Cover image for Nova Founders

Finance

14d

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

7 Comments

Finance

109.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Nova Founders~755688
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "This environment is great for people who are ambitious, but horrible for people who prefer a 9(in 11 reviews)
  • "Great colleagues with ambitious mindset(in 7 reviews)
  • "Very performance driven culture.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Management is easy to approach and they are willing to teach you a thing or few about the business.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor salary, hustling their employees(in 6 reviews)
  • "Unnecessary long hours, even if you finish early you are pushed to stay in the office late (1 AM).(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy

Aug 11, 2022 - Management Associate in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- You get to apply sketchy marketing - Every decision is made by the owner, so you carry no actual responsibility - It is easy to get friends there, because everyone has one thing in common: A bad experience

Cons

- The owner hunts you down - The office does not have a coffee machine - The office runs out of toilet paper daily

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Amazing people and tons of responsibility | Low pay

Oct 21, 2021 - Intern in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mads and Stefan (the founders) are amazing and will inspire you every day to push your boundaries, and Stefan will also make you laugh once in a while with hilarious jokes - very friendly place. The management structure is very flat which means you might also get to work with these guys depending on which startup / floor you will be placed. Everything is possible here; if you have a great idea about something they are all ears. Best idea wins no matter title or experience, and same applies to responsibility - if you show that you can swim then they will probably soon send you to the Olympic Games. You will grow tons by this, and not be given this opportunity anywhere else. It's a lot more that makes this place amazing.

Cons

Salary is very low. Although it's fun that the startup's growing and you get to meet amazing people, it's a clear distinction between Nova's employees and the startup-recruited people. I think the "Nova culture" may disappear by this - and for many the culture means everything at this place. Hope they keep it together.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. Join the Nova Founders team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Problem Solver Culture

Jan 17, 2022 - Management Associate in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility to work with CEO's, discuss strategies, micro-strategies and execute. You have the ability to build start-ups with a very hands on approach. Your actions have a very direct impact to the growth of the company. Seeing tangible gains from actions is extremely rewarding. High energy culture. Being surrounded by hungry problem solvers is energizing.

Cons

Hours can be long but when you're surrounded by high energy cool individuals who are happy to work together and help out, this isn't really a con.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  5. 3.0

Hate it or love it

Nov 28, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely intelligent, talented and hardworking people in the Group. They will definitely teach you a thing or two about work ethic, structured problem-solving, hustling and working under pressure. Room for fun, playing football, jokes, etc. Dominated by Danes.

Cons

The management style is driven by fear and a narrow interpretation of what creates results. There is little diversity of thought and it’s hard for me to see how they will do anything besides copying former business models. It’s a male dominated culture which in my experience has created a unidimensional organisation unfit to challenge its own thinking. Roughly there are two kinds of people in the company: Young and starstruck boys who wants to be like Mads or Stefan or alpha males fighting to set direction. Nova is “military service” for aspirational business professionals and like the military you should do what is told, don’t think too independently and accept a poor salary.

6 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Questionable morals though excellent exposure

Jan 27, 2021 - Associate in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Direct contact with people who have built highly successful businesses. Teaches you a lot about what hard work is, how to build things quickly. Total responsibility for everything you do - though this also translates into all of the downside if anything goes wrong.

Cons

Belief that the best environment that one can have in a growing business is everyone thinking the same way; therefore, if you think like everyone (by which I mean like Mads and Stefan) you will succeed and enjoy life. If you don't, you won't be allowed the freedom and responsibility to explore. Danish spoken at all times to the exclusion of non-Danish speakers (about 3 people in the office) Do your diligence and speak to people who have worked with the business before joining to really understand how they operate. Morals can be utterly bemusing, though they suddenly make sense when you realise their key moral is to look after themselves at all times.

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Great place

Dec 5, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Aarhus
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great colleagues with ambitious mindset

Cons

None that comes to mind

Be the first to find this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Working at Nova Founders is like every day playing with the all-star team of Management Consulting and Banking

Nov 26, 2018 - Junior Venture Analyst in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nova Founders Capital may very well be the best accelerator for any young talent who manage to get employed. Everyone gets the opportunity to do projects that in other companies would only come to more senior employees. With a senior staff of employees arriving at Nova from McKinsey, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and UBS, everyone in the room is able to learn a lot from just observing how these people work as they are more than willing to teach you their methods. The company has a fantastic culture of employees taking ownership of each of their projects as well as the company in itself. After having a successful time at Nova at a young age, your CV and reference list will equal that of no other.

Cons

Coming to Nova as a junior you have to be aware that Nova is both a full-time education and a full-time workplace. Therefore, when being employed by Nova, you have to be ready to work hard and long hours to achieve that invaluable learning experience you get from learning from these projects and senior employees at an early age. Some former employees have quickly realised that long hours at Nova does not equal what it does in Denmark, and that is to be respected.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0

Danish Version of a Chinese Sweatshop

Nov 26, 2020 - Content Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

A genuine window into what a business run by an unashamed overt socioath might look like - very interesting

Cons

I just wish my friends could have seen what I saw first hand

15 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good learning ground with an ambitious team

Feb 18, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked with Nova for 1.5 intense years in KL and later in HK before I decided to start my own company with some friends from back home. Overall working at Nova was an intense experience. Of course there are better and worse days, some experiences I hated, some I loved - ultimately working in a KPI driven start-up can be quite tough at times. But overall I have learned tons at my time with Nova and only today, where I am building my own company, really learned to appreciate what great school I went through with the guys from Nova. Made lot`s of friends there and am still in touch with many of them.

Cons

See above. Simply the hard work can be a pain sometimes. When your MD asks you to get something done over a weekend or till next morning and you know your evening is screwed. Some of those tasks come short noticed and could probably better managed. But then again, since I am building my own company, I find myself in such same situations more often than not. So maybe it`s just the nature of a start-up. But anyways, try to improve that.

3 people found this review helpful
  11. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great business - but not for slackers!

Jan 28, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work for one of the startups from Nova and in the time since joining last year, have found the group to to be a driven and enterprising team who are open minded when it comes to what opportunities to approach and how to approach them. Its exciting to be surrounded by people who are so focused and genuinely passionate about what they do and the pace that they move at compared to many organisations, means every day is different and challenging - in a good way!

Cons

Don't join unless you are prepared to work hard and certainly not if you like spending more time in meetings than doing things. The expectations are high and so is the pace, but that is what makes the place so invigorating and is how we get things done. It wont be the right scene for everyone but almost everyone I have worked with here seems to be pushing a high standard and giving 110%!

7 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 55 Reviews
</>Embed

Nova Founders Reviews FAQs

Nova Founders has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 70 reviews left anonymously by employees. 59% of employees would recommend working at Nova Founders to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Nova Founders employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Nova Founders. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

59% of Nova Founders employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Nova Founders 2.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Nova Founders to be senior leadership, management, career development and the cons to be work life balance, compensation.

Popular Careers with Nova Founders Job Seekers