NuStar Energy Reviews
80% would recommend to a friend
(106 total reviews)
94% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "timeless job good salary better standard" (in 4 reviews)
- "Middle management can be difficult to work for." (in 4 reviews)
- "Stock options are a perk for upper management." (in 3 reviews)
- "The higher up mgmt (and board of directors) seem to only care about their paycheck, 401K and pension." (in 2 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of NuStar Energy and is not affected by filters.
Found 106 of over 134 reviews
Updated Nov 3, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Oct 4, 2023ManagementFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsElk Grove, CA
They take care of their employees.
They run lean. Have high expectations. Not really a con if you go in with eyes open.
- 1.0Aug 21, 2023OperatorFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsLinden, NJ
there are none... liars, poor management,
everything about this company. tout themselves as 100 best company to work for far from that. HR and management is a joke. managers lie to get you fired if you dont play by their specific rules even if it means breaking company instilled rules. contacting hr about things wrong are overlooked and pushed aside . stay away . horrible company
- 5.0Aug 30, 2023Environmental SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Antonio, TX
Benefits Company culture Autonomy Stability
Can be stressful No lay off policy comes at a price- lots of work on one person
- 4.0Aug 8, 2023SCADA AnalystFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSan Antonio, TX
Decent benefits, great people, good work/life balance.
Employee development/defined career path. Limited opportunities to excel
- 2.0Aug 1, 2023Terminal OperatorFormer EmployeeWichita, KS
Benefits, Benefits, Benefits, Benefits, Benefits
Management, Communication, Finger Pointing away from management
- 4.0Dec 22, 2022Lead Environmental SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 3 years
All benefits are great and inexpensive. Good company culture. Pay is very good.
Middle management can be difficult to work for. Paid time off could better. "Good ole boy" network is still in place.
NuStar Energy Reviews FAQs
NuStar Energy has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 134 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at NuStar Energy to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.
80% of NuStar Energy employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated NuStar Energy 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.