Nova Medical Centers (Texas) Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Ulf Rohde

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The executive management team is loyal and is good at recognizing hard work when it needs to be recognized (in 14 reviews)

• The thing I like about Nova is that you are acknowledged for your hard work and are given the choice to move into a management role (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance is sometimes hard but can manageable (in 7 reviews)

• flawed training , micro managed (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great Growing Company"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nova allows for all levels to increase their knowledge and experience in the Occmed industry. Great training programs and outlets that allow for internal continued learning.

Cons

Communication is improving, but that's one of those things that can always improve

2. "Rewarding career for the Hard Working and Motivated"

Current Employee - Industrial Director in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Industrial Director in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nova Medical Centers has a proven success model that if you follow it, you will be successful. Management positions are hired from within and the company is in a strong growth mode. I love working for a company of transparency and my goals and requirements are clearly defined. Much like any sales job...you get out of it what you put in. Numbers don't lie.

Cons

Some of the technology is a bit antiquated; however, the Operations and Executive teams are constantly working to improve these internally and for our clients.

3. "Fast Paced Friendly Environment"

Current Employee - Sales in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Opportunity to earn significant income, very fast paced so little time to get bored. Supportive management and company is always looking for ways to update/streamline products for clients.

Cons

Health insurance options are not the best, and in the beginning expect to put in a lot of effort/hours to set yourself up for success.

4. "I was under paid and worked like a dog!"

Former Employee - Physical Therapy Assistant in Duncanville, TX
    Former Employee - Physical Therapy Assistant in Duncanville, TX

I worked at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to hire on but that's about where it ends. I did learn some new manual skills that were offered in our rare free times.

Cons

You are quickly loaded up with patients and expected to get all notes finished by closing because they do not want to pay overtime! They call 10-15 minutes before closing to see how long it will be before you'll be finished. Even if you have a patient during this time!

Advice to Management

Try to show that you like your staff.

5. "Is it my birthday?"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

Great leadership in place. They want to see you succeed. Growing company which is good for everyone. Management listens to you and cares about issues. Good salary and benefits.

Cons

Not really a con, but their office style is relaxed so that may not be what someone is looking for. You get out of it what you put into it, there's no hand-holding.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your team and doing what you're doing. Support is key.

6. "Busy clinic, MGMT dont help when rush of employees come in for random drug screen. You're video taped daily and viewed."

Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If hired for front desk, that's all you do ...if you're hired for back office you only do that.

Cons

Every office is different, but from what I've heard, all MGMT doesn't help anyone if they're in need. It's basically you sink or swim.

Advice to Management

Hire managers that have experience in same field not just because they hold manager title.

7. "X-Ray Operator"

I worked at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time

Pros

I cant think of any.

Cons

No raises, high school behavior, unprofessional, lazy, bad attitudes, micromanage, uneducated, unclean, should be closed down if investigated properly

Advice to Management

Find employment elsewhere because you all can not manage and are uneducated.

8. "Do not pass go, do not collect $200, just run..."

I worked at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Site Physician and Physical Therapists were very skilled, kind, and cared about the patients.
    Had my own office.
    Pay was ok.

Cons

Corporate (non-local) had no trust in and little respect for its providers and staff.
    Patient population, staff, and management were, on average, high drama.
    Medical assistants were inexperienced and poorly trained.

Advice to Management

Don't hire people you can't or won't trust and respect. When the corporate culture is to treat your employees like children, the immature ones will act like children and the the mature employees in whom you could have put your trust will leave in search of the respect they deserve.

9. "All About Money!!!!!"

I worked at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you have no experience and just need a job its the perfect place to work...

Cons

Micromanaged. Horrible benefits. No raises. No flexibility... If your a parent you'll never be able to attend your childs events.. Its hard to get off for a doctors appointment..

Advice to Management

Corporate should invest in they're employees instead of pocketing all the money.. Horrible insurance... Cheap therapy equipment..

"Fantastic Company with Endless Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This has been a great environment for professional development. I learn something new everyday, and there is never a moment where I am bored. I have honed my marketing skills as well as my consultative selling ability. I am constantly learning! We stay abreast on any changes in the industry and are always given the ability to assist our customers in a way that let's them know we are working for them. There is excellent communication from the top down, and I feel like I always have a good understanding as to where we are headed as a company. It is a faced paced environment, but it is also a lot of fun. I really appreciate the friendly competition we have in our market. The compensation is also great as you have the ability to make an uncapped amount.

Cons

Most leads are generated organically and it's sometimes difficult to find new leads, but there are a lot of resources available that help. There is also a fair amount of administrative work involved, but it assists in identifying key opportunities.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!