Novotus Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Cory Kruse

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Love this company, culture and people!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Novotus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Every company has their pros and cons, but this was the first time I worked for a company that would actually consider the impact of their employees while making business decisions. Business is important, but it didn't always come as the ONLY priority. From the pizza cook offs and team costume contests to the random parking lot BBQ's just to say "Thank you"... Novotus had a unique way of showing they wanted us to succeed but have fun while doing it!

Cons

As they scale up, it can be difficult to keep the culture you had when you were 20 people, after you have grown to 100 people. But any company that truly wants to grow will ask their employees the tuff questions. They will learn from them and make adjustments. If you don't, it will hurt you in the end. (Something I learned while working for the #1 employer in the world, which I couldn't have gotten here without my leadership at Novotus.)

Advice to Management

Treat each employee as if they are equally valuable while motivating them to get to the top. "Politics" will kill your culture.

"Fantastic Work Environment"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Novotus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Novotus is a highly engaged employer, providing unlimited resources and tools for Recruiters. I have compared my "education" with Novotus, as equal to my college experience, as training and leveraging talent, is very valued here. The opportunity to work across multiple accounts, and learn from failures as well as successes, in a truly positive environment is priceless. The culture is phenomenal; from the monthly breakfasts (where not only are you given breakfast, but sometimes gift cards and more, all SERVED to you by your Senior Leadership Team), to the holiday parties, and having team mates, not just management, review your work, is priceless, as sometimes management is just not there on a day to day basis to make that call. The Senior Leadership Team at Novotus is outstanding, and truly people you can trust and count on to have an open door policy, and are trustworthy, with even very sensitive information. This is a company FULL of good people, who work hard, and play hard! I am by no means a manager at Novotus, and want to add that you cannot judge a Glassdoor review by ex-employees, who may have left under less than perfect conditions. What I want to emphasize, is that "not every job is a good job, but THIS is a GREAT job", if you are willing to put in the work and passion for what you do. I have been here for 4+ years, and still highly recommend Novotus, to anyone, who is willing to work hard, and play hard! Work-life balance here is INCREDIBLE, they encourage you to take care of not only yourself, but your family.

Cons

Sometimes communication brought down the "chain of command", can feel uncomfortable here, but it is only because we are small in size, not small in morals.

Advice to Management

I don't offer advice to management, I offer praise. With a company our size, you cannot always control rumors or gossip, but you do a great job of making us all feel valued!

"Small Company with Big Ambitions that Live up to their Goals!"

Former Employee - Recruiting Team Lead in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiting Team Lead in Austin, TX

I worked at Novotus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Novotus overall is a structured environment that will mold you into a strategic thinker and deliverer. Training at Novotus is very unique and you will gain experience there that will set you apart from any future co-workers. There is great opportunity at Novotus if you go there willing to learn and grow. Leadership takes pride in "growing their own" and truly celebrates their Recruiters. Leadership will not only talk the talk but walk the walk. They put their employees above themselves and will show you by working to elevate your career and serve you in any way they can. Literally they will serve you your Thanksgiving meals provided at the office and deliver your Friday morning breakfast just to be sure they thank you for your hard work. This company has a heart and that is so rare to find today.

Cons

Metrics can sometimes trip up delivery. The focus of delivery sometimes will be on numbers vs quality and relationship to the customer.

Advice to Management

Keep the main thing the main thing ;) The foundation in which Novotus was built on is why it is successful and wonderful today. Never lose sight of the real reason we all love this job.

4. "Great Company."

Current Employee - Rec
    Current Employee - Rec

Pros

Very progressive and steadily growing.... Love the training and the atmosphere...

Cons

Benefits could be a little better.

Advice to Management

Great job..

5. "Opportunity to grow quickly if you are willing to put in the work!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Novotus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The experience of the management team here is incredible. If you are willing to put in the work beyond just showing up to the office, there are many opportunities on many different accounts. The tools available are the best in the business. The dedication to the clients is amazing and I have had a chance to build solid relationships with many of my hiring managers. The reputation of the company is great and the culture here is what you make of it. We have several company events and the management and teams do the best they can to make sure it is a good team environment. This is a place that you can learn alot and grow your career quickly.

Cons

Fast growth requires very hard work at times. The workload can be high at times but if you leverage the team and tools it make it very productive and rewarding. Also, there may be some folks who take advantage of a more flexible work schedule while most of us are hard at it. As a smaller company, we may not have all the resources that a larger company may have like a training department, etc. Also, the growth has at times forced the management to promote people that may not be fully equipped to manage a team.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and work on developing managers/leaders while continuing to service the customer the way we do.

6. "Just do it right, period!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Novotus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family type atmosphere, monthly team building events, CEO and President interact with employees. HR Director and team are always very helpful, set each employee up for success!
    NO layers, each Recruiter can have direct access to their Clients/HMs. More tools and systems than most fortune 500 Recruiter Firms. Hard work is definitely recognized.

Cons

Still thinking....still pondering....nothing, nope nothing.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Review of Novotus"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at Novotus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

I don't have any cons

"Great Family Feel"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

Pros

Novotus has an awesome small company/family feel. Great environment, Smiles and laughing all around.

Ping Pong, always great food in the office + Breakfast Fridays!
    The Company events are always a blast.

Cons

I don't have anything to complain about Novotus directly, There will always be rotten tomatoes in every work place. The only way not to like Novotus would be to not let the company build around you.

9. "Fantastic place to work!"

I worked at Novotus full-time

Pros

Tight-knit, family oriented and collaborative environment
    Strong company culture
    Hands off management style

Cons

Difficult to move up
    High turn-over

Advice to Management

Overall a wonderful place to work, particularly for anyone starting out in the recruiting industry.

10. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Novotus full-time

Pros

- Great work/life balance - opportunity to work remotely if needed.
    - Cool people, laid back culture and fun environment
    - Monthly breakfast Fridays and lunches
    - Management open to suggestions
    - Opportunities for advancement and promotions

Cons

- Benefits could be better
    - Small Austin presence

Advice to Management

N/A