanagement and corruption. 2017 is proving just the opposite. The new CEO is committed to building a new company based on solid core values and proven ethical business practices. The turn around proves the commitment, loyalty and resilience of the assembled team. Big things are in store and just around the corner.

Cons

Still subject to past rumors and the blatantly false comments from disgruntled former employees. There is a reason why the are ‘former’ and not part of the great team moving forward.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on results from a great team and build this company once again to greatness. The employees, customers and creditors are seeing what most thought impossible. Well done!

Northwest Territorial Mint2017-10-06

"STILL MISMANAGED!!!"

Former Employee - Manager in Federal Way, WA

I worked at Northwest Territorial Mint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Mechanism is in place to mint high quality products but is more focused on profit than quality, with proper and knowledgeable management can achieve that quality again.

Cons

They are in bankruptcy and on the verge of closing their doors. Research them and Medallic Art Company (One and the same). The Trustee, his crew and attorneys are pulling a huge sum of money out of the place along with the new CEO. All the while cutting wages and employees to keep their income coming in. It's a sick joke. Some management is left over from the Ross Hansen era that helped him bilk millions of... dollars from unsuspecting bullion customers. If you are a custom customer GET YOUR DIES out of there IMMEDIATELY!!!

Advice to Management

Hire your competent replacements and GTFO. The Trustee, the CEO, and the rest of management have no idea how to run the business correctly. STOP Lying to everyone!

Northwest Territorial Mint2017-09-08

"Company has lost direction, wastes talent."

Former Employee - Various Management and Creative Roles in Dayton, NV

I worked at Northwest Territorial Mint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

At one time, a good environment for allowing a large degree of creative freedom. Former CEO, Ross Hansen, understood the minting business well.

Cons

No cost of living raises. Poor benefits package. Poor top-down communication. No networking, shared problem solving, or utilization (or even recognition) of employee skillsets, experience, or assets. (And this is AFTER the court-appointed management change in 2016)

Advice to Management

Listen to employees that know the business. Utilize their assets. Make them part of the team. Invest them in the future. DO NOT KEEP THEM IN THE DARK.

Northwest Territorial Mint2017-08-31