NuCO2 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Gerald Miller

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"A good place to work. Some small changes could make a huge difference."

Current Employee - Route Driver in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Route Driver in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at NuCO2 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

4 day work week. Good benefits and starting wage. Able to work independently - minimal supervision/good manager.

Cons

Having to place four cones around the vehicle and chock tires at each stop ; truck speed limited to 63 mph. No real opportunities for advancement. The tech has been here for 14 years and we just hired a new manager in January.

Advice to Management

Remove the cones and chock requirement at each stop. I understand the desire to improve safety, but this is not the way to do it. Limiting the truck speed to 63MPH is dangerous - not able to keep up with freeway traffic.

2. "Csr"

Former Employee - Csr1 in Stuart, FL
    Former Employee - Csr1 in Stuart, FL

I worked at NuCO2 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They treat you like family and give you as many opportunities as they can. They want to see you succeed. They pay well, alsothey have employees that have been there some over 20 years and that says a lot about a company!Also, great people to work with on the flor!

Cons

Most of the time for newbies there are no consecutive days off

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing because the last time I was there, you were doing great!

"driver"

Current Employee - Driver in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Driver in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at NuCO2 full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with nuco2 from the start going on 20 years,, Its had its up and downs over the years.. But in the last 5 or so years they have gone down hill and fast. As if they have lost who we really once were. If was not for the customers and have gotten to know over the years and the love for the job I would be gone. We have lost sum really great people in the last 5 years or so who have been with Nuco2 10 + years or more, Who you just cant replace the ones coming in now are out for themselves. Its Hard and heart braking too see a once great company like this turn to nothing and People Fighting Over The Table Scraps of what was a great company

Cons

if you know let me know???

Advice to Management

heartless and Soulless only leads too your own lonely cold darkness

"B2b sales"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at NuCO2 (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good product and lots of flexibility with in the field, fun team to work with pay is good, potential to make more if you are a grinder

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to complete with local competition because of pricing, customer service can be an issue at times

"Manager"

I have been working at NuCO2 full-time

Pros

Nothing at all, zilch. Stay away.

Cons

Since Praxair bought us out, they have wasted tons of money on programs that have failed and caused us to lose many customers. They are in financial trouble as they are asking manager to work all the overtime hours leaving no time for family while the hourly drivers are told no overtime. Steer clear of this place. It's a sinking ship. Any good reviews on here were asked by human resources to District managers and Sales to counter all the bad reviews.

Advice to Management

Let your managers be managers and not glorified truck drivers. You failed at it. NuCo2 bought you out. NuCo2 fixed it. You bought us out. It's sinking again. This used to be a fun place to work.

6. "Going down hill"

Former Employee - Driver in Lino Lakes, MN
    Former Employee - Driver in Lino Lakes, MN

I worked at NuCO2 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

4 day work week and the pay was alright. Trucks are fairly new, so very little breakdowns.

Cons

District supervisors are disconnected with their field employees. Worst company I ever worked for!

Advice to Management

Get a clue to what's really happening in the field and protect your brand by trying to keep great employees. Quit thinking that everyone is expendable.

7. "Sinking Ship"

Current Employee - Office/Administrative in Stuart, FL
    Current Employee - Office/Administrative in Stuart, FL

I have been working at NuCO2 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is good. Co-Workers are great!

Cons

Ever since Praxair purchased us things have really deteriorated. People are quitting left and right and their positions aren't being filled.

8. "Manager in Stuart, FL"

I have been working at NuCO2 full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great growth, very secure, provides opportunity for advancement, fair pay, decent benefits

Cons

Company is going through many changes, but most Companies do. Managers do work a fair amount of hours, but the rewards are there if the Company meets it's objectives.

Advice to Management

Ask employees for advice on how we can continue to improve the company

"Going downhill fast"

I have been working at NuCO2 full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is decent but not worth it.

Cons

Overworked and understaffed. Unrealistic expectations for all levels of management. 24/7,nights and weekends and holidays, cant take a day off. The turnover is unbelievable at this place. They spend all day creating new ways to get people to quit or get fired. Used to be a career, now it's just a job. The health benefits are bare minimum and you pay hundreds for them every check.

Advice to Management

Why bother, everyone knows what the problems are but no one will take the initiative to address them. Praxair has destroyed another great company.

"Supervisor"

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Memphis, TN

I have been working at NuCO2 full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some really great people to work with most of the time, as with any fast pace environment there will be some moments of tension especially when we have gaps in communication . but at the end of the day a very good place to work.

Cons

Train our CCR better, it is painfully evident al lot of the time they just go thru the motions and the people that do strive to do an exceptional job either get promoted , get burned out or just move on. They are the first line when our customers call and they are not calling to say hi or catch up on things, they need a few minutes of our undivided attention. theat them well.

Advice to Management

Kick ORTEC and all the people that sold you on this pos system to the curb. their is a reason we were so successful before ortec. PraxAir could not compete with us even with all their money. Remember we were the people that bought up all of YOUR bulk customers when you could not compete with us. we knew what we were doing a lot of us still do. give us the tools and resources we need and let do our jobs. I think you will be impressed.