Nova Merchant Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "AWESOME JOB"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Nova Merchant Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love coming to work everyday the job has just been fantastic and management is so helpful!!

Cons

The break room could use a lot of improvement and it would be awesome to get an additional refrigerator

Advice to Management

Provide more guidance so that we can move up the corporate latter

2. "Avoid."

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Nova Merchant Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They do offer a base pay. Provided they can cover payroll.

Cons

Troubles with pay. (Bounced pay check; along with them simply not paying last paycheck + commissions upon leaving employment. (Which is illegal)

They misrepresent how the processing works in training so as to employ deceptive sales techniques to prospective merchants. Some merchants end up with good deal at times whereas most get head ripped off.

Advice to Management

Actually run a business without tearing ppls heads off and maybe you'll be able to retain accounts and make money long term rather than just trying to make a quick buck.

Maybe then you won't have to rebrand to try and knock over same merchants again.

3. "Awesome Work Enviroment"

Current Employee - Account Manager/Customer Service in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Account Manager/Customer Service in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Nova Merchant Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company works very hard to ensure that everyone feels at home; and part of a team! There are constantly contests and outings its a very fun place to work! Steven Morgan is by far the best employer I have ever had!

Cons

The hours are long, and sometimes you can feel overworked and my drive time and commute daily is a little rough.

Advice to Management

Perhaps give a couple of breaks through out the day. and more sales competition.

4. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Nova Merchant Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has a great comp plan. There is room to grow. And you get to interact with a lot of different people.

Cons

The appointments are far away this job is definitely a road warrior job.

Advice to Management

The appointments need to be better confimed and grouped closer together.

5. "Nova Merchant Services - Positive Impact Review. Efforts are rewarded and customers are cared for. Nova Mercha"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Nova Merchant Services full-time

Pros

I've worked for Nova for 5 years. I've done sales, customer service, technical support, a little bit of it all. Nova management is great, they take care of every single person from sales bonuses to monthly raffles, organize events, and they get involved with the community through philanthropy which I love! They genuinely try to keep customers happy within reason. Just lately, we shipped a ton of free credit card terminals to upgrade our customers for EMV. That's a lot of money for the company, but they do it because it's the right thing to do. I would recommend.

Cons

The sales side can get a little pushy, but what sales company doesn't push sales? As long as you are meeting your quotas in an honest way, you have nothing to worry about.

Advice to Management

Let the sales staff in on some of the monthly raffles and such. Since we are not in the office we get a little left out.

6. "Nova team!"

Pros

I've been working with the company for 4 years almost 5 and I can honestly say that this is 1 of the best companies I have worked for. Not only does the management team care about their employees, but they show it as well. They have a great acknowledgement system where I won't go unrecognized for my hard work. They appreciate the roles of every employee staffed whether its a customer service rep, sales rep, shipping etc. I would recommend Nova Merchant Services 100%.

Cons

My commute to work would most likely be the only downside.

Advice to Management

Nothing. You guys are awesome!

"Liars and Cheats"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in North Highlands, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in North Highlands, CA

I have been working at Nova Merchant Services (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Guaranteed Salary. It seems really great at first.

Cons

The company teaches lie in order to sell. From the very beginning, in training you are taught incorrectly how the industry works, how fees and rates work, how others sell, and how you are compensated. There is nothing honest about their approach. When you take the effort to learn how to actually do the job honestly, you get attacked and told to go back to selling on lies. When you call them out on it, they make things up to try to then sell you on their lies. Work here if you don't mind completely selling out and setting up merchants for ridiculous rates with outrageous 4 year leases. They won't even do your processing if you don't agree to a lease. What does that tell you about a company? Stay far far away from Nova. If you want more info, just look up the rip off reports on this company. Also, the positive reviews on here are total manufactured BS.

Advice to Management

I would tell you to do business honestly, to treat your employees with the respect they deserve, to be transparent about the compensation structure, to treat your customers like they are more than just a target for revenue, and much more, but your unethical behavior knows no bounds. Close your business and go away. You are terrible people who deserve the worst, especially Steve Morgan, who repeatedly lied about his actual position in the company.

8. "I have had nothing but a positive experience with Nova Merchant Services since I started working here three years ago."

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Houston, TX

I have been working at Nova Merchant Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I feel that Nova offers a competitive salary package plus commissions and benefits. I feel the pre-set appointments I have received thus far have taken the burden off of me as an outside sales representative to cold call and knock door-to-door in order to generate business. The company has provided me with a framework of support and resource in order to help me be successful at my position as a Senior Account Executive.

Cons

The driving sometimes can be exhausting, but certainly that goes with the territory of outside sales.

Advice to Management

Shorter driving distances.

"Lies, Cheat and Steal"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Nova Merchant Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company promises you the world. They give you a base salary and commissions. They say you will get a company phone, raise after 90 day, they makes it sound AWESOME to a good salesman. its all LIES.

Cons

They ask you to use the shadiest sales techniques in the business. The CEO will ask you to not to tell them the contract is 48 months. The company is owned by a wife and husband and in laws. They need to be shut down. Be sure to read the rip off reports for this company. Read the BBB reports as well.

Advice to Management

Grow some integrity and become more ethical. Treat people as you would want to be treated.

10. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Nova Merchant Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fair pay

Flexible schedules

Rapid Growth

Promotion to management within 6 months

Management training program is excellent

Cons

Outside Sales
    Some Micro managing
    Long drive times

Advice to Management

Work on the quality of leads