Nuance Transcription Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Nuance Transcription Services Reviews

Updated September 15, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work life balance and work from home option available (in 186 reviews)

• Work from home and paid on time (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay is based on these things so you wind up at minimum wage (in 35 reviews)

• Low pay for demanding work; unfair QA; docking of pay for minor mistakes (in 25 reviews)

"Medical Language SpeciaLIST"

Former Employee - Medical Language Specialist in Bangor, ME
    Former Employee - Medical Language Specialist in Bangor, ME

I worked at Nuance Transcription Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice to work from home

Cons

This is the most disorganized company I have ever worked for. When you try to get answers you can't get any. They outsource to India which is hurting American jobs and this should not be tolerated.

Advice to Management

Stop oursourcing to India and keep our American jobs here in the USA. Salaries have gone way down because of it and it has ruined the entire culture of what transcription once was. Speech Recognition is dangerous and should be banned.

"Worst company ever."

Former Employee - MLS in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - MLS in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Nuance Transcription Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are literally no pros to working as an MLS for this company.

Cons

Rarely have full time work. They expect you to bounce multiple accounts all day long. Their QA is overly aggressive. They don't care AT ALL if you make a decent living or not, it's all about their bottom line. 200+ MLS just got terminated today because THEY can't manage their work flow and send way too much work overseas.

"Editor"

Former Employee - Medial Editor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Medial Editor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Nuance Transcription Services (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work at home and that is about it

Cons

After 10 years of being with company today I get a recorded message that me and a few others were being laid off. I mean the president couldn't even call me directly. What a shame.

Advice to Management

my supervisors were okay

"Stay-at-home MLS/Editor"

Current Employee - MLS/Editor in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - MLS/Editor in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Nuance Transcription Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working at home is great.

Cons

Poor compensation, poor management, company is shady - especially in light of recent cyber attack. I'm stuck, but I wouldn't recommended this company to anybody for anything.

Advice to Management

Get your act together.

5. "Medical Language Specialist"

Current Employee - MLS in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - MLS in Remote, OR

I have been working at Nuance Transcription Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very happy with my experience at Nuance. I have a great manager, good work flow, decent pay rate. I have not experienced any of the negative things others post about Nuance.

Cons

The reviews by other people who work here. I think it varies depending on work flow, the accounts assigned, the managers. Each person's experience will be a little different.

"RUN, THIEVES, SCAM"

Current Employee - MLS in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - MLS in Tampa, FL

Pros

Work from home. I wish I could give NEGATIVE 50 stars.

Cons

There is not enough space to write them all. Recently, we were told we would receive incentives for helping bail them out of cyber attack. We caught up all work and when it came time to pay they did not. They all of a sudden said it was platform specific when nothing said that before. They since deleted all messages where it showed we would be paid extra. Management only cares about lining their pockets. We already barely make a living wage and now they take the incentive away. The pay grid is ridiculous. You get penalized for not putting commas in the correct places or sending jobs to QA . Pay is based on these things so you wind up at minimum wage. They do this so nobody can make any money. It is a DISGUSTING company. I have NEVER in my life felt so beat down and worthless. I am getting out ASAP.

Advice to Management

Pay what you said we would get when we worked hard to get the work caught up due to cyber attack. Treat your employees better. You want 99% accuracy, treat us like we matter. Pay us like we matter. This company and management are a DISGRACE.

"LIARS, UNETHICAL, MONEY HUNGRY, RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN"

Current Employee - MLS
    Current Employee - MLS

I have been working at Nuance Transcription Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I work at home and I have a terrific manager

Cons

They makes promises to employees that came to their help when they were hacked and didn't follow through on their promises. I have lost all respect for them now. Next time, I bet NOBODY will help them keep their accounts. There will always be some who continue to take the abuse. If I was able, I would find a new job, somewhere where they respected their employees and didn't fill them with false hope

Advice to Management

Get yourselves together and start promising bonuses you can't fulfill for everybody!!!

"Always finds way to cut pay"

I have been working at Nuance Transcription Services full-time

Pros

Work at home, actually like the job itself, medical editing/transcription.

Cons

I make less and less money each year. Run out of work frequently. They have taken away incentives over the years and with their big ransomware fiasco, they quickly rescinded their unattainable $1000 bonus.

Advice to Management

Value the employees who you acquired from outsourcing. We know the accounts better than anyone, any new hires or anyone overseas. Our knowledge of these accounts will result in less errors - so that keeps your customers happy and the customers' patients safe and less likely to succumb to a fatal or near fatal error.

"Editors"

Former Employee - Editor in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Editor in Tampa, FL

I worked at Nuance Transcription Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home and really nothing else whatsovr

Cons

Terrible psycho managers who do nothing, but belittle to keep their own jobs.

Advice to Management

Hire caring and decent managers with some sense.

"MLS"

Current Employee - MLS in Sunrise Beach, MO
    Current Employee - MLS in Sunrise Beach, MO

Pros

The only possible pro is the ability to work at home. There is nothing else good about this company.

Cons

I would give a zero star rating if that was an option. It would take writing a book to cover the cons for this company. With their QA system, they count off if we don't put every comma and every period where they think we should, or any other type of punctuation for that matter. Because they have a grid scale for pay based on accuracy percentages and line counts and then count off for these little nit-picky things, there is no doubt in my mind that they are doing this to keep our pay at the lowest level possible. Our experience and skill level do not seem to matter to them. All this company is interested in is getting as much as they can for as little as they can. They are a poor excuse for a company.

Advice to Management

Advice will not matter because you don't care, but maybe you should take a closer look at how you are treating star employees before they start looking for other places of employment, which I'm currently in the process of doing. You deserve to lose every one of your good employees, then you can hire the inexperienced ones and can get away with paying minimum wage to them.