Nuance Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1,015 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Great Remote Job however..."

Current Employee - Field Service in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Field Service in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Nuance (More than 8 years)

Pros

Remote work, ability to work from home.

Cons

Management doesn't seem to care

Advice to Management

think of employee's lives once in awhile.

Oct 25, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to see you have the opportunity to work remote. We hope you voice your frustrations to HR so these can be cascaded and properly handled for you.

"Minimum wage and poor morale"

I have been working at Nuance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working from home is the only pro, though Nuance expects you to be glued to your computer more than any other employer. They tell you to take 10 minute breaks every hour but if you do that, you will not meet LPH requirement so really, is working at home that much of a perk?

Cons

Nuance sets you up to fail. You don't get the sense that they care about you at all. You do get the sense that they see you as a slave. Employees are exploited and treated poorly.

Advice to Management

Change your metrics. If my production is up, my quality is down (or I'm sending too much to QA). If my quality is up, my production is down (or I'm sending too much to QA). If I work a more difficult account, I get a tiny differential (if I get one at all). We are all bounced from account to account, have to learn new instructions but don't get paid training so metrics go way down and we get only minimum wage along with disciplinary action. You're setting us all up to fail! You don't care though, so what's the point of any of us complaining? It's hopeless.

Nov 15, 2017

Thank you for your review. As a current employee we encourage you to voice these concerns to your Manager or HR, whichever you feel more comfortable doing. This Nuance Glassdoor page is insight into... More

"I thought it would be to my benefit, but"

Former Employee - Medical Language Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Medical Language Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Nuance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I honestly cannot think of one positive thing to say about this "institution."

Cons

Looking over these reviews I see the same canned response from Nuance, so I won't bother to waste too much time here. Management does not care, all you hear is "I understand," when in fact they do not. Advise to current employees or potential future ones, take your PTO before you resign, and watch your webclock very, very closely...someone in payroll - or higher up more likely - seems to have sticky fingers.

Advice to Management

Try being an employee for a while and see how you get treated.

Nov 15, 2017

We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience in our Transcription Services business. This Nuance Glassdoor page is insight into our Corporate offices. We hear you that you are frustrated and... More

"Accounts Payable"

Former Employee - Accountant in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Accountant in Burlington, MA

I worked at Nuance (More than a year)

Pros

-good pay
    -good food
    -interesting company
    -a lot of people worked from home a few days a week

Cons

The People
    -no help for new hires
    -no leadership
    -grumpy managers
    -no mentoring,
    -everyone seemed unhappy to be there and left you on your own
    -seemed to be burdened by any questions I had
    -other departments looked better, but Accounts Payable needs a lot of work!

Advice to Management

-have a better mentor/new hire system instead of leaving new hires stranded on their own

Oct 25, 2017

Thank you for your review. You seemed to enjoy your time here which is great to see. We hope you shared your frustrations before you left so they could be addressed. We have numerous enhancements... More

"Flexibility"

I worked at Nuance full-time

Pros

Great place to work if you are looking for flexibility

Cons

No clear cut road maps for many of the products

Oct 25, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are happy to see you enjoyed your time here and felt it was a great place to work.

"Medical Transcriptionist stay away!"

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in New York, NY

I worked at Nuance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no positive things to say about this company.

Cons

Below minimum wage pay due to out of work situations, given makeup pay due to employee status, only opportunity for more work was to work more than a 40 hour week. QA is horrible. Their attitude is condescending and belittling.

Advice to Management

Treat transcriptionists as the valued resource they are. Pay a living wage for VR since 99% of the time, the entire report has to be retyped and at the best the time spent listening to the report is still time spent regardless of line count.

Nov 8, 2017

It is unfortunate your experience was negative wiht our Medical Transcription Services business. This Nuance Glassdoor page is insight into our Corporate offices. We understand you are frustrated and... More

"Unique culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Nuance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone with whom I've come in contact has been extremely nice and professional. I've yet to have a conflict with a co-worker. Disagreements, sure, but no conflicts like I have at other companies where people were negative and backstabbing. The projects are very interesting and it's great to be at a company in a hot technology space.

Cons

Rather behind technologically. Laptops and IT infrastructure should be cutting edge, but we're years behind - the recent cyber attack lit the fuse to make significant updates, but it's coming very late and we have a long way to go. For example, laptops are not current hardware and most still run Windows 7. As other reviewers have said, this is a geographically distributed company. You will likely work will very few people on site. If you work at a remote office, outside the Burlington HQ, or from home, you need to strongly consider if you can work that way - it's not for everyone.

Advice to Management

As a major player in the technology space, especially AI, you have to stay on the cutting-edge of technology. Listen to your employees when they suggest better tools or processes for getting this done - you have to stay current to compete.

Sep 6, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear the projects are interesting to you! We appreciate your insight in regards to the technology and are working to make significant changes with our IT... More

"Poor Company to work for"

I have been working at Nuance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is absolutely nothing positive

Cons

Your work is not appreciated, management is really bad. Stay away if you can

Oct 25, 2017

It is unfortunate that you did not have a positive experience at Nuance. We hope you shared your experience with your manager or HR to address some of the feedback you have for us as it is important... More

"Ok money, no work life balance"

Former Employee - Network Operations Technician in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Network Operations Technician in Seattle, WA

I worked at Nuance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nuance allowed employees to have access to some pretty cool technology. Unfortunately, all that cool tech was at least ten years outdated.

Cons

Where to begin?

Pay was underwhelming, despite senior management saying "at least we pay well!"

Hours are miserable. Seriously, 60+ hours every week and getting PTO requests approved was pulling teeth.

Management spent no time in training, or developing their current employees. They would rather run current employees into the ground and hire talent from outside the company.

Very little advancement opportunity. People are shoehorned into becoming SMEs on legacy products and have tribal knowledge that isn't documented anywhere. I saw one person promoted in the time that I was there.

When integral employees supporting legacy products leave for employers who won't ask for 60+ hours a week, they don't backfill the position. So the employees that are still there are expected to do more with less.

Their Enterprise solution is a nightmare. Constant data center outages for a culture of band-aid fixes.

Advice to Management

Train the people you have, and quit paying the C level employees out the nose to properly support your products. Initiatives to have a better organization are full steam ahead when the VP from Silicon Valley is in town, them abandoned when he goes home.

Oct 3, 2017

Thank you for your review. We take great pride in our innovative technology and are so happy that you were able to work with our products and solutions while at Nuance. We understand, however, that... More

10. "software engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Nuance (More than 5 years)

Pros

good and full welfare, flexible hours,

Cons

nothing really from top of my head

Showing 1,015 of 1,075 reviews