Novetta Senior Computer Scientist Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

"Senior Computer Scientist"

Former Employee - Senior Computer Scientist in Washington, DC

I worked at Novetta full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I worked for Novetta for almost 10 years. Any downside was related to the challenges of working with the US gov. Issues that are mostly out of Novetta's control. I don't work at Novetta anymore, but would consider returning for sure. The CEO Tiffany Gates is really down to earth and super cool to talk to.

Cons

None. As I wrote above, any frustration I had was more related to the issues of working on federal government contracts. Federal employees are often rotated in and out which makes it very difficult because one fed manager "gets it" and will move all obstacles out of the way to help the project be successful and the next manager will spend all of her time telling us what shoe colors and shoe materials are allowed or not. No joke. Big Data project and all she wanted to talk about was appropriate shoe choices.

Novetta2018-08-06

"best in DC"

Current Employee - Senior Computer Scientist in Washington, DC

I have been working at Novetta full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

many co-workers are wicked smart.

Cons

government work --> cubicle life.

Advice to Management

use training to grow company into new markets

Novetta2016-05-17

"Great place to work"

Senior Computer Scientist

I have been working at Novetta

Pros

Best benefits. Gives any resource you need to be successful. Great culture. If you have initiative, care about mission, are technically competent and are self directed this is the place to be. Good team work everyone seems to be open and honest about strengths' and weaknesses and will play off each other. One of mine if you did not guess after that last sentence is grammar and punctuation.

Cons

Most days working here seem surreal. After my last employment involving a company that was all around shady and had an in-crowd with a monopoly on so called good ideas, this place seems to good to be true. If you are not a self starter you may be left alone just long enough to prove that you are in need of a baby sitter and you may not last.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you doing.

Novetta2016-04-05