Nova Medical Centers (Texas) Supervising Physical Therapist Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Supervising Physical Therapist

Nova Medical Centers (Texas) Supervising Physical Therapist Reviews

Updated Aug 17, 2015

5.0
Nova Medical Centers (Texas) CEO Ulf Rohde (no image)
Ulf Rohde
  1. "Supervising Physical Therapist"

Supervising Physical Therapist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas)

Pros

A lot of opportunities for growth as a clinician. They have an online database of certifications and specialties. They give you paid CEU days off, reimburse CEU courses, and have in-house courses at no cost! They have a great new grad mentorship program. Competitive pay with 40 hour work weeks (M-F 9AM-6PM). Many opportunities to advance or transfer within company.

Cons

From my personal perspective, I wish the hours were earlier (7-4 or 8-5) to give me more free time after work. Although the company does reimburse you for CEU courses, if you should leave the company within a year of accepting that money-you have to repay it. Being that therapists are life-long learners, we are always taking CEU courses. I don't ever want to feel that I have to stay with a company because I would... owe them money if I ever decided to leave.

Advice to Management

Flexible hours and less restrictions on reimbursed money.

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2015-08-17

"Great Company With Limitless Potential for Career Growth"

Current Employee - Supervising Physical Therapist in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Nova PT department has been great to work for. I have not encountered anything that I was not briefed about when I was interviewing for the position. This job was exactly as promised and has been a pleasure to perform. The patient population is outpatient orthopedics specializing in occupational medicine. For the most part, our patients are highly motivated to get better so that they can return to work as... quickly as possible. Our therapy approach mirrors that philosophy as we take an aggressive sports medicine approach geared toward increasing participation in dynamic functional activities. While the case load can be demanding at times, Nova has an excellent corporate structure set up to provide assistance where necessary. Whenever my schedule seemed overwhelming, reinforcements arrived so that I could stay focused on providing excellent patient care. Administrative duties, marketing, and other aspects of the business are all handled by other members of the Nova team allowing me to focus purely on patient care. Nova's compensation is far above average including generous bonuses, student loan repayment, and a continuing education allowance. Nova truly cares about their employees and is willing to invest in their professional development. Professional development opportunities include monthly in-services, an entry level physical therapy program, and a PT forum where all therapists within the company can share news about new evidence and new techniques. Nova as a company is very invested in the growth of it's employees as they promote solely from within. If you are interested in progressing towards a more administrative role, Nova will give you the chance. If you are interested in working purely as a clinician and seeing patients, then they will give you that chance as well. In all, Nova is a great place to work and grow both as a clinician and as an individual. I was initially hesitant about signing on because the offer seemed "too good to be true." In retrospect, it is the best decision I have ever made!

Cons

Not every therapist will fit the Nova culture, but for those who like an aggressive sports medicine approach they will fit right in.

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2014-10-14
  3. "I couldn’t be happier. Nova PT and philosophy allow me to help people"

Current Employee - Supervising Physical Therapist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, salary, management, treatment philosophy, ethics, sense of security

Cons

high volume and fast-paced (but it makes the days go by and everyone has high energy)

Advice to Management

As a Supervising PT for Nova, I saw the review recently posted and HAD to respond. Whoever they are, I am glad they’re gone! Nova Medical Centers has been my saving grace. I have worked at other companies in the past where patients weren’t treated as ethically as they should have been: exercises that weren’t beneficial, not doing the most for the patient, not seeing patients frequently enough, et cetera. I became... a physical therapist because I wanted to help people. I wanted to make a difference in their lives. I felt like I wasn’t really getting to do that at my former jobs. Nova restored my faith in PT and has enabled me to truly ‘do good’ EVERYDAY. I see each patient for 2 hours a day multiple times a week. We surpass all the limits. Nova is a 100% occupational health. That is what we do. As such, you absolutely know going in that you are going to be treating work injuries. We call patients “occupational athletes.” So I don’t know if the previous reviewer was confused or what, but it is clear that the patients are not sports athletes. I don’t know what this person is talking about in terms of the power of billing either. The therapists have a duty to ensure accurate billing and we are able to do so with the system we use. It is an automated system, and before submitting anything it asks if you agree with what is automated. If you don’t, you click “no” and can manually enter in the information and time on your own, so that it is an accurate reflection. It cannot be more ethical!! Nova HAS reinvented the wheel. We do not limit treatment like a lot of insurance companies and other facilities do. Whatever treatment is needed for a full recovery is what we do, and if a company doesn’t cover the full cost, Nova picks up the remainder! The focus is totally on the patient and the goal is always to help them recover 100%. And the company recently restructured their management because of their expansion. (They’ve opened like 12 new clinics this year.) There are cameras set up, and I am glad there are! I work with a fantastic team, and we get along amazingly. I have seen colleagues get their deserved recognition and there are definite growth opportunities for those who are flexible. I don’t know what that person’s problem was, but I wouldn’t trade in this career for any other PT job. I am happy here and with the expansion of the company, I am glad to be a part of a company that is aligned with my own personal values and believes in doing good.

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2013-11-11