Nu Skin Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Ritch Wood

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • they have good benefits, free products (in 21 reviews)

• Great benefits and bonuses through out the year (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes like any call center, rude people call (in 20 reviews)

• Although the call center has some quick turn-over it is hard to move up (in 6 reviews)

1. "product sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

I worked at Nu Skin part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make your own hours, great products to sell, no sign up fee

Cons

Getting the word out about the products

2. "Latin America Sales Representative"

I worked at Nu Skin part-time

Pros

Great perks, awesome people to work with, you get to do homework while working, improve your spanish, get to talk to lots of people!

Cons

it is had to change your shift, and it is not very flexible. you work 25 hours per week whether you want to or not, so it can be hard during finals.

3. "Sales Support"

I have been working at Nu Skin full-time

Pros

Excellent environment, friendly, and very positive.

Cons

Underpaid, they let their distributors walk all over you, and they give the worst raises I have ever seen.

Advice to Management

They honestly do the best they can do. The problems lie mostly with their bosses and the people up near the top.

4. "Cook"

I worked at Nu Skin part-time

Pros

Treated employees with respect.

Great Christmas party.

Cons

Some of the distributors were disrespectful.

"All Talk, No Walk"

I worked at Nu Skin full-time

Pros

Decent benefits, mostly nice people, interesting work, various perks, and covered parking for the most part. There’s also a cafeteria that makes half decent food for a half decent price.

Cons

Old company with old rules and little to no innovation. Management talks a big game but in the end the direction has just been to work harder with no incentive to do so. Perks are often eroded by the old players who don’t like people to enjoy their jobs.

Advice to Management

Cut the dead weight. Employees should rate their managers, not the other way around. Be careful about those managers or directors who don’t care about those underneath them.

6. "Thoroughly enjoyed working for this company"

Former Employee - Service Desk in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Service Desk in Provo, UT

I worked at Nu Skin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Little surprise they were rated best company to work for in Utah 5 years running.

Cons

None that I can think of

7. "Biased workplace with tyrannical leadership"

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Provo, UT

I worked at Nu Skin part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ok pay for Provo. And you get to sample all the products which isn’t saying much. Other than that don’t sell out to this company.

Cons

I worked at the Nu skin call center speaking Cantonese selling overpriced cosmetic products. In the interview process I told management that I was already planning a 2 week trip home for Christmas to visit my family that I rarely get to see. They said this was no problem and to tell HR once I was hired. I also let them know on my application that I could not work my shift until after 3pm since that’s when I got out of class. During the 3 week training I let HR know about my Christmas holiday, and they said I couldn’t have the time off since they had just changed their policies (without sending out a company notice). I had already paid for a flight and they said with my accrued time off since I just started, I could only have 3 days off. Mind you this is PROVO...I have this job to put me through school. This is not a full time job. I grudgingly agreed since I needed this job.

After working the phones for 3 weeks, HR called me into their office. A disgruntled female middle manager told me on the spot I was being let go because I requested vacation (how dare I) and that they didn’t appreciate my attitude. She was rude and accusatory when I had broken no rules and had been a model employee (always showed up early, had high sales, etc). They were also cited that I was lying about the PTO (that I was promised) and was viewed as having a poor attitude so they didn’t want me working there (direct quote). When I expressed that I hadn’t done anything wrong, they seemed to think I should give sympathy by saying “we passed up 10 other candidates to hire you, and now we have to start all over again”. WOW.

To boot, during training nu skin routinely asked us to exaggerate or flat out lie about the products they sell that proclaim to turn back age. Most of the customers are oversees so they unfortunately don’t know better.

This truly is a crooked company based on multi marketing principles. You can do better than working at some call center that treats you like crap while you’re trying to get an education. In n out even pays more than this and would be more democratic as a place of part time work I’m sure.

8. "Inventory Clerk"

Current Employee - Inventory Clerk in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Inventory Clerk in Provo, UT

I have been working at Nu Skin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall company culture, no micromangement.

Cons

Doesn't apply to the distribution center/warehouse. Current warehouse has been bought out by another logistics company.

Advice to Management

Align the company's goals/culture and hire better people for the warehouse.

"Distributor Compliance Representative"

I worked at Nu Skin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relax work culture and environment; flexible work hour if you need to commute.

Cons

Other than the call center where work is stressful and a lot of monitoring, all other departments are very comfortable to work in.

10. "Such a fun and satisfying job!"

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Provo, UT

I have been working at Nu Skin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits (free products, time off policy, and other coverages), incredible work environment, and wonderful people.

Cons

Salary is lower than market value of position.