NuVasive Reviews | Glassdoor

NuVasive Reviews

Updated October 12, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • free snacks, and Thirsty Thursday's (in 14 reviews)

• Great company growing fast and good team (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be challanging when working to hit deadlines for projects (in 19 reviews)

• Long hours with little value in personal time (in 13 reviews)

1. "Needs some TLC"

I have been working at NuVasive full-time

Pros

Great new building! Friendly employees

Cons

The New hire orientation lacks excitement. HR is nice but they need to in an area not far away from plant. They are in the back on the building. As a new hire I didn't even know where. Most buisnesses have their HR department close by. No area to talk with out everyone hearing. HR is for privacy and confidentiality. I don't feel I can go to them.

Advice to Management

You rHR depatment needs to be more TLC. Like the recruiters they are super nice/kind but to reach them is hard and to physically get to them is hard

Oct 6, 2017 – NuVasive

Thank you for your feedback on NuVasive HR. We'd like to continue improving our culture and work environment, so please reach out to people@nuvasive.com to further the conversation if you'd like!... More

"Room to grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Carrollton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Carrollton, OH

I have been working at NuVasive (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, Stress is low, Majority of people are great

Cons

HR and TA. It's all women. No men in any roles. Group think and fear run rampant in HR. It's dysfunctional at best and needs to be addressed.

Advice to Management

Revamp HR here in Ohio. Put the Human back in Human Resources. Bring in some fresh eyes that aren't in the 30-40 year old range and women. We preach diversity and transparency. HR has secrets, goes after people, and there's nothing said or done about it. It makes no sense that there's an obvious disconnect be tween them and the rest of the Ohio operation.

Oct 2, 2017 – NuVasive

We appreciate the candid feedback about your experience at NuVasive. In an effort to continually improve our culture and work environment, we would love to sit down with you over a cup of coffee... More

3. "Excellent Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

The people and culture are fantastic. NuVasive is a growing company so there are lots of opportunities to make your mark and grow as a professional.

Cons

Lots of recent changes in management

Sep 18, 2017 – NuVasive

We’re so glad that you are having a great experience- thank you for making NUVA such a great place to work!

4. "Room for Growth"

I have been working at NuVasive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company growing fast and good team. Opportunity to learn new tools and technologies. Oh I forgot free snacks :)

Cons

None. Just started so far so good.

Advice to Management

Very new here so right now I don't have any advice to management

Sep 18, 2017 – NuVasive

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're excited for you and your future with NuVasive!

"High school drama run amok"

I worked at NuVasive full-time

Pros

Free snacks. Decent PTO. If you love high school drama/politics: welcome home!

Cons

Weak and out of touch management from middle to executive levels. Favoritism/nepotism reigns. HR is a joke. No privacy. No discussion about personal career goals. Talk about growth opportunities but do not deliver. Will push you out of you do not fit their toxic culture even if your are a good worker. Turn over is high. People are fired on the spot without being given the opportunity to improve. More employees are leaving or planning to leave since HR does nothing to address it's huge problem of inappropriate and ineffective managers. No training whatsoever. Trial by fire approach to training which causes decreased productivity which is then blamed on the workers. Does not address harassment and retaliation in the workplace.

Advice to Management

Clean house. You have some great workers if you're stop believing management lies. They are incompetent and ruining your business, not the workers.

6. "1 Month In"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at NuVasive full-time

Pros

Growing company, seems to actually care about its employees. Actively listens to employees suggestions for improvement. Seems to have great potential for the future.

Cons

Clear cut organizational chart and responsibilities would be helpful. Historical knowledge and data sometimes difficult to find.

Advice to Management

Keep on the path and don't take shortcuts based on minor hurdles.

Aug 31, 2017 – NuVasive

Thank you for the feedback, and welcome to the NUVA family! If you'd like to grab a cup of coffee and discuss in person, please email people@nuvasive.com.

7. "Looking good"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at NuVasive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I haven't worked at NuVasive long, just started. Part of the draw to me was hearing such good things about the companies employees. I agree completely, as the outpouring of "let me know if I can help you" has been substantial.

Cons

None yet, I just started.

Aug 29, 2017 – NuVasive

We’re so glad that you are having a great experience so far- we're so glad you're a part of Team NUVA!

8. "Professional People and Company"

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in West Carrollton, OH
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in West Carrollton, OH

I have been working at NuVasive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Onboarding was very well organized. Especially liked the testimonies of recipients of Nuvasive implants. I also like Nuvasive's commitment to partner with Surgeon's and give care worldwide to those in need of spinal help who don't have the means. And the company is committed to grow responsibly.

Cons

I do not have any cons to share.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positives that are being promoted. Company growth. Patient safety and care. Shareholder commitment.

Aug 29, 2017 – NuVasive

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate everything you do for NUVA!

"Great, but always room for improvement"

I have been working at NuVasive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people work here! We are encouraged to share our ideas, share our failures and learn from them, etc. As an engineer your head isn't in the computer all day and at times are required to be a project manager, marketer, innovator. Great teamwork across cross-functional groups. Constantly changing business - a con for some but I think it keeps it exciting. We get to work directly with surgeons and see the fruits of our labor in the field. Great place to learn. Great overall culture.

Cons

We're expected to work startup hours and do exceptional work on "average" pay, they're slowly taking away perks (cutting costs) - yes, we're noticing it.

Advice to Management

More women in leadership, more incentive programs since salary is average, don't have enough exposure to senior management

Aug 17, 2017 – NuVasive

Thank you for sharing your experience. We would love to discuss your feedback in person if you'd like to continue the conversation. Feel free to email us at people@nuvasive.com!

"Development Engineer"

Current Employee - Development Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Development Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at NuVasive full-time

Pros

Fast growing company, full benefits, motivated and hard working team of employees, large company but still feels small, a lot of training and growth opportunities, and great coworkers.

Cons

High deducible on the health insurance, but they have Health Savings accounts to help.

Aug 9, 2017 – NuVasive