Nova Medical Centers (Texas) Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Ulf Rohde

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The thing I like about Nova is that you are acknowledged for your hard work and are given the choice to move into a management role" (in 11 reviews)

• "It's been a great place to grow both personally and professionally" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/Life balance is sometimes hard but can manageable" (in 6 reviews)

• "Upper management loves having meeting regardless if the clinic is overflowing with patients" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Medical Clinic Manager"

Current Employee - Medical Clinic Manager in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Medical Clinic Manager in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great "teamwork" environment by far one of the best companies that I have worked for. They have great leaders to guide you and that are involved every step of the way. There is definitely room for growth within the company.

Cons

Not much of a downside for the exception of long hours most days but it pays off in the end.

Advice to Management

Take lots of notes and be available for your staff. What I've learned is being a great leader is to be available and involved with your staff.

2. "Employment"

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time

Pros

Good company to work for. Always looking for ways to improve and grow.

Cons

Constantly feel as if your best isn’t good enough. Not everyone is treated equally. Management takes credit for the good work and then it’s your fault when it goes wrong. Doesn’t seem like there’s enough time to do your work before you are moving on to something else.

Advice to Management

Not everyone needs to be micromanaged. Let people show you what they can do instead of holding them back.

3. "Physical therapist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Pay, water fountains work, bathrooms were clean

Cons

You will never get PTO approved unless you’re a PTA. This job is a PTAs dream, they never answer for anything because you have to. The corporate robots constantly hurl “work hard play hard be flexible” as their cute little slogan but they are extremely inflexible. You will get calls weekly from their robotic corporate directors about anything from your PTAs clock in time to a chart review by people that weren’t even there. The front staff is weak and full of drama at all times. Work hours from 9-6 gets old. You don’t have a set schedule just a screen with names and times which breeds laziness due to folks disappearing “to the bathroom” or playing dumb when a patient arrives so naturally all responsibility falls on the supervisor. Remember the part about this being a PTAs dream?

Advice to Management

Let me put my Wendy’s high school heisman on my desk

4. "Practice Makes Improvement"

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time

Pros

Nova has flexible hours, great people in a relaxed and warm environment. Lots of opportunity to grow and make an impact with a dedicated management team.

Cons

With any growing organization there are growing pains. I see the management team working on improvements but it is taking time.

Advice to Management

Maybe a response tool or open forum for employee feedback as sometimes direct communication can be intimidating.

5. "Love what you do and you'll never work a day in your life!"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing company, great management, perfect work hours, room to breathe, innovative, positive changes being made.

Cons

Still a work in progress as all companies are.

Advice to Management

Ask employees more often what you can do for them and how you can help them.

6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I currently work for NOVA and have for over 5 years. The advancement opportunities are attainable for all team members. This company continues to work on the atmosphere that their employees work in to continue to make it an amazing place to work. They care about each employee and are never to corporate to communicate with them all. Leadership is friendly, approachable and open to new ideas.

Cons

As with any company, the struggle is always affordable healthcare. NOVA works hard to offer great health care but it does come at a cost. This is present in all industries.

Advice to Management

Continue the great work and leadership.

"PT"

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time

Pros

Decent startin pay, CEU benefits

Cons

No raises, underpaid front desk staff leads to weak performance, no communication from upper management , tough to get PTO off

Advice to Management

Value your employees

"Industrial Director"

Current Employee - Industrial Director in Waco, TX
    Current Employee - Industrial Director in Waco, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great working environment and a great leadership team to lean on!

Cons

Very demanding in terms of activity, but it's not a con...it's a great way to keep your pipeline full!

Advice to Management

Keep asking for input from the sales team!

"Industrial Director"

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time

Pros

I work in the DFW market and have the best Managers ever. Ryan and Rachel are always there to help and support us and we work together as a team to be the best we can.

Cons

Working here requires strong organizational skills. I work well in a structured, organized environment. Those who are not organized and able to multi-task may not be the right fit.

10. "Radiographers: do not consider working here!"

Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Houston, TX

Pros

no weekend, no call

Cons

80% of a radiographer's day will be spent doing alcohol breath testing and drug testing. 10% of your day cleaning toilets, mopping floors (being housekeeping personnel instead of being a radiographer) 10% will be actually performing YOUR JOB AS A RADIOGRAPHER! Ridiculous! You will not be informed of this fact during the interview that you will be expected to perform the duties of housekeeper and MA. Nova only began giving pay raised 09/2017. Most were only 20 cents. Radiographers this is a job with no possible advancement.

Advice to Management

Stop misleading potential employees regarding the job duties. High turn over due to non disclosure. Hire Housekeeping staff. Monitor your Supervisors, several are very unethical. Increase PTO accruals. Take the Lead in showing HONOR to your employees who only want to work hard to make the patients want to return to your facilities again.