Nova Medical Centers (Texas) "management team" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Nova Medical Centers (Texas) Employee Reviews about "management team"

Updated Mar 7, 2017

3.3
Nova Medical Centers (Texas) CEO Ulf Rohde (no image)
Ulf Rohde
Pros
  • "The executive management team is loyal and is good at recognizing hard work when it needs to be recognized(in 13 reviews)

• "The thing I like about Nova is that you are acknowledged for your hard work and are given the choice to move into a management role(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management loves having meeting regardless if the clinic is overflowing with patients(in 9 reviews)

• "No raises, high school behavior, unprofessional, lazy, bad attitudes, micromanage, uneducated, unclean, should be closed down if investigated properly(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "management team"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time

Pros

The company is growing and over the past two years I was able to contribute to building the accounting and finance department. Things move very fast around here. There is very little bureaucracy and it's rewarding to see the accounting and finance infrastructure being built as we grow into a larger company and many processes improve over time. I work in the corporate office and the management team is very close... to the staff members. It's a laid back atmosphere but people work hard to achieve a common goal of making Nova a better company.

Cons

To work at Nova you would have to embrace change and always challenge yourself to be better. Things are much different now than they were even just a year ago, as we are constantly improving and helping to grow the company. If you have the mentality of working at a big corporation with a well-defined structure and set routines, then it would be difficult to fit in at Nova.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2016-02-26

"Industrial Director"

I worked at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time

Pros

Company continues to look for ways for ways to improve business model as a way to help companies save money on Workers Comp. claims with their employees. Has good office staff employees. Pay is average if you work hard.

Cons

The Georgia sales team is managed from a fear management style with very little input because people fear they will loose their jobs and they always say Corp. with support them no matter what. The management team always says that they are doing things because Corp said to do so or as they call it "The Board" but they as management do not believe in the directive. Too many after hours phone calls and will do anything... to make themselves look good. Needs to be more work from management team and less playing around throughout the day until 4pm. Management needs to understand that people leave because of them and not the reasons that they tell the Corp. office. Not professional group of people at all. Can not believe anything they say because they are always talking bad about managers in other markets.

Advice to Management

Need to get feedback ongoing form your employees as whole because you are truly missing out on some good people due a management style that really could cause problems down the road.

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2017-03-07
  3. "Nova Medical - Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The atmosphere is very good. There are any of us who have worked for the company for a long period of time so the "team" feeling is very good. The executive management team is loyal and is good at recognizing hard work when it needs to be recognized. Employees/Management are innovative in their ideas and truly wish to ensure that the company continues to grow to be the best in our industry. I knew very early on... working for Nova that I would like to have this be where I retire.

Cons

Not too many other than salary level could be a little higher for the lower level employees. Room for career advancement is very good though

Advice to Management

Concentrate on retaining employee base so that knowledge of the company and growth of newer employees can happen to turn them into long-time loyal employees

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2017-01-04
  4. "Industrial Director"

Industrial Director in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) for more than a year

Pros

I've been an Industrial Director with Nova for over a year. The Industrial Director role manages the relationship of our clients and companies in the local area. When I was first hired, the hands on training was unique and one of the toughest I've experienced; however, the reward was great! In my eyes Nova is a company of integrity. They are fair to the employees. The management team in Tennessee has an open door of... communication, creative ideas and a push when we need it most. On a corporate level, our medical, operational and billing management care about the companies in Tennessee. They demonstrate this by resolving issues quickly, should they arise. Our clients enjoy the electronic communication piece of the business as well. The package Nova offers is exciting for me to market because it's conveying a message of need. In Chattanooga and surrounding areas, there isn't an Occupational medicine provider that offers a turn-key solution for work comp like Nova. As a little bonus, our local doctor is Board certified in occupational medicine. This makes it exciting to come to work, to get the word out, to sell. When you're not a morning person (maybe you can relate), it is much easier to get up when you like what you do and believe it is for a good cause - helping others.

Cons

For a new hire, the ramp up period can be a challenge & it too shall pass. Think positive thoughts. Sing your favorite meditation song...Woosah...

Advice to Management

Incentive programs for free gas cards would be awesome! The driving it takes in this role = feeling like a road warrior.

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2015-04-17
  5. "Nova has given me the tools to run a successful, thriving business while marketing their specialized services"

Current Employee - Industrial Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time

Pros

No one else running an occupational medical center offers all the services Nova does. Selling to clients is one of the easiest sales jobs I've ever had. The real time reporting systems do the job for you in most cases when it comes to your clients getting instant feedback on their employees that come into Nova. I've never seen a system that does that - it makes my job so much easier! I have a very supportive... management team and a great front office staff that takes care of any issues that arise that I may not get to first - it's a real team effort.

