Novations Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Novations Group Reviews

2.9
Michael C. Hyter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "An amazing place to grow..."

Current Employee - Design Assistant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Design Assistant in Boston, MA

Pros

The atmosphere at Novations Group is focused with a very business-minded attitude but that doesn't stop the company from having fun. The people are great to work with and for and the work is steady!

Cons

They pay could be a little better but in the time that we are in I am receiving average pay for my experience. I enjoy the flexibility of the workplace and the professionalism of everyone but sometimes it can be a little overwhelming.

Advice to Management

You guys are all awesome. Everyone appreciates the straightforwardness of the leadership and execitive team here including me! I know that when I show up to work I'll got hoset and productive feedback!

2. "A company with Senior Executive with no Executive abilities and experience"

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Boston, MA

Pros

If you are at the end of your career or right out of college, this may be a good first job or final stop in your career.

Cons

If you are a successful professional, do not come here. It will be frustrating, it cause you to suffer from career stagnation and you will be undercompensated

Advice to Management

Replace your Senior Team
    Be inclusive and fair to all employees, not just a select few
    Price yourself competitively

3. "It's alright, but limited."

Former Employee - Senior Acct Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Acct Executive in New York, NY

Pros

Nice people, local management good at providing feedback. Socially, I enjoyed working with my colleagues. Professionally, I was challenged to stretch my capabilities. Also appreciated that when they hired me, they took a bit of risk, as I had little practical experience doing what they hired me for.

Cons

Pay is low, and that's frustrating. More frustrating was that within my division, people were promoted based on seniority and friendships with management-- it meant I would have forever been stuck behind a number of people I didn't find very competent. That may have resolved itself with some internal transfers. More broadly, the sharing of company news was always spun to sound better than it really was. I never had the sense that they were leveling with me about the company's challenges, nor how I could contribute to making a difference.

Advice to Management

Encourage and strategize ways to empower employees at all levels to recognize and improve their contribution to the growth of the company.

4. "Skip this place"

Pros

People are what makes this company survive. Incredible pool of talent who are passionate about what they do. Company employs the best trainers in the industry.

Cons

Leadership is non-existent. Sr. Management should review Strategy 101 concepts that are taught in colleges. Few people or so rule the company and make business decisions without using any market research or truly listening to the customer needs.

Advice to Management

Start practicing what you preach. Position your own employees for success. Promote them for achieving results and goals that you set and compensate fairly.