Nova Medical Centers (Texas) Medical Center Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Nova Medical Centers (Texas) Medical Center Manager Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2015

4.7
Nova Medical Centers (Texas) CEO Ulf Rohde (no image)
Ulf Rohde

"Nova offers opportunities for advancement and great learning invaluable ventures."

Current Employee - Medical Center Manager in McAllen, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time for more than a year

Pros

I feel supported by all levels of management and valued as an employee (especially our area ADCO). Coming to work every day is always a mind and work challenge. I never get bored with my job and love the fact that I am treated as an equal by my peers and my staff. I know my opinion, as does that of my staff matters and all is definitely considered. In fact, all employees are encouraged to voice their opinions about... how to make NOVA a better workplace at all times so we are all content. I believe that if you show appreciation, you will without a doubt receive it in productivity with your staff. Above all, it is important for me to work for a company with great work ethics, professionalism and tactfulness. I'm extremely proud to say I love working for NOVA and I love my job! Nova gets nothing less than 101% of me.

Cons

The work hours. I would like to see more of an 8:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.. hour schedule. As it is being in management it takes an extra chunk of time to ensure all obstacles are complete before going home for the day. Working till 6 and staying later thereafter pretty much takes the evening away from most of us to spend with our families on a daily basis, not to mention those who are single parents. This is more of a... suggestion not a complaint.

Advice to Management

A little more personal "thank you/appreciation gestures" would be nice or even a more in depth recognition for our late hours and efforts to make our facility the best over any. Raises would be extremely nice as well.

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2015-07-29
  2. "Well Worth The Time And Effort"

Medical Center Manager in Waco, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas)

Pros

No weekend hours, tons of support from the top all the way down, great working environment and people who truly lead as opposed to bossing around. This job allows me as a manager to truly lead and work with my team as opposed to hiding behind a door just managing paperwork. The company has maintained its ability to remain cohesive despite its growth. Great leadership from corporate makes my job enjoyable.

Cons

Terrible equipment we use. The computers are way outdated, slow and frustrating at times. Salaries are also a bit too top heavy making it difficult to retain lower level employees.

Advice to Management

Shift around the $$$ a bit again and start allowing merit increases for those front line employees who are truly the face of Nova. I have a FANTASTIC employee who has been there almost 3 years with NO RAISE. This is not good for retaining great talent. Also invest in better computers.

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2015-06-07
  3. "Medical Center Manager"

Current Employee - Medical Center Manager in Knoxville, TN

Pros

Tons of opportunities for advancement and growth in your current position. A growing company with a very bright future! Nova recognizes all employees and rewards and is a pleasant, happy place to work. The support structure from upper management is unlike any other I have ever seen! They are always available with guidance and assistance from vast experience and knowledge bases.

Cons

Sometimes there are difficult situations, but there is an amazing support structure present to help you deal with it effectively

Advice to Management

Keep up the fantastic job you do for everyone, every day to make this the best place to work!

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2015-04-22