NuVasive Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
NuVasive Chairman and Interim Chief Executive Officer Greg Lucier
Greg Lucier

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • free snacks, and Thirsty Thursday's (in 14 reviews)

• Great company growing fast and good team (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be challanging when working to hit deadlines for projects (in 20 reviews)

• Long hours with little value in personal time (in 13 reviews)

"Its not a bad place if you are in management"

Former Employee - Hourly in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Hourly in Columbus, OH

I worked at NuVasive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its better than being unemployed. Barely. The people you work with ON THE FLOOR are very good people and genuine to each other.

Cons

Lets see where to start... they will flat out lie to you to get you in the door. The personalities of most management is clearly fake. ( they make their six figures and believe they are better than hourly people.) The initial goal is a 40 hour work week which after the cost of family benefits doesn't leave a person much money. This place just puts off a bad vibe in general. I can go on all day but you get the idea.

Advice to Management

HOURLY EMPLOYEES ARE PEOPLE TOO!!!!!!!!!! They have families and bills as well and when you want to cut out overtime unlike you they suffer. No one likes being lied to. Treat us as you would like to be treated. JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A DEGREE IT DOESNT MAKE YOU BETTER THAN US.

"Room to grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Carrollton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Carrollton, OH

I have been working at NuVasive (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, Stress is low, Majority of people are great

Cons

HR and TA. It's all women. No men in any roles. Group think and fear run rampant in HR. It's dysfunctional at best and needs to be addressed.

Advice to Management

Revamp HR here in Ohio. Put the Human back in Human Resources. Bring in some fresh eyes that aren't in the 30-40 year old range and women. We preach diversity and transparency. HR has secrets, goes after people, and there's nothing said or done about it. It makes no sense that there's an obvious disconnect be tween them and the rest of the Ohio operation.

NuVasive Response

Oct 2, 2017 – NuVasive

We appreciate the candid feedback about your experience at NuVasive. In an effort to continually improve our culture and work environment, we would love to sit down with you over a cup of coffee... More

"Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at NuVasive full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lower and mid mgt is where the heart and soul of is of this company.

Cons

Senior leadership so far out of touch regarding the spine business. Also, could care less about the well being of employee's.

Advice to Management

Make changes to take better care of people and add more experiece to your key leadership positions. Don't surround yourself with yes men and women!

"Current employee looking for a way out"

Current Employee - Surgical Neurophysiologist in Bahama, NC
    Current Employee - Surgical Neurophysiologist in Bahama, NC

I have been working at NuVasive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team and surgeons in my territory. I love my job!

Cons

I am amazed at how poorly the acquisition of Biotronic has gone. I am frustrated on a daily basis by the decisions, lack of information sharing and disregard of employees by upper management.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to quit and go to a different company that you can run into the ground.

"Could be a great place to work....if"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at NuVasive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some great employees. Nice new facility. Lots of "amazing sounding promises"

Cons

The new facility in Dayton and 1st shift at the old building are ALL the company cares about. If you work any shift other than 1st, management will not even acknowledge you. If you are right out of college, have zero manufacturing experience, former military, or are just really good at pretending to have a clue, you will go far in Dayton. Lots of promises and grand ideas that just fade into nothing. Decisions are made on behalf of an elite few whether they benefit the majority or not. Management will not actually DO anything to resolve issues. There is NO "department" to go to with questions/concerns. You are pretty much on your own at Nuvasive.

Advice to Management

Communicate between each other and employees. Listen to people who have been working at Nuvasive and want the best for the company. Actually step up and DO something about issues that arise. Follow through with the big and little plans/promises that you keep making. Include ALL shifts and all facilities in company info and functions.

"A Cult and unethical sales practices"

Former Employee - Sales Specialist
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist

I worked at NuVasive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of technology, full pipeline, excellent engineers, amazing corporate training facilities, impressive for surgeon visits. Corporate staff is good. Lots of resources.

Cons

Very unethical sales practices. Pressure to do whatever it takes to grow numbers , even if questionable billing. Reps think they are above the hospital rules. Lack of respect for the accounts. Awful inventory problems. Mistreatment of associates. Corporate culture is fake, forced and very cult like. Not good for leaders, just those easily influenced.

Advice to Management

Clean house

"Senior Manager Review"

I worked at NuVasive full-time

Pros

Good culture and people

Cons

Terrible HR department, increasing cuts of benefits (insurance, vacation) in recent years, management focused more on bottom line, cutting costs, and stock price than employee satisfaction

8. "former Employeee"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at NuVasive as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

ok Company to work for

Cons

Management needs have a structure

"Great Products, Bad processes"

I have been working at NuVasive full-time

Pros

Incredible product and innovation. There are strong employees, who, despite the massive amounts of change still want to do the right thing and help patients by developing quality products that are the best in the business

Cons

Benefits are worse than other comparable companies. Upper management has lost its focus on culture and making this a great place to work. Instead, the focus is on implementing more processes, that don't fix the underlying problems. The focus on culture is projected externally but not felt internally. The words "focus on culture" are just that- words not backed up by action.

Advice to Management

Put an authentic focus on culture, not just via externally facing. If you want quality products, invest in those areas- give resources where they are needed.

"Good company, poor sales leadership"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at NuVasive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NuVasive offers innovative products and a great clinical experience for its customers. In addition, the sales product enablement is pretty good relative to many other companies.

Cons

Sales leadership is very disconnected from what happens at the rep level. There is this belief that territories should be "run like businesses," which sounds good in theory, except when it's taken too literally by lower level management. Local managers are very P & L focused and are uncertain how to actually deliver positive impact to their reps and physician customers.

Advice to Management

You need to become connect very closely with your reps and their customers. Competitors have leadership highly engaged with physicians and the physicians notice this, which is a negative impact to your reps.