Novant Health "patient care" Reviews | Glassdoor

Novant Health Employee Reviews about "patient care"

Updated Oct 16, 2019

3.8
Novant Health CEO Carl Armato
Carl Armato
Pros
  • "Great benefits, management cares about their employees, 401k match(in 40 reviews)

• "Good benefits, flexible schedule, work life balance(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management expects to perform same or above prior to people leaving(in 35 reviews)

• "Management that is inept at providing resources for nursing staff, resources that would allow nursing staff to provide good patient care(in 18 reviews)

Reviews about "patient care"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Company That Put Employees First"

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Novant Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Novant Health is constantly improving patient care and employee care. They stand behind their committment to both their patients and their employees. They recognize that the patient's remarkable experience is only as good as the welfare of their employees. I am proud to be a part of a company that takes pride in taking care of thier employees. If you want to be a part of a caring team and want to make a... difference in your community; join Novant Health. Their tag line 'Making healthcare remarkable' is not just words but a way of life.

Cons

Need additional locations further south (ex. lancaster, sc, columbia, sc)

Advice to Management

Continue listening and investing in your employees.

Novant Health2019-10-16
  2. "RN Emergency Room"

I worked at Novant Health

Pros

Pay is good That is alll.

Cons

Management that is inept at providing resources for nursing staff, resources that would allow nursing staff to provide good patient care. Management is only concerned about metrics not retaining experienced staff.

Advice to Management

Value your staff, provide a caring work environment and provide resources needs to succeed.

Novant Health2019-08-05

"Excellent Company to Work for!"

Former Employee - Medical Scribe

I worked at Novant Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed every aspect of working for Novant Health. I know experiences differ from office to office, but my office was extremely welcoming and tight-knit. All terms of employment were clear and the hiring process was time consuming, but informative. I left my position to return to school, but would love to work at Novant again in the future should the opportunity arise.

Cons

Increasing corporate "influence" on patient care activities. It seemed nearly every week a new policy was put into place that added additional responsibilities for physicians and nursing staff. There was a constantly increasing push to over schedule providers to see more patients per day. I'm sure there was a basis for the changes, but in the business of healthcare patient experience is everything (especially in my... speciality).

Advice to Management

Before enforcing new policies, evaluate more thoroughly how patient care will be affected.

Novant Health2019-04-08

"CPHT 3"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Novant Health full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

We provide great patient care.

Cons

Pay for pharmacy technicians in medical group should be the same as pay at the hospital.

Advice to Management

Look into an equal pay scale.

Novant Health2018-08-06
  5. "Technical Assistant"

Current Employee - Technical Assistant in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Novant Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can schedule your hours for the most part.

Cons

For the Novant location in PWC, they don't hire within, or you have to be on some ones very good butt kissing side in order for you to transfer with in another unit. They don't have enough tech to patient ratio. Too many patients to 1 tech, cause decrease in proper patient care.

Novant Health2018-03-26

"Clinical Pharmacist Specialist"

Former Employee - Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Novant Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Large System in Great Growth Region

Cons

Management Heavy . Aloof Management. Clique-ish. Arrogance equals Knowledge at Novant. This is no place for Humble. They don't walk their diversity talk. They expect true lockstep thoughts/respect of managegment. Its a cult of management type of experience disguised as patient care

Advice to Management

turn your structure on its head

Novant Health2017-07-13

"They fail to practice what they preach"

Manager Physician Office III in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Novant Health for more than 8 years

Pros

Decent benefits Some decent coworkers Great Charlotte area discounts

Cons

Management has the attitude of a school yard bully Physicians are constant complainers who are lazy and aren't committed to patient care Absolutely no work life balance Too many meetings about nothing Bonus structure is unattainable Senior management is full of liars and narcissists

Advice to Management

The organization needs an overhaul If patients only knew how much that you don't care So unremarkable

Novant Health2016-08-26

"Some thoughts from an IT professional"

IT Support Analyst in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Novant Health for more than a year

Pros

In my experience, Novant does well to thrive in the very complex and dynamic industry that healthcare is. They offer competitive wages for comparable jobs else where. I am pleased with the available benefits including good insurance, 5 weeks of PTO a year, tuition reimbursement and in most cases yearly market increases at 2.5 - 3%. While advancement paths can be challenging to locate they are their and... obtainable. Novant is driven by patient care and they have grown to triple their employee base and footprint in the time that I've been employed here. They offer a challenging yet rewarding environment that has no shortage of work or complex problems that need to be addressed to maintain a high level of patient care.

Cons

All work places have stress! After reading through several other comments i'll try to stay away from the more trivial things that occur at any job. I can fairly say that i work with a lot of amazing and top notch people that are eager to solve any problem, but also with some who are far from ideal as either an employee or IT representative. All it takes is the change in legislation or health care reimbursement to... send A large health care entity in a completely new direction to adjust and keep 30k people employed. Novant presents many stressful and urgent stressful situations in the interest of patient care which require immediate action from many teams, including IT. I've observed several instances a large knowledge/Skill set gap between senior strategic leaders and the more tactical middle mangers which causes a lack in communication, implementations being handled improperly, and unnecessary increased support for the lifetime of the product. Time management between projects, rounding, and trouble tickets can prove to be challenging with limited staff. Training is almost exclusively all on the job and can also be slow due to limited staff and their busy daily workload. Interdepartmental communication for IT can be greatly improved although i'm sure it's difficult with such a large organization.

Advice to Management

Lead by example to best serve your employees. There is no quicker way to build trust and understanding.

Novant Health2016-06-11

"LPN"

Licensed Practical Nurse in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Novant Health

Pros

The pay was nice and we were made to feel more organized and professional just because we were now a part of a larger company. There was also more access to continuing education.

Cons

The focus was brainwashing the staff to adopt the Novant culture and language. The company took over the hospital I worked at and changed everything quickly. They got rid of very experienced and caring nurses all LPN's and replaced them within inexperienced RN's. This took away the home town loving culture we knew and made us feel like like robots and "just another nurse". All the LPN's lost their jobs 1 by 1.... Novant wanted to us to say the word "Remarkable" but the patient care was not always that remarkable. Before the lay off's we worked short handed and the politics was unbearable. None of the higher ups offered to speak to the staff that had worked there for years.

Advice to Management

place caring people in nursing position we are more then a title RN or LPN but we should have a beside manner and analytical skills to make high pressure decisions. Also hire management that doesn't mind working on the nursing floor.

Novant Health2016-06-15
  10. "Nursing"

Staff RN in Haymarket, VA

I worked at Novant Health

Pros

There are none I can think of

Cons

Terrible management More focused on costs than patient care

Novant Health2016-04-02