Nova Medical Centers (Texas) "hard work" Reviews | Glassdoor

Nova Medical Centers (Texas) Employee Reviews about "hard work"

Updated Apr 27, 2017

3.3
Nova Medical Centers (Texas) CEO Ulf Rohde (no image)
Ulf Rohde
Pros
  • "The executive management team is loyal and is good at recognizing hard work when it needs to be recognized(in 13 reviews)

• "The thing I like about Nova is that you are acknowledged for your hard work and are given the choice to move into a management role(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management loves having meeting regardless if the clinic is overflowing with patients(in 9 reviews)

• "No raises, high school behavior, unprofessional, lazy, bad attitudes, micromanage, uneducated, unclean, should be closed down if investigated properly(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "hard work"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "The Best Company I Have Ever Worked With..."

Current Employee - Industrial Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company and management are always moving towards the future. Constantly opening new locations and with that comes upward mobility opportunities. The thing I like about Nova is that you are acknowledged for your hard work and are given the choice to move into a management role.

Cons

This isn't really a con but if you want to be a mediocre employee and not work hard this isn't the company for you. You have to put in the time which may require doing some after hours work on your own.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and pushing everyone to not settle for average.

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2017-04-27
  2. "Nova Medical - Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The atmosphere is very good. There are any of us who have worked for the company for a long period of time so the "team" feeling is very good. The executive management team is loyal and is good at recognizing hard work when it needs to be recognized. Employees/Management are innovative in their ideas and truly wish to ensure that the company continues to grow to be the best in our industry. I knew very early on... working for Nova that I would like to have this be where I retire.

Cons

Not too many other than salary level could be a little higher for the lower level employees. Room for career advancement is very good though

Advice to Management

Concentrate on retaining employee base so that knowledge of the company and growth of newer employees can happen to turn them into long-time loyal employees

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2017-01-04
  3. "CFO"

Current Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Houston, TX

Pros

Open culture, rewards work ethic, patient focused Nova Medical Centers delivers exceptional occupational medical services to a broad array of corporate employers through its many network and payer relationships. The outcomes that are delivered to working men and women benefit our customers and patients and could only be achieved through the efforts of more than 600 dedicated employees located across 4 states and... almost 4 dozen clinic locations. Nova’s clinic personnel including board certified medical doctors, mid-levels including physician assistants, licensed physical therapists, and other health professionals deliver care through Occuflex, our proprietary practice management and electronic health record system. Nova’s growth offers many opportunities for our employees and our culture rewards hard work, initiative, creativity, problem solving and a focus on a positive patient and customer experience. If you enjoy working for a company focused on continuous improvement and want to make a positive improvement in the lives of the many patients we serve, please join me and my many colleagues here at Nova. You may look back at your time at Nova as some of the most memorable periods of your career.

Cons

Not enough time in the day to meet all our goals

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2016-09-15
  4. "Great Company - Ample Room for Growth!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Houston, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time

Pros

I have had the opportunity to work with Nova Medical Centers for several years, and truly value what I have learned from this organization. Nova makes a diligent effort to ensure that its employees have the necessary tools to succeed, and the bar is set high so that reps learn that it is very much possible to exceed their individual sales quotas in addition to their personal goals as Nova employees. With Nova's... nationwide expansion model, hard work will yield results, along with the potential for promotion and managerial responsibilities.

Cons

Company phones are provided, laptops are not. Nova's sales force is extremely hard working - prospective employees must recognize that it takes time to build up your portfolio of business.

Advice to Management

Nova has been an incredible career opportunity thus far - the company is growing leaps and bounds, please keep up the hard work!

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2016-04-22
  5. "Industrial Director/ Sales"

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time

Pros

Making the decision to work with Nova Medical Centers was the best decision I could have made for myself and my family. There is a lot of growth opportunity, and they provide you with everything you need to succeed. I take pride in knowing that I work for a company who has truly set themselves apart in the marketplace. Management is always available and ready to help you succeed and advance your book of business. If... you love to help people, love to work hard and are willing to put in the effort it takes to be good in sales, you will have a long rewarding career at Nova. Great benefits, Quarterly team building events, Awards and Great opportunities!

Cons

This is not a con but more of a notation.This job will easily weed out those who are not looking to make this a career choice. As in any job in sales, it requires lots of dedication and hard work to grow your book of business.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all that you do!

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2015-07-14
  6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - District Manager - Sales, Georgia in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Nova Medical Center is a great company to work for, as it provides a sound foundation of leadership with high expectations to perform. As a result of great performance, opportunities are provided for career advancement. Hard work brings good compensation.

Cons

Management focus is on day to day details of a proven sales process that may not be suitable for everyone, but strong, sales/consultant people thrive in this environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on current business model which will provide growth for the company and recognition and reward for employees that work hard.

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2015-06-16

"Married to my job!"

Current Employee - Operations in Houston, TX

Pros

Great team environment that values hard work and dedication. Co-workers are fantastic and really create a positive company culture - We're like a family!!! Beautiful outside patio for breaks and there is a picnic table in the front courtyard for leisurely luncheons.

Cons

While the office is great, the one thing that does grind my gears is the lack of Diet Coke provided by management. However, there is plenty of Dr. Pepper available for all to enjoy during the day.

Advice to Management

Please increase your monthly diet soda budget for workers.

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2015-04-08
  8. "Bring your ideas to the table and be prepared to discuss them with leadership in the corporate office."

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture encourages new thinking as long as you can back up your ideas. Very open to new ideas. Company culture stresses that you do your job and work well with others.

Cons

A lot to learn the first week with the locations and how many team members you have, but nothing hard work can't fix.

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2015-03-05
  9. "NOVA"

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) for more than a year

Pros

After two years with Nova Healthcare I have had a lot of challenges with the cash department. Although challenging at times it is very rewarding. The management staff has always strived to be fair and always recognize the hard work associated with the job at hand. I will continue to work with NOVA in their growth and accept the new challenges with open mind and hands.

Cons

NOVA IS A STEADY GROWTH COMPANY

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2014-10-16
  10. "Great place to work!!"

Current Employee - Sales - Industrial Director in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been with Nova for almost two years and I couldn't be happier working for a company like this. I have been very fortunate to join the team here and have seen many successes including myself. Coming to Nova was a great career move for me. I have learned so much and met some amazing people along the way. People who wanted the best for me and did anything to push me to succeed. The management team is great. Their... constant effort to see me do well is motivating. I am convinced that if you follow the system they have in place you will without a doubt succeed! I can't imagine working for another company and anyone who is lucky enough to have the opportunity, take it!

Cons

In the beginning you work very hard to build your clientele but looking back the hard work really pays off.

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2014-09-19