Nova Medical Centers (Texas) Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Ulf Rohde

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "It's been a great place to grow both personally and professionally" (in 10 reviews)

• "It's not your typical sales job where you can make your own hours or work from home" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management loves having meeting regardless if the clinic is overflowing with patients" (in 8 reviews)

• "No raises, high school behavior, unprofessional, lazy, bad attitudes, micromanage, uneducated, unclean, should be closed down if investigated properly" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great Organziation"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Fast paced. Good salary. Excellent benefits.

Cons

Call log is redundant. Micromanaging is a bit overboard.

2. "Manager"

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

quick advancement, great work family locally

Cons

Haven't given any salary staff raises...had minute raise with promotion, less than a quarter, no raise in sight, long long hours, micromanaged.

Advice to Management

You keep losing managers, maybe you need to show them as much appreciation..give them raises as well....otherwise you will keep having turnover...

3. "Do not work here if you're an X-ray Technologist."

I worked at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time

Pros

Perfect place if you suddenly realized you actually don't want to do x-rays, but regress and be a medical assistant.

Cons

They told me they got plenty of x-rays and had a busy work flow, and that since it was so busy I would only help out in the front registering people on the rare occasion it wasn't busy. This was a blatant lie. I would get max 4 x-rays per day. The X-ray tech training me told me she was also lied to. What was I doing the rest of the day..??? Collecting urine samples from truck drivers and filling out the paper work for each specimen/patient. This and take blood pressure is pretty much all I did from 9am-6pm. The x-ray machine is so outdated, it looks industrial and is very limited to what it can do. All you are is a medical assistant who sometimes does x-rays. I once had to watch a patient urinate into a cup; the person training me told the patient and I the company who hired her/him ordered a watched specimen. The patient was not happy and very uncomfortable, they exclaimed they would complain to them afterward. The person training me later told me it turned out it did not need to be watched..!!!!! A worker documented and recorded oxygen saturation...w/o a pulse ox...the company refused to give her one, not sure how thats allowed. One thing would be if they told me it would be like this from the beginning, but they purposely mislead me to believe a completely different job description.
    I drew the line when they told me I had to clean the restroom...
    No X-ray tech will get fulfillment from this place. I don't understand why anyone who went to school for x-ray would feel any sense of fulfillment from collecting urine from truck drivers. This job made me so unhappy, I hated it. I wasn't this unhappy even when I worked my min wage job.

Advice to Management

Stop lying and misleading employees I quit my PRN job for this mediocre Full-time job. Get real machines with actual x-ray tables. Hire housekeeping. Reevaluate your values and reassess your work policies and rules.

4. "This Company is cheap"

Current Employee - PTA in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - PTA in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only One pt per hour

Cons

No raises given to the PT dept. Poor benefits. Poor upper management

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Maybe try an open door policy. Stop quoting "policy'.

5. "Industrial Director"

I worked at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time

Pros

Employees are nice and have a good working knowledge of their job.

Cons

Poor management and lots of unneeded pressure from Area Vice President. Speaks to people in an unprofessional manner. Uses scare tactics to get people to work and not like by all. Please stay away not a good choice. The rating are mostly from employees to go on this website to say good things about the company

Advice to Management

Open your eyes

6. "Employment"

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time

Pros

Good company to work for. Always looking for ways to improve and grow.

Cons

Constantly feel as if your best isn’t good enough. Not everyone is treated equally. Management takes credit for the good work and then it’s your fault when it goes wrong. Doesn’t seem like there’s enough time to do your work before you are moving on to something else.

Advice to Management

Not everyone needs to be micromanaged. Let people show you what they can do instead of holding them back.

7. "Physical therapist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Pay, water fountains work, bathrooms were clean

Cons

You will never get PTO approved unless you’re a PTA. This job is a PTAs dream, they never answer for anything because you have to. The corporate robots constantly hurl “work hard play hard be flexible” as their cute little slogan but they are extremely inflexible. You will get calls weekly from their robotic corporate directors about anything from your PTAs clock in time to a chart review by people that weren’t even there. The front staff is weak and full of drama at all times. Work hours from 9-6 gets old. You don’t have a set schedule just a screen with names and times which breeds laziness due to folks disappearing “to the bathroom” or playing dumb when a patient arrives so naturally all responsibility falls on the supervisor. Remember the part about this being a PTAs dream?

Advice to Management

Let me put my Wendy’s high school heisman on my desk

8. "Medical Clinic Manager"

Current Employee - Medical Clinic Manager in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Medical Clinic Manager in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great "teamwork" environment by far one of the best companies that I have worked for. They have great leaders to guide you and that are involved every step of the way. There is definitely room for growth within the company.

Cons

Not much of a downside for the exception of long hours most days but it pays off in the end.

Advice to Management

Take lots of notes and be available for your staff. What I've learned is being a great leader is to be available and involved with your staff.

9. "Practice Makes Improvement"

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time

Pros

Nova has flexible hours, great people in a relaxed and warm environment. Lots of opportunity to grow and make an impact with a dedicated management team.

Cons

With any growing organization there are growing pains. I see the management team working on improvements but it is taking time.

Advice to Management

Maybe a response tool or open forum for employee feedback as sometimes direct communication can be intimidating.

10. "Love what you do and you'll never work a day in your life!"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

Growing company, great management, perfect work hours, room to breathe, innovative, positive changes being made.

Cons

Still a work in progress as all companies are.

Advice to Management

Ask employees more often what you can do for them and how you can help them.