Nova Medical Centers (Texas) Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Ulf Rohde

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The executive management team is loyal and is good at recognizing hard work when it needs to be recognized (in 15 reviews)

• The thing I like about Nova is that you are acknowledged for your hard work and are given the choice to move into a management role (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance is sometimes hard but can manageable (in 7 reviews)

• Upper management loves having meeting regardless if the clinic is overflowing with patients (in 7 reviews)

"Continuous Improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great hours, good people, relaxed environment, an opportunity for growth, and a passionate management team.

Cons

While they are taking steps to improve, it is taking some time. Otherwise, they do care and working at it.

Advice to Management

Listen to current and past employees about their wants/needs. Continue to make changes and improvements.

2. "Ops"

I worked at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) (More than a year)

Pros

Sometimes there are slow days depending on where you work. Other than that there really isn't any positives.

Cons

The worst benefits and no raises. Management only contradicts themselves. Honestly the most unorganized place I've ever worked for. High turnover rate

Advice to Management

Stop contradicting yourselves and become more encouraging to your staff.

3. "Industrial Director"

Current Employee - Industrial Director in Waco, TX
    Current Employee - Industrial Director in Waco, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great working environment and a great leadership team to lean on!

Cons

Very demanding in terms of activity, but it's not a con...it's a great way to keep your pipeline full!

Advice to Management

Keep asking for input from the sales team!

4. "Industrial Director"

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time

Pros

I work in the DFW market and have the best Managers ever. Ryan and Rachel are always there to help and support us and we work together as a team to be the best we can.

Cons

Working here requires strong organizational skills. I work well in a structured, organized environment. Those who are not organized and able to multi-task may not be the right fit.

5. "Radiographers: do not consider working here!"

Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

no weekend, no call

Cons

80% of a radiographer's day will be spent doing alcohol breath testing and drug testing. 10% of your day cleaning toilets, mopping floors (being housekeeping personnel instead of being a radiographer) 10% will be actually performing YOUR JOB AS A RADIOGRAPHER! Ridiculous! You will not be informed of this fact during the interview that you will be expected to perform the duties of housekeeper and MA. Nova only began giving pay raised 09/2017. Most were only 20 cents. Radiographers this is a job with no possible advancement.

Advice to Management

Stop misleading potential employees regarding the job duties. High turn over due to non disclosure. Hire Housekeeping staff. Monitor your Supervisors, several are very unethical. Increase PTO accruals. Take the Lead in showing HONOR to your employees who only want to work hard to make the patients want to return to your facilities again.

6. "Therapy Dept"

Current Employee - Therapy Department in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Therapy Department in Houston, TX

Pros

Max 8 patients per day for each therapy provider per day. Computer documentation is easy to use. Hours of operation Monday through Friday

Cons

No way to advance salary. No raise system in place. Does not give cost of living adjustment or holiday bonus. Large turnover rate of employees.

Advice to Management

Benefit package needs to be updated to market competition. Increase PTO. Need to give employees incentive to stay and offer advancement in salary. Treat PTA with same respect of PTs since both have professional licenses.

7. "Micro Management"

Former Employee - Patient Transporter in Tyler, TX
    Former Employee - Patient Transporter in Tyler, TX

I worked at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Somewhat friendly atmosphere among employees. Fair pay for a retiree.

Cons

Every move you make is under scrutiny and passed on to higher management. The slightest mistake is exploded and used against you in evaluation. The building is a fire trap waiting to keep you inside. Don’t trust anyone!

Advice to Management

Relax! If you are making a decision to let someone go why not discuss it with them first to find the truth.

8. "Great Professional Development"

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time

Pros

This has been a great environment for professional development. I have honed my marketing skills as well as my consultative selling ability. I am constantly learning! We stay abreast on any changes in the industry and are always given the ability to assist our customers in a way that let's them know we are working for them. There is excellent communication from the top down, and I feel like I always have a good understanding as to where we are headed as a company. It is a faced paced environment, but it is also a lot of fun. I really appreciate the friendly competition we have in our market. The compensation is also great as you have the ability to make an uncapped amount.

Cons

Most leads are generated organically and it's sometimes to find new leads, but there are a lot of resources available that help.

Advice to Management

Continue to show employees that they are valuable to the organization.

9. "CBO"

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time

Pros

Extremely friendly environment and relaxed. Worked with personal schedule changes. Competitive pay.

Cons

Don’t have any cons for this place

10. "Physical Therapist Assistant"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Houston, TX

Pros

1 on 1 outpatient therapy so you can give quality treatments and address patient concerns.
    on site MD or PA to conference with about each patient's needs with shared medical documents.
    excellent billing software
    smartsheet resource with great team collaboration
    clean and safe work atmosphere
    continuing education reimbursement & mentorship from team members
    high level patients who want to get better as fast as possible
    never work Saturday or Sunday

Cons

difficult to get paid or unpaid time off around Spring break, summer, winter break
    no pay raises to match inflation
    high deductible health insurance or health savings account
    limited budget for equipment
    small break room

Advice to Management

If the company is doing well financially, bless the lives of the employees by giving year end bonuses or annual raises. Give more options for health insurance plans. Do not ask us to use paid time off up front in the year if we happen to be sick or are taking care of a sick child