NovoEd Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Edward Miller
  1. "Generally great"

I have been working at NovoEd full-time for more than a year

Pros

- lots of challenges for engineers - ownership - everyone is stakeholder - small team with lots of output

Cons

- doing a lot in a short period - still in start-up mode - heads down

NovoEd2019-04-18
  2. "Great place to intern!"

Current Employee - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at NovoEd for less than a year

Pros

-Mentorship -People -Learning opportunities -Opportunities to build relationships with other employees

Cons

None that I can think of...

NovoEd2019-07-01
  3. "Kind and generous leadership, lots of autonomy"

I worked at NovoEd full-time

Pros

Warm, generous company culture, spearheaded by the company's CTO/co-founder. Employees are given lots of autonomy, have opportunities to take on real responsibilities, and are generally treated with respect.

Cons

Very little commitment to professional development, which is ironic considering that this is primarily what NovoEd customers use the platform for. Salary is not generally competitive.

Advice to Management

Be serious about investing in your employees. Provide supportive opportunities for professional development, and make it clear that you are investing in their growth, both fiscally and in terms of training.

NovoEd2019-05-17
  4. "Dun summer!"

I worked at NovoEd

Pros

People were very nice, and management appreciated the employees

Cons

Growing pains - too much work for too little people

NovoEd2018-10-16
  5. "Wonderful place, had a great experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at NovoEd full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Great people, great culture, very collaborative and friendly * Strong product offering, team is great at problem solving and working together * Located in heart of San Francisco, beautiful office * Strong compensation, benefits, and perks * Interesting problems to solve in the corporate learning and professional education markets

Cons

No major cons, this is a great company and an even better team.

NovoEd2017-10-27
  6. "Great Culture, Impactful Work"

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern

I worked at NovoEd

Pros

As an intern, I got a lot of meaningful and impactful projects that I could choose from with the team. Lots of independence, and also support when you need it. Small enough that I could learn a lot about the EdTech and startup world and know everyone in the company. Friendly work culture, understanding people, good work-life balance.

Cons

As a fast-moving startup, deadlines can be important. Weren't unreasonable, but something to be aware of at any startup I feel.

NovoEd2015-11-01
  7. "Software Engineering Intern"

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at NovoEd

Pros

Working at NovoEd was great. I was treated as a regular employee and worked on the product directly (wasn't just shipped off to do a side project). Learned a lot of new and cool things along the way.

Cons

Lack of an intern program, but that is understandable since NovoEd is a startup.

NovoEd2015-10-14

"A start-up on the rise"

I have been working at NovoEd full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team, great benefits, great projects, great location, and working here feels like being on the right side of progress in the EdTech world.

Cons

Wearing many hats, but that's the start-up life I guess. For some, it may be tough to handle the large responsibilities and autonomy you receive without ongoing guidance.

Advice to Management

Continue to seek out great business opportunities and ensure your employees stay connected as a team as the staff continues to grow in size.

NovoEd2015-09-03
  9. "Great culture, great team"

I have been working at NovoEd

Pros

I enjoy the mission, the passion, and the culture of the team. The team is very collaborative and enjoys solving challenges together. The company also takes great care of its employees. Educational technology is a very exciting industry to be in right now and I'm very excited for the new opportunities ahead.

Cons

Working at a startup can be challenging because of the long hours and the "all hands on deck" attitude. However this has its positives since it can provide opportunities to learn new skills or collaborate on new assignments.

Advice to Management

I strongly suggest we do employee performance reviews and manager effective evaluations. This would allow for greater transparency within the organization, which is needed.

NovoEd2015-07-24

"Tons of Autonomy, Lots of Opportunity to Make Big Impact"

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at NovoEd full-time

Pros

I have worked for a few start-ups now, and I've been really impressed by the high level of autonomy given to employees at NovoEd. When you own a project, you actually own it. And it's exciting to be able to grow initiatives from idea to implementation. We are regularly encouraged to challenge the norm, and continuously innovate. What I appreciate the most is that the team is comprised of very educated-minded individuals,...

Cons

Like most startups, we are pulled in many different directions by our funders, partners, and clients. Recently, we have become better (and smarter) about taking on new initiatives.

NovoEd2015-07-10