Cons

The initial hiring process is a real test of your patience and ambition. You have to download a lot of information all at once and be ready to absorb it all / speak to it quickly. Not for the fly-by-night salesperson. You have to commit to the training and goals set before you. It is arduous, but worth the payoff.

Advice to Management

Be sure your candidate is ready to be tested and is committed to being the best they can be! The goals are attainable and I've never been happier in a sales position. It is a unique opportunity to run your own business under the Nova Medical Center platform, with clients who are grateful we exist!

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2015-04-15
  6. "Great Place To Work With Uncapped Commission and Strong Opportunity for Career Growth!"

Sales - Industrial Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas)

Pros

For being in sales a majority of my professional career one of the best benefits of this job is to develop in person rapport with your clients and seeing 6-8 companies a day. You have the opportunity to structure your day to see as many people as you can after the morning call block. You chose how you want to conduct your book of business in regards to which target markets you chose to go after. In addition this is... one of the only sales positions where I 100% believe our service is the best in the industry so educating companies about Nova and getting them to use us is not difficult since we are a leader in the occupational medical industry. The management team will bend over backwards to make sure you succeed and will help in any way they can. As an employee you are continually practicing your pitch to perfect your craft as an industrial director to make you the best that you can be. I truly enjoy working here and could not be more thankful to the management team that's in place to help me continue to advance my career.

Cons

The only con I can possibly think of is you return to the office at the end of the day after your sales appointments in the field- which some people like and others don't.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to offer besides thanking the management team in place in Atlanta for helping me grow my book of business month over month and continue to succeed in this position.

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2015-03-10
  7. "One of the best decisions I made for my career is working for Nova Medical Centers."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time

Pros

The recruiting department has provided a great team oriented environment where I have learned so much. The management team really pushes us to be the best we can be because they want to see us succeed. In the year that I have worked here at Nova, I have seen many opportunities for advancement. It is really rewarding to work for such a great company.

Cons

Finding NRCME certified doctors can be challenging.

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2014-11-05
  8. "Great place to work!!"

Current Employee - Sales - Industrial Director in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been with Nova for almost two years and I couldn't be happier working for a company like this. I have been very fortunate to join the team here and have seen many successes including myself. Coming to Nova was a great career move for me. I have learned so much and met some amazing people along the way. People who wanted the best for me and did anything to push me to succeed. The management team is great. Their... constant effort to see me do well is motivating. I am convinced that if you follow the system they have in place you will without a doubt succeed! I can't imagine working for another company and anyone who is lucky enough to have the opportunity, take it!

Cons

In the beginning you work very hard to build your clientele but looking back the hard work really pays off.

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2014-09-19
  9. "Great Company to Build and Continue Your Career"

Current Employee - Sales - Industrial Director in Mesquite, TX

Pros

I have been with NOVA Medical Centers for a little over a year now. This was my first sales position, and Nova taught me how to not just survive but thrive in sales. They gave me all the tools I needed to succeed, and continue to move forward with the company. This company has so much room for growth within one's career, and the management team is the best I've ever had to work with. They are always available for... direction, advice, and most of all they help you learn how to be successful in this industry. I've heard so many horror stories about other companies having cutthroat competition between sales reps, and with NOVA we are always helping each other out. There is a sense of camaraderie along with the healthy competition needed to motivate their employees. The compensation structure is the best of any sales job I've seen, and there is a real opportunity to make a great living with NOVA.

Cons

Lots and lots of driving/mileage on your car, as well as being able to do work after hours from home (it is a salary+commission position so you have to expect working more than 40 hrs/wk)

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2014-09-17

"Nova Medical Centers - Georgia"

Current Employee - Industrial Director in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Pros of working for Nova Medical Centers here in GA is having a career and not a job. If you are willing to work hard and do the little things everyday this is one of the most gratifying sales/marketing positions in the workforce. I have never been with a company before now that has the upward mobility possibilities and that is growing as fast as Nova Medical Centers. The management team that is in place has... really helped and pushed me to be better and not settle for being average and making the minimal amount which has increased my income. They care about your growth and family life and we are constantly having competitions that give more opportunity to get even more bonuses on top of what we already make. Another major pro is working for a company that literally has the best product/services in the industry. If you can't sell Nova to a company and hit the numbers required here you're just not a good sales person. It really is that simple. If you want money, a great product to sell, great management and very fast upward mobility this is where you need to be and I am speaking from experience

Cons

The only cons that I have are the obvious that some of the accounts that you may have had relationships from a previous role with a past company could possibly already be using Nova but every business has to have a company like us and the account opportunities are more than enough.

Advice to Management

Open more locations in Georgia faster.

Nova Medical Centers (Texas)2014-08-26