Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Chris Chamberlain

1. "Phlebotomist"

Current Employee - Phlebotimst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Phlebotimst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great flexible schedule to pursue other interests.

Cons

The pay could be better.

"Medical assistant"

Former Employee - Screening Tech in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Screening Tech in Houston, TX

I worked at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sometimes there are down times that you can catch up work. Only works if you're full time.

Cons

Management-All of your business becomes talk of Novum! Everybody knows your business! Very unprofessional atmosphere! People covering for others that should be disciplined. The place is just a cesspool of negativity, jealousy, and people willing to throw you under the bus to cover their own backside!

Advice to Management

CLEAN HOUSE! Put people that really have ETHICS, MORALS,STANDARDS, PROFESSIONALISM! Especially in the Screening Dept!

"Part time hours not guaranteed"

Current Employee - Clinical Research Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Clinical Research Associate in Houston, TX

Pros

Easy work, not to stressful usually. Met some great co workers, good if you just want to work every once in awhile! Great for retired people

Cons

Inconsistent hours, would have two weeks without any scheduled hours especially around holidays, some management and staff unprofessional at times with gossip and bad mouthing other employees. Expecting staff to be available at the drop of a pin.. Inconsiderate about its staff's home life not having schedules out in a timely manner.. Employees calling off to often special treatment to staff management is found with.

Advice to Management

Treat employees the same, hire consistent staff hire a fulltime employee for every shift and schedules need to put out in a more consistent fashion.. Not appropriate for management to bad mouth their employees especially around other staff...

"Who on Earth is giving Novum 5 stars?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Instead of paying a living wage, they'll give you about a million days of PTO. And though you'll feel everyone around you is a first grader, you'll leave Novum with a bounty of hilarious memories.

Cons

Do you love having ignorant or downright obtuse managers? Do you love hearing people talk crap about each other in the halls? Do you enjoy being denied promotions that you're perfectly qualified for? Yes? Then Novum Pharmaceutical Research is the place for you! You'll suffer from stupid management decisions that change every day, being grossly underpaid, and if you're lucky, your food might even be stolen from the fridge.

Advice to Management

Weed out the bad apples, including your fellow managers! You know very well who destroys employee morale. Stop ignoring it.

"Not a place to work for real professionals"

Former Employee - Senior Research Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Research Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

No pros cant even say that the pay compensates for the lack of structure at this company

Cons

If you want to work in a clinical setting and county jail type setting then this is the place for you. 99.99 percent of the test subjects are either on probation parole or on the run. The staff is just as ghetto as the subjects.

Advice to Management

Instead of Firing all the good workers to promote yourself

"Research Associate"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Fargo, ND

I have been working at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, great co-workers, a lot of support while training. Staff is cross trained so there are many learning opportunities.

Cons

The training can be unstructured.

"Study Manager"

Current Employee - Study Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Study Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule and they have a 401 K- it sucks but they do have one.

Cons

Absolutely no upper management that knows how to run a company- except into the ground. HR is horrific and cannot help you with any problems what so ever; they are only interested in hiring their friends. When you have a problem there is no one to turn to that can help you.

Advice to Management

Can't help a sinking ship...........

9. "Great place to work !!"

Former Employee - Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Manager in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Great company to work!! Senior management is always available to you for anything you might need.
    There are plenty of opportunities for growth within the company, if you are willing to put in the time and effort. Staff all works well together, great work family atmosphere. If you are looking for a job in Pharmaceutical research, this a great place to work. They will teach you everything you will need to know to succeed in the industry.

Cons

No cons at this time

Advice to Management

Keep up the work !!

10. "Novum is great for Growth, Learning experience and Oppurtunity"

Former Employee - Data Entry Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Data Entry Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services full-time

Pros

I started at Novum as a temp...I was there over 10 years. In that time, I saw a lot of people come and go, but I heard the former owner Dr Hendy, set things up that way give people experience and move on if they wanted to. There are departments where you can move up, but like all other jobs, there may not be advancement for everyone, but some people prefer to stay where they at. I saw a lot of changes during my time there, most for the better, in my opinion. There are some great people that I worked with....they were my work family and they will all be missed. Flex time is great, ability to work form home certain positions is great and the benefits are a plus also.

Cons

Only think I can think of is some companies may pay a little more

"Clinical Research Associate"

Former Employee - CRA in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - CRA in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

I found some of the reviews regarding use of technology to be outdated. As a CRA, I received an iPhone, lap top and company credit card. I liked all of the people I worked with including the CRA Trainer, the Project Managers, my own manager and other CRAs. The new office is very nice. I was not there very long only because a local job opportunity arose that I could not pass up, but it seems like there is room for advancement and that it is a pleasant place to work. Overall, I was happy at Novum and would have stayed much longer had the unexpected opportunity not arose.

Cons

Like any other CRA job, the work load is high. If you can manage it, the perks are very nice with travelling. The per diem rates for food are very low and do not vary according to region. The employees pay the company credit card balance and are then reimbursed. It's a lot to track.

Advice to Management

Raise per diem reimbursement rates. Have the credit cards paid directly by the company and not be the responsibility of the CRA. It's too much to track on top of he work load and is too time consuming.