KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Personal Investment Chatter

25d

a

Territory Sales Manager

Cold called by financial advisor, 📞 friend suggested he call me, nice guy. He’s pushing life insurance through Northwestern Mutual. Any advice? The insurance plan is around $40 a month. Should I do it? Any red flags to look for? 🚩

47 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The actual job was easy and I got to get to know some really great people!(in 610 reviews)
  • "Northwestern has some great training and they do pair you with a mentor to help you get started.(in 459 reviews)
  • "The office that I work in has a great culture and we have become like a big family.(in 397 reviews)
  • "Great training program they taught you a lot about the business and how it worked.(in 171 reviews)
  • "Great benefits and work amenities that simply can't be beat(in 163 reviews)
Cons
  • "it is a commission only environment and it does tend to seem that it is a cattle call.(in 429 reviews)
  • "No salary and expenses after two years(in 310 reviews)
  • "Low pay and you have to be pushy towards clients(in 198 reviews)
  • "local management controls a lot about how things are overall(in 103 reviews)
  • "Life insurance driven... Most of my family and friends wont take my calls anymore because they think that I'm calling for business.(in 54 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Northwestern Mutual and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?