Nuance Reviews | Glassdoor

Nuance Chairman and CEO Paul A. Ricci
Paul A. Ricci

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "good company to work"

Current Employee - Analyst in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Pune (India)

I have been working at Nuance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good work life balance

Cons

less salary below market standards

2. "IT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Nuance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just started. Co-workers couldn't be friendlier, well they could, but that would just be weird. Employees truly want this company to succeed. Management is also working towards this goal. They are investing in the tools and the employees. The building is kept up to date and clean, free soda/coffee in the cafeteria and nice location in Burlington.

Cons

None as of yet, but I will update if anything comes up.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees and tools.

Nov 15, 2017

Welcome to Nuance! We're glad to hear your experience so far has been very positive. In 2018, two focus areas will be on employees and tools. A lot of the Executive's focus will be on building goals... More

"Run far far away"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Burlington, MA

I worked at Nuance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

+ They make payroll every two weeks. Most of the time. Unless you are one of the laid off employees , which they do 2-3 times a year.
    + The top skill I see at Sr. Mgt level is blaming someone else for poor results, and figuring out how to do the least amount of work from M-F
    + Honest co-workers will tell you the skinny within 6 mos of you coming on board. "Everyone hates working here" was the line I rec'd from a friend I met in the hallway from a past company. She was right.
    + About one in ten managers are human beings just trying to make a living. If you are lucky enough to work for one of them, it will make your days on the ranch more bearable.

Cons

- CEO makes $10-20M a year, yet has built a culture to treat regular employees like cattle.
    - Sr. Mgt doesn't care about truthfulness. Depressing.
    - CHRO - is the chief cattle prod he uses to keep the cattle moving . She hired a company in India to police these reviews and comment back. Most of the positive ones are from short-timers.
    - Your annual bonus, when even paid, will only be 80% of what they tell you. They only pay it in stock, and the stock price always falls before you receive the shares in your eTrade account. This is true of all of their comp components. All come with strings attached to things you don't control. That's not a bonus plan - it's a fake news plan.
    - Waay too top heavy.
    - Definitely a culture that rewards outlandish promises not results, then wonders why the stock price is stuck in the $10-20 range for years.
    - Terrible investment for share holders. Dead money.
    - Unless you are desperate for a paycheck, move on.

Advice to Management

You'll never be a good place to work with CEOs limited vision of how to run a company people actually like.

"Minimum wage and poor morale"

I have been working at Nuance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working from home is the only pro, though Nuance expects you to be glued to your computer more than any other employer. They tell you to take 10 minute breaks every hour but if you do that, you will not meet LPH requirement so really, is working at home that much of a perk?

Cons

Nuance sets you up to fail. You don't get the sense that they care about you at all. You do get the sense that they see you as a slave. Employees are exploited and treated poorly.

Advice to Management

Change your metrics. If my production is up, my quality is down (or I'm sending too much to QA). If my quality is up, my production is down (or I'm sending too much to QA). If I work a more difficult account, I get a tiny differential (if I get one at all). We are all bounced from account to account, have to learn new instructions but don't get paid training so metrics go way down and we get only minimum wage along with disciplinary action. You're setting us all up to fail! You don't care though, so what's the point of any of us complaining? It's hopeless.

Nov 15, 2017

Thank you for your review. As a current employee we encourage you to voice these concerns to your Manager or HR, whichever you feel more comfortable doing. This Nuance Glassdoor page is insight into... More

"I thought it would be to my benefit, but"

Former Employee - Medical Language Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Medical Language Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Nuance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I honestly cannot think of one positive thing to say about this "institution."

Cons

Looking over these reviews I see the same canned response from Nuance, so I won't bother to waste too much time here. Management does not care, all you hear is "I understand," when in fact they do not. Advise to current employees or potential future ones, take your PTO before you resign, and watch your webclock very, very closely...someone in payroll - or higher up more likely - seems to have sticky fingers.

Advice to Management

Try being an employee for a while and see how you get treated.

Nov 15, 2017

We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience in our Transcription Services business. This Nuance Glassdoor page is insight into our Corporate offices. We hear you that you are frustrated and... More

"Medical Transcriptionist stay away!"

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in New York, NY

I worked at Nuance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no positive things to say about this company.

Cons

Below minimum wage pay due to out of work situations, given makeup pay due to employee status, only opportunity for more work was to work more than a 40 hour week. QA is horrible. Their attitude is condescending and belittling.

Advice to Management

Treat transcriptionists as the valued resource they are. Pay a living wage for VR since 99% of the time, the entire report has to be retyped and at the best the time spent listening to the report is still time spent regardless of line count.

Nov 8, 2017

It is unfortunate your experience was negative wiht our Medical Transcription Services business. This Nuance Glassdoor page is insight into our Corporate offices. We understand you are frustrated and... More

"Trending downward"

I worked at Nuance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nice Sales Kick off.

Cons

Management lacking respect for those not in the inner circle.

Advice to Management

You preach that you appreciate feedback from all levels. Practice what you preach. Don't treat major contributors like they don't matter.

8. "OK, not great"

Former Employee - MLS
    Former Employee - MLS

I worked at Nuance part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is OK, for the most part, usually.

Cons

The "pay grid" has nice potential, but rarely proves rewarding. The communication between management and MLS isn't great, usually. The door seemed to be constantly in motion with regard to supervisors leaving and/or moving around. Too many platforms.

Nov 1, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. This Nuance Glassdoor page is insight into our Corporate offices. We understand you are frustrated and feel free to provide insight on the Nuance Transcription page here... More

9. "Software Developer"

I worked at Nuance full-time

Pros

Flexible work hours
    Work from Home
    4 weeks PTO from day 1

Cons

I got laid off since company was restructuring

Oct 25, 2017

Thank you for your review. It is unfortunate that this occurred to your however like many larger organizations layoffs do occur. We are glad you enjoyed the flexible schedule and time off as that is... More

10. "Great Remote Job however..."

Current Employee - Field Service in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Field Service in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Nuance (More than 8 years)

Pros

Remote work, ability to work from home.

Cons

Management doesn't seem to care

Advice to Management

think of employee's lives once in awhile.

Oct 25, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to see you have the opportunity to work remote. We hope you voice your frustrations to HR so these can be cascaded and properly handled for you.

Showing 994 of 1,049 reviews