NortonLifeLock Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
NortonLifeLock CEO Vincent Pilette
Vincent Pilette
0 Rating
  1. "Great company to work with"

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager

I have been working at NortonLifeLock full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Career growth - Deep learning curve - Opportunities to learn cyber security - Flexible working hours

Cons

- Redundant management chain adds complexity

NortonLifeLock2019-09-30
  2. "Directionless and don't care about the individual"

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Draper, UT

I have been working at NortonLifeLock full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay can be decent but it depends on the day. This fluctuates for the same job quite a bit. Since the acquisition of Blue Coat they now have the best comprehensive vision of cyber security (on prem and cloud) with the best secure web gateway in the business (ProxySG). Product portfolio includes SWG, Virus and malware scanning, central management, SSL visibility, sandboxing, web isolation, content filtering and cloud offerings such as web security services and CASB.

Cons

Symantec struggles with direction and execution of their vision. Direction from the top down continually changes. It seems they just can't figure out what to do next and jump from program to program experiencing one failure after another. They are very numbers and money oriented and the customer experience suffers because of it. Upper management makes uninformed decisions behind closed doors and then pushes poorly thought out programs down the line for execution and are not open to others opinions no matter how experienced those opinions might be. Huge number of layoffs in the past few years that creates a culture of insecurity. It's been quite a roller coaster ride. Frustrating and you are left knowing that Symantec doesn't really care about the individual. The workforce is becoming somewhat watered down, brain drain due to highly skilled and experienced engineers leaving a company. Engineers are commonly overwhelmed and work/life balance is a real challenge at Symantec.

Advice to Management

Value your people! Invest in keeping top talent. Seek the advice and suggestions of experienced engineers in the field that understand the nuts and bolts of premium customer support for their products before making process and program changes. Break away from the one size fits all approach to premium support and embrace diversity of customer and product in order to provide real and valuable support services to our customers. Data can help drive program direction but understand what data to use when making decisions about utilization and value of the service. Case counts are not the measure of a premium support experience.

NortonLifeLock2019-11-09
  3. "Bad Management"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Allen, TX

I worked at NortonLifeLock full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I loved the people I worked with

Cons

My Manager job was to tear me down every week, NO encouragement whatsoever

NortonLifeLock2019-11-07
  4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at NortonLifeLock full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture is unmatched, awesome people and managers

Cons

Delay in commission is frequent

NortonLifeLock2019-09-19
  5. "Company in transition"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager

I have been working at NortonLifeLock full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great compensation plan *before Broadcom. Good work-life balance.

Cons

Very weak training and people development. Middle management ONLY care about the PO, very short-sighted. Weak pre/post-sales support.

Advice to Management

Some structure around the customer relationship management process/support, and top-down customer focus.

NortonLifeLock2019-10-01
  6. "Great experience awful operations"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at NortonLifeLock full-time

Pros

Great experience Great management Leadership will teach you a lot

Cons

Nothing is clear There are so many speed bumps it takes so much time out of your day Nothing is clear

NortonLifeLock2019-09-11
  7. "Symantec a great place to work"

Current Employee - Principal Technical Account Manager in Springfield, OR

I have been working at NortonLifeLock full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Hate to see the end of a great company.

Cons

Loved my time at Symantec! I will miss it.

NortonLifeLock2019-08-13
  8. "Love my team and clients, dislike the inefficiencies of corporate structure"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at NortonLifeLock full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hardworking, capable and productive team while also fun and wonderful people besides. Supervisor is true leader in every sense and promotes a healthy work/life environment.

Cons

Inefficiencies and bureaucratic nature of corporation as well as lack of internal department understanding of market application makes it feel like we are constantly stepping on our own necks.

Advice to Management

Trust your channel leaders and be goal-oriented - "how can I help you accomplish this" versus "what can I do to derail efforts"

NortonLifeLock2019-08-09
  9. "Symantec Inside Sales Account Manager"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager

I worked at NortonLifeLock full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great compensation and benefits for the local area.

Cons

Too much change at executive level and M&A.

NortonLifeLock2019-08-23

"Sales Professional Account Manager 5"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at NortonLifeLock full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of options in terms of offerings from the portfolio, potential to make a lot of money

Cons

The downside of such a large portfolio is very few of the sales teams are familiar with all the offerings and the product teams have yet to figure out how to make them truly integrated to provide value to the end customer. The culture contributes to much of the downside. Way too many internal groups have been enabled to say no. The innovation seems to be gone due to all the different inherited organizations from all M&A activity over the past few years. These -fiefdoms are broke up between former Blue Coat, Symantec, and the slew of former McAfee employees with very little trust between any of them.

Advice to Management

The purge must continue, hiring people with character will help change the culture. Stop enabling unqualified people to remain in leadership positions. With 5 CEOs in the last 9 years there is a culture vacuum; a lack of belief in what the vision and strategy is since we are all waiting for the next guy to come in and change it. I hope you can get it right this time in terms of a new CEO.

NortonLifeLock2019-06-01