Numotion "helping people" Reviews | Glassdoor

Numotion Employee Reviews about "helping people"

Updated Nov 4, 2019

3.3
Numotion CEO Mike Swinford (no image)
Mike Swinford
Pros
  • "Very rewarding job helping people and keeping them mobile(in 20 reviews)

• "Numotion values their employees and treats them with respect(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "None that are specific to Numotion(in 18 reviews)

• "Terrible management, unprofessional work environment(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "helping people"

Return to all Reviews

"Challenging and Rewarding"

Current Employee - Customer Care Coordinator in Tifton, GA

I have been working at Numotion full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being able to help people with mobility. My passion is especially helping our clients that suffer from ALS. To be a part of a team that genuinely goes above and beyond makes this job very fulfilling. Numotion is a great company to work for. The job of a CCC is very challenging but the reward of a happy client make it all worth it. Great benefits and competitive pay are a plus.

Cons

Not a con, but being a CCC is a very challenging job. I have been employed with Numotion for just over a year and still learning. The DME world is ever changing. Thankfully I've had some great leaders that had the patience to train me and help me get where I am today.

Numotion2018-08-30
  2. "Not for everybody but some"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Numotion full-time for more than a year

Pros

Helping people who need it

Cons

They put you out there sometimes without direction and smells

Advice to Management

Give better directions and manuals

Numotion2019-11-04

"Excessive and unreasonable amounts of overtime"

Current Employee - Seating Technician in Nowhere, OK

I have been working at Numotion full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The job has reasonable pay when kept within the spectrum of a normal 40 hour work week for this industry. I love my coworkers and local office. The job is rewarding in the fact you are helping people. Most major holidays off and a decent amount of paid time off, that's IF they let you use it!

Cons

Poor management structure and you are remotely managed by a person you rarely see. There's no personal level connection with the employee. Employees are treated as just another number. Management style is not that of leaders, but that of bosses. No leading by example, just follow the orders! Scheduling for service is ineffecient with up to 10-12 hour work days required, sometimes in excess of 14 hour work days... required Monday through Friday. Additionally pushing you or requiring you in some cases to work Saturday or Sunday or both to make 6-7 day work weeks. No concern for the family life problems or the health problems this can cause from such excessive work hours. No coordination between service coordinators, instead of communicating with each other, they put whatever and whenever on the schedule. This has caused up to 9-10 hours of just driving in one day in one instance. That doesn't include repair time. Service coordinator schedulers act like management rather than co-workers. I moved over to being a seating and rehab technician to hopefully have a better family life and finding managers have the same zest for pushing 6-7 day work weeks. You will NOT find ANY manager on ANY level working overtime or weekends either. After 13 years as a service tech and after onlyhalf a year as seating and rehab technician, I believe I made a mistake staying with the company.

Advice to Management

Do NOT require people to work unreasonable and dangerous amounts of overtime that cause fatigue and frustration. This is the reason you have a shortage of employees and people quitting. Hire more employees IMMEDIATELY! Put scheduling back in the local office with only people in that office scheduling so there's not 4 different people or more that don't communicate trying to plan a route. Most Semi truck drivers... aren't even working this much and this amount if driving and overtime has been reported to the state department of transportation for safety reasons.

Numotion2019-10-10

"Just don’t"

Former Employee - Service Manager in Apex, NC

I worked at Numotion full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Co-workers are great. The mission of helping people with disabilities is very fulfilling.

Cons

CEO spreads a good message, but it’s all about the numbers, scorecards and metrics. Long hours, no time off, lots of turn over.

Advice to Management

Promote leaders that can do the job and stop micro managing staff. I’m not hard to find, if Numotion wants to call me, please do.

Numotion2019-07-04

"Massive Workload"

Former Employee - Revenue Validation Coordinator in Rocky Hill, CT

I worked at Numotion full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Helping people who need it, good employee parties, and CEO would read employee reviews of managers and sometimes get some bad ones out.

Cons

Massive workload always increasing, when someone leaves they were not replaced, and their workload was piled onto the already-overworked staff. Never listening to easier ways to do jobs. Bad technology choices.

Advice to Management

If you're going to insist that employees do 6-10 jobs each, pay them better instead of keeping the money for yourself.

Numotion2019-03-15

"Documentation Coordinator"

I worked at Numotion full-time

Pros

Helping people get their equipment

Cons

A lot of unnecessary drama

Numotion2018-10-22

"Customer Service coordinator"

Current Employee - CSC in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Numotion full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very rewarding job helping people and keeping them mobile . Management is very helpful with training and day to day questions and treat everyone with respect. Competitive pay and benefits