NuWave Technology Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Chad R. Paalman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fulfilling Work"

I have been working at NuWave Technology Partners full-time

Pros

Family is most important.
    Helping clients with technology is very fulfilling.

Cons

Smaller company can sometimes mean longer hours and multiple hats to wear.

Advice to Management

Set better expectations.

2. "Ex Manager review"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Lansing, MI

Pros

Local IT company, helping local and regional companies with their connectivity needs. Great family place to work.

Cons

At the time- all partners didn't have the same vision for their company. Since i left, the company has more focus on the future and what they want their company to be.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow your middle management and continue to have them be a part of decisions to grow the company. Make sure the sales and technical employees are on the same page when helping customer.s

3. "Excellent Opportunity"

Current Employee - Business Development in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Business Development in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at NuWave Technology Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I believe in our product/service. I can confidently say that we have our client's best interests in mind when making recommendations.
    Our management is excellent. They are driven, and work hard to ensure that everyone feels valued. They are incredibly supportive and are among some of the more inspirational people I've met.
    Our partnerships offer the chance to meet some of the greatest entrepreneurs and professionals in our industry. There is no shortage of opportunities to expand your professional network.

Cons

Occasionally, it can be difficult to get support or answers to a problem. This is becoming less of an issue recently, and has only continued to improve.

Advice to Management

I have no advice at this time for improvement. My opinion of my managers are exceptionally high at this time.

"Selfish Dishonest Management - Old School Tricks - Disrespect Employees"

Former Employee - Project Manager in East Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Project Manager in East Lansing, MI

I worked at NuWave Technology Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family run and operated ... just like the Mafia! haha By that I mean, if you are not related by blood or marriage to the owners of the company, you are absolutely without question a 2nd or 3rd level employee. You will NEVER rise into upper management, which is only for family members. NuWave tries to position itself as hip, young, tech savvy, and a cool place to work. Wrong!
    There is little positive to say about this company.

Cons

Most staff and programmers are very underpaid, with promises for raises that never materialize. Always looking for shortcuts to save money and increase revenue:
    * shady marketing deals for other companies such as Artemis Solutions in East Lansing. They combine office space and use inappropriate accounting tricks to make things look rosy and bright ... until salary, benefits, profit sharing and other employee compensation issues arise, and suddenly they are cash poor and struggling.
    * They use old-school, high pressure sales techniques from the 1950s, 60s, 70's and 80's to get customers to buy from them.
    * Their telephone systems are super expensive, with overpriced maintenance agreements, and NuWave generally has slow response times for service.

Management is highly arrogant and has an innately suspicious nature, which shows up at various times and is quite offensive in their off-hand comments.
    The paranoid nature of management (which emerges under stress) may be due to their own dubious, unethical work standards that they admitted engaging in at their previous telecom jobs -- a place where the family were employed for many years, before branching out into their own company ... they jump-started their own telecom sales company by poaching (unethically taking) as many customers as possible from the company that had employed them for many, many years.

Advice to Management

Be honest ... stop using excessive self-praise and hype. Make realistic job offers. Treat customers with respect, reduce the greed factor. Stop being an insular family company that treats family members as top tier, and everybody else as 2nd class citizens. Truly focus on customer needs and create realistic budgets and profit margins, don't extract excessive profits on technically naïve clients.

NuWave Technology Partners Response

Aug 13, 2015 – Managing Partner

I thought Glassdoor.com was above allowing bogus posts like the one below written by someone who hides behind the ability to make inflammatory and libelous comments anonymously. On 8/3/2015 I... More

5. "Ma"

Pros

Everything is great with then

Cons

None at all at this time

6. "NuWave is a great company made up of genuine people who will take care of you."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at NuWave Technology Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. NuWave is leading the way in technology, and is always finding new products and services to provide for their customers. Family atmosphere. Takes care of their customers.

Cons

They could improve some of their processes in order to streamline sales and operations. They could ensure everyone is following the same procedures.

Advice to Management

Keep providing great service for your customers. Make sure to keep investing time into your employees.

7. "NuWave Technology Partners- a clear vision of the future and a vibrant environment."

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at NuWave Technology Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

NuWave is a very active and entrepreneurial environment and makes no apologies for it, which it should not. The company has a clear direction of the future of business technology that I happen to agree with. They are a flat organization, and as such are open to employee innovation.

Cons

Far and few between except to say that if you are uncomfortable with an environment as described above, it may not be a good fit.

Advice to Management

Stay on the course of your vision. Keep the environment dynamic and the learning opportunities accessible....