Cover image for Nuance

70 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Nuance and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

No nonsense, fair work environment

Nov 28, 2022 - Senior Principal Research Engineer in Burlington, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Performance based compensation, flexible work schedule, a no nonsense policy.

Cons

The code is not in very good shape, corners about testing, documenting and maintaining the code have been cut and it shows.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not Enough Work

Nov 27, 2022 - Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The supervisors were easy to work with when necessary but it was a great remote position where I could just focus on doing my job. Despite being remote there was a sense of being on a team with opportunities to contribute things like photos of yourself on a walk the same day as coworkers, and contributing to a cookbook.

Cons

The work just wasn’t enough. I would often log in for the day to only a few files, or none, despite having multiple accounts. Unfortunately it was one of the reasons I quit when I did. I was pregnant at the time but would have stayed on a few more months if work was steady.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. Join the Nuance team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Flexible and growth opportunities

Oct 13, 2022 - Quality Documentation Manager in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are way more pros then cons. I started out as a QDS and got promoted to management within a year. The salary is great. The workload is not too high. We have a good work life balance. Higher management is supportive. Goals are realistic. You do not have too many people under you. Overall, this is a great remote position for management.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to hold under performers accountable for their actions. This means you are held accountable for low performers even though they should be written up or let go. Doctors can be hard to please sometimes. Sometimes you have to retrain people when they come into operations.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

Good place to work

Nov 22, 2022 - Quality Documentation Specialist in Norfolk, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, work from home, understanding management team

Cons

Metrics to be met, sometimes too light of a workload. They are working on this issue.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 3.0

Pay could be better

Nov 21, 2022 - Quality Documentation Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work. You have to be a self-starter to succeed here. I love the job itself and you can definitely learn a lot within the medical field. I work with a great team. I am able to flex my time as long as I communicate the need with my manager.

Cons

Pay is not comparable with raising inflation costs. Alot of my coworkers, myself included, need to work 2 jobs to sustain themselves and their families.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

F

Nov 20, 2022 - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A+ good environment to work at

Cons

No that many just salary

8. 5.0

Good Company

Nov 15, 2022 - Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay and good opportunities for professional development

Cons

Ther is not a clear path to long term advancement/ promotion within the organization

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

good

Nov 13, 2022 - Editor in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

good pay and a nice boss

Cons

sometimes there is not enough work

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Company I've ever worked for

May 6, 2022 - Special Teams Quality Documentation Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Compassionate company culture. Puts employees wellbeing first. Caring managers. Flexibility of schedules. Better pay than other similar positions in other companies. Amazing benefits and insurance with only a $250 deductible and options for FSA and HSA cards. Pays for Calm App subscription. Company truly cares about mental health.

Cons

I have been here 11 months now and really have no cons now. However, in the beginning I did struggle. The training is intense but the work is so important that it must be. They have very high standards for production, as they should, and that can be overwhelming at times. But you should have a support team, don't be afraid to lean on them.

3 people found this review helpful