Nova Medical Centers (Texas) Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ulf Rohde

Pros
  • The executive management team is loyal and is good at recognizing hard work when it needs to be recognized (in 14 reviews)

• Hard work brings good compensation (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance is sometimes hard but can manageable (in 7 reviews)

• flawed training , micro managed (in 8 reviews)

1. "I found the company where I want to build a career and retire from."

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company leadership is aligned with culture. Company delivers on its promises. Many employees who leave Nova Medical Center have returned realizing that the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Cons

Do not take the success of the company for granted and ensure transparency exists both with good and bad news.

Advice to Management

Communicate, communicate, communicate. Don't allow false rumors take control of the message.

2. "Great opportunities for those who work hard."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Corporate atmosphere is very relaxed. Clinic staff are given a lot of opportunities for promotion. Transfer to different locations when positions open.

Cons

Work/Life balance is sometimes hard but can manageable. Some people are only there for a paycheck instead of wanting to see Nova grow and prosper. Communication through out all departments need to be improved.

Advice to Management

Work on communication and focus more on employee retention.

3. "A Cultural Marvel"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture and attitude. They want you to succeed along with the business. They are open to new ideas. Personal and professional growth is encouraged. Everyone is one big family.

Cons

Some may take advantage of the relaxed culture.

Advice to Management

Keep your Team Members engaged. Talk to them about what makes them happy and what they would like to see.

5. "Nova Medical Centers-Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Itinerant Physical Therapist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Itinerant Physical Therapist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with the company almost 3 years. It's been a great place to grow both personally and professionally. I've had the opportunity to work with PTs who have a variety of specializations and years of experience which has afforded me the chance to improve my leadership and clinical skills.

Cons

Communication is always a work in progress as the company and leadership changes but that is to be expected

6. "High salary....but for a reason."

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent con ed opportunities, high salary, retention bonus/student loan repayment, small patient case load, friendly work environment, ability to climb ladder

Cons

micromanagement style from corporate, poor benefits, poor per diem structure and hotel choice when traveling for company, must be very flexible to climb ladder, hours are non variable at 9-6 M-F

7. "Sexist & Stuck In Old Ways"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) (More than a year)

Pros

I met a lot of good people while I worked here. All of the non-C-level employees are taken for granted and unappreciated at corporate, but many are really great people. The PT side of things are well-oiled compared to the company as a whole.

Cons

Things that were unavoidably noticeable in the year+ I was there: One executive is very demeaning towards most women, especially the younger women. Those in HR are not people that employees ever felt comfortable going to with workplace issues or problems. It's like a big boy club that looks down on everyone else. You never could really feel secure there, especially if you weren't a man. One of the executive women is HANDS DOWN the rudest woman I've ever encountered. She's like out of a movie, with an arrogant "do-you-know-who-I-am?" demeanor. Work-life balance doesn't exist for Industrial Directors. The company as a whole does not really believe in keeping up with modern times, which is unheard of for a medically-related company that operates heavily online with their own software. It took a major lawsuit loss to finally rebrand.

Advice to Management

Management is the problem, so my advice to management would be to clear house, but good luck getting rid of all of you.

Mar 21, 2017 – VP, Human Resources

HR investigates all matters brought to its attention in an unimpeded manner. No Nova executive has ever tried to influence any investigation conducted by HR. The independently reached results of the ... More

8. "Nova Medical Centers Review"

Current Employee - Industrial Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Industrial Director in Dallas, TX

Pros

Great environment to work in.
    Management is very inspiring and always willing to help with any issue that employees might have.
    The schedule of being at the office and out in the field is very structured but if there is a special case they are always willing to work with you.
    We are very in tuned with social action causes and willing to help our community around us.

Cons

There can be homework on a weekly basis.
    Sometimes things can be given to the representatives to be done with not enough time to do them and we have to stop what we are doing to get those things done.

Advice to Management

When asking us to do spreadsheets or a project, please give me more information in how you want us to fill out the spreadsheets and not have us guess at what you want.
    Also, when asking me a question about clients or networks please elaborate on the questions so we can answer them with a better knowledge.

Jan 30, 2017 – Social Media Director

Thank you for your review and feedback.

9. "Business Services"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Houston, TX

Pros

Nova's Board allows for innovative thinking. If you have an idea that can improve processes and have the ability to execute the idea with proven results, a green light is given. Not many medical companies allow this type of management. This is what makes Nova successful in my opinion.

Cons

It is difficult to give cons to a company you have loved for over 13 years. However, all companies are not perfect. We stay so busy in our own departments day-to-day responsibilities we sometimes forget to keep the doors of communications open to other departments.

Advice to Management

Keep giving your Management staff with proven track records the green light to move forward with innovative ideas.

Jan 4, 2017 – Social Media Director

Thank you for your honesty and wise words.

"Employee"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Houston, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great chances for advancement
    Family atmosphere within clinics
    Awesome upper management support

Cons

Cost of benefits doubled
    Need to have yearly raises atleast to keep up with increased cost of benefits

Advice to Management

Raises yearly even small ones will increase employee retainment

11. "Great pay - expensive benefits"

Former Employee - Radiology Tech in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Radiology Tech in Houston, TX

I worked at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time

Pros

Pay, co-workers, patients, good variety in day, encouraged to move laterally and upward, numerous locations, great hours

Cons

Expensive and not good benefits, micromanaged by corporate office, management needs to hire good people & trust them,.

Advice to Management

Hire good people and trust them to do their job. Look more closely at an employee's interpersonal style before promoting them. Be more generous with PTO