Nuance Reviews | Glassdoor

Paul A. Ricci

1,002 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Senior Project Manager-Template Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bonita Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bonita Springs, FL

I worked at Nuance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

PTO, Competitive wages, good home life and work balance for the most part

Cons

Unexpectantly laid off due to restructure

Nov 29, 2017

Like many large companies, layoffs unfortunately do happen. We are glad to see you enjoyed the amenities here and wish you the best of luck in your future. Thank you for writing your review on... More

2. "Skilled and competent middle management and employees, but"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Nuance (More than a year)

Pros

Middle management is skilled, helpful, and gets work done!

Cons

Executive management is distant, removed. And slightly overpaid.

Advice to Management

Make sure everyone knows the company elevator pitch.
    More importantly, tie their work to the companies goals and strategy, so employees have a better understanding of how important their daily work is.

3. "Sales"

I worked at Nuance full-time

Pros

Worked with some good people.

Cons

Change everything every year. Unrealistic Market Knowledge.

Advice to Management

Respect all of the employees.

"Sales - Over 10 Years"

I worked at Nuance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Work at home
    * Pay is fair ~ IN SOME CASES
    * Peers are honest
    * Applications are great
    * Customers are amazing
    * Pay on time every other week.

Cons

* Communication lack between departments
    * Commission payment structure is hard to understand and exactly pay is always inaccurate every month
    * Management is email happy, to many email's, pick up the phone and have a team meeting.
    * Applications are not interfaced
    * SFDC is not accurate on accounts
    * Managers seem to only care about how much you sold each month, not how you got there.
    * Change over in Management happens often
    *Co-workers not happy with Management - Peers complain often
    * You work 50-60 hours a week
    * Family is 2nd, Business is 1st.
    * IT and AR are out of India and when you need help, the communication barrier of trying to understand them is difficult. If you are in the USA, India is hours ahead so when you need them, they are sleeping. Try at 2:00 AM Central time, you may get them live. IT TAT is slow. Half are new so plan on being on the phone for over an hour for them to help.
    * No incentive to stay, they dangle the carrot........Pay you enough to stay, not enough to grow internal or with helping your family.
    * Bonus by Stock........Stock is low.......

Advice to Management

You are a B$ co that does not invest in the everyday usage of internal applications. Try interfacing all of them to increase productivity for your employees. Your databases' are all incorrect. You are not sure what customers have what and your sales reps are still using spreadsheet. Automate this to help them. Quota's are not attainable. Look further into what your sales people do on an every day function, provide more training and hear your employees. The upper Management do not listen and when you go to HR, they do not help, they side with the Manager and do not listen. With a COE making Millions, you could invest in your outside reps with more incentives. You are losing talented people, as you let the good ones go, so you can pay less to the new ones coming in...... that have no background to help the ones that have been there for years. Sad. Management cares only what is booked in SFDC, not the hard work the employees worked to get the deal. Provide Bonus in $ not stock to all that make quote of 100% of their Plan.

5. "IT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Nuance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just started. Co-workers couldn't be friendlier, well they could, but that would just be weird. Employees truly want this company to succeed. Management is also working towards this goal. They are investing in the tools and the employees. The building is kept up to date and clean, free soda/coffee in the cafeteria and nice location in Burlington.

Cons

None as of yet, but I will update if anything comes up.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees and tools.

Nov 15, 2017

Welcome to Nuance! We're glad to hear your experience so far has been very positive. In 2018, two focus areas will be on employees and tools. A lot of the Executive's focus will be on building goals... More

"Recently Riffed"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Remote, OR

I worked at Nuance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good company to have on a resume.

Cons

Only one thing leadership cares less about than it's employees and that's it's customers. (See Malware Petya) They made a calculated decision not to invest in the security of their transcription business. After the event they claimed victory in the press, used it to downsize, flip customers to Dragon to lower their cost while collecting on the business interruption insurance.

"Just Another Laid Off Long Term Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I worked at Nuance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Payroll is always in time.

Cons

After ten years at this Company, got laid off and my Direct Manager never called, emailed, just as a Human being to human being. Not surprised, as the Corp culture is dreadful.Major Cutthroat environment. Very disconnected, and overlap, within same Divisions. They only care about bottom line like every other Public company. No recognition for long term Employees, not even a nice pen! Major favoritism. Never give raises, so that they can give large bonus's to Upper Management. Communication is lacking across the board.

Advice to Management

N/A in there case, falls on deaf ears.

"Great company, generous pay and benefits"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Burlington, MA

I worked at Nuance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people at Nuance healthcare, nice managers and everyone was extremely nice and professional. The projects are very interesting and it's great to be at a company in a hot technology space.

Cons

Due to the several acquisitions of several smaller business during the past 15 years that put Nuance behind the cutting edge of technology. Healthcare infrastructure should be cutting edge, but we're years behind. the recent cyber attack was catastrophic which brought the entire healthcare systems down for few weeks.

Advice to Management

You are the cornerstone for the information technology at Nuance major player in the technology space, especially, do what it takes to stay up-to-date with the cutting-edge of technology. Open the door of training to your employees, be a better listner when they suggest better tools or processes for getting this done - you have to stay current to compete.

Oct 25, 2017

Thank you for your response. We are glad to see you enjoyed your time here and found the projects very interesting. We appreciate the feedback in regards to training and HR leadership is going to... More

"Part of recent layoffs"

I worked at Nuance full-time

Pros

Casual working environment, cool products, remote work available

Cons

Five on my team let go recently - dozens corporate wide
    Under funding and lack of leadership support to tighten up legacy infrastructure and basic systems management controls
    Tunnel vision with Azure development left many initiatives under funded and under supported
    Until recently systems kept running with bubblegum and rubberbands

Advice to Management

Look in the mirror
    Problems from the Summer not the result of IT staff but from a lack of financial and executive leadership support
    Those holding the purse strings should have been let go, not those doing our best with what resources were made available

"Soul Crushing"

Pros

They bought out the best that the technology had to offer for many years.

Cons

The core of the company is NOT technology... it's the legal department. They are a legal steamroller that sues companies, buys said companies, takes their clients, and for the most part shuts down and lets the original employees go. If you are in the field, you have heard the stories of them strong-arming respectable people and companies. I have witnessed them sue companies out of their way. I have witnessed them individually sue former employees of acquired companies to slow them down. I have seen them legally bring a leader in a niche market to a crawl for owning the space they want to be in but have nothing to offer.

I have also seen coworkers that I loved to work with become unbearable to work with in a managerial role due to extreme pressure from up top to produce, not take vacations (or make it using 1 day a week so you're in essence always working), and including holidays. I have seen one by one my favorite managers and colleagues leave to seek a better life.

I had been the frog in the pot slowing brought to a boil, slow enough not to jump out before cooking to death... though I managed to eventually.

But it's not all bad. If you are in the proper internal network, life can be quite nice.

Showing 1,002 of 1,058 reviews