Nu Look Home Design Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2020

4.3
Nu Look Home Design CEO Patrick Fingles
Patrick Fingles
Pros
  • "Nu Look promotes from within which is treasured in any company but they don’t limit to this(in 28 reviews)

• "Company focuses on core principles that inspire a healthy, competitive yet collaborative work environment(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons to working here(in 7 reviews)

• "There are no "cons" to working at Nu Look Home Design(in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company to work for and upward mobility"

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Nu Look Home Design full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary, hours, flexibility, upward mobility, knowledge gained, good working atmosphere, kind upper management, benefits.

Cons

If I had to say something I would say communication for new employees could be better. The gas stipend could also be higher for sales representatives.

Advice to Management

Nothing comes to mind. I like the way management runs company.

Nu Look Home Design2019-04-10
  2. "Really? You’re still looking?"

Current Employee - Home Improvement Consultant in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Nu Look Home Design full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have worked for other home improvement companies. By far the best. It requires you to be the best every time you’re in house: because the standards are high for performance you get paid better than other companies. Much better. The leadership team is the best all around. I have grown more than ever here than any other place I’ve worked. I cannot imagine another place to work. The culture is non toxic. People genuinely care for your needs professionally and personally.

Cons

Since you have to be on your A game you have to keep up. This is not a B game team. They will work with you but if you’re not cutting it be ready to exercise your skills a lot to bring it up to par. It’s not really a con, it’s more of a caution. You will work hard and make money. It you have to be ready to put in the work and listen to your coaches.

Advice to Management

Continue to create a healthy culture that people will regret leaving and want to come Back to when they make the choice (mistake) to leave.

Nu Look Home Design2019-07-22
  3. "Good experience with a potential climb"

Former Employee - Entry Level Sales Representative in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Nu Look Home Design full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment! The company will try it's best to help you succeed. Lots of great and fun individuals! It helps you learn and acquire important generalizable skills (taking rejection, practicing speaking/presentation, tenacity). Also there is a clear path to promotion and many of the exes started from this position. Also benefits kick in after 3 months.

Cons

Even if you're performing to their metrics the money is not very good. You can likely make more money being a full time waiter at a decent restaurant. They will claim their reward structure is the best in the business. That seems extremely unlikely.

Advice to Management

Fix your script! There are some very terrible lines in there that make no sense. "Hypothetically if you didn't know your cousin in the business" is in no way an intelligent response and doesn't "isolating the objection". It's just a patronizing line. Also a lot of the paragraph responses should be condensed to be more impactful. People don't care to hear preplanned paragraph responses. They respond to quick snappy answers.

Nu Look Home Design2020-01-10
  4. "Meh"

Former Employee - Field Canvasser in Columbia, MD

I worked at Nu Look Home Design full-time for more than a year

Pros

Comraderie is nice, built friendships that have lasted because you grind together through the crap

Cons

Long hours, degrading job having doors slammed in your face or threatened. No joke, I had 3 shotguns pulled on me.

Advice to Management

Up the comission for your canvassers, or guarantee minimum pay.

Nu Look Home Design2019-09-28
  5. "Would not recommend to anyone"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Nu Look Home Design full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Only pro of being in sales at Nu Look is that your only job is to sell.

Cons

Worst management of any company I have ever worked for. Nearly everyone I worked along side in the years I worked here left the company. Everyone was told we would get paid our commissions as originally agreed upon (which is legally required) yet they only paid once you began to pursue legal action. This is a revolving door for employees, the owners/management do not care about you. The only concern is that they are making money.

Nu Look Home Design2019-09-02
  6. "This is THE PLACE TO BE!"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Nu Look Home Design full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Positive, energetic environment! Sleek, modern workplace. Intelligent, considerate coworkers. Sales training is thoroughly detailed allowing you to feel confident to enter the field with imminent success on the horizon...Cheers Mr. Castrilli! Well thought out procedures coupled with in-depth roll play create a strong structural understanding of the service-to-sale process. Company focuses on core principles that inspire a healthy, competitive yet collaborative work environment.

Cons

6 day work week can be a lot but understandingly a path to financial prosperity. “Go Getter” mindset a must. The management IS open to schedule adjustments if provided advanced notice. Definitely an environment for those that enjoy working hard.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! It not only works, it works WELL!

Nu Look Home Design2019-07-19
  7. "Friendly environment, where everyone is set on doing and getting better."

I have been working at Nu Look Home Design

Pros

Everyone is cool and laid back, yet professional and hardworking. Good training and good communication between higher and lower levels.

Cons

Must be determined and have your mind set on making money.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing! It’s a great experience so far, and a good mix of professionalism and hardworking people. With a fun environment.

Nu Look Home Design2019-07-18
  8. "A place that has a family feel, but operates like tech giant!"

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Nu Look Home Design full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Being able to work with A team individuals -People who genuinely care about work/life balance - Having access to staff and higher level personnel that take the time to consider possible improvements -Being given plenty of time to manage my workload and not feel overwhelmed

Cons

Can't think of any cons personally on the accounting side of operations.

Advice to Management

Keep it up with the feedback and positive affirmation as that stuff really helps and maintains a clear line of communication about your role and where you stand, whether for improving or for how well someone is doing.

Nu Look Home Design2019-07-18
  9. "Great company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Columbia, MD

I worked at Nu Look Home Design full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome work atmosphere and great people working there. One of the best places i have worked at!

Cons

Now the only problem with this company, when i was there, was the call center. The call center was the only reason i left and also why many people left the company. The other part of the company like the sales side was beyond great!!! The management for the call center was one of the absolute worst managements i have come across! They pay was cut like in half and i was somewhat promised a pay of 50k/yr and when i got my paycheck it was like 22k/yr. The answer to my question how i was supposed to make that was an absolutely absurd amount of leads per day i needed to make. To the degree when i talked to seasoned call center agents (20yr+ of experience) they just shook their heads in disbelief... So yea i am sad i missed out to move to the sales department. IT was GREAT! The call center was the killer. Sad to see that happen.

Advice to Management

Look over the managers and compensate hardworking employees well.

Nu Look Home Design2019-07-10
  10. "Great people, terrible job."

Current Employee - Canvasser in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Nu Look Home Design full-time for less than a year

Pros

People, Wawa runs, the ride

Cons

canvassing, people shutting doors on you

Advice to Management

more responsibility.

Nu Look Home Design2019-06-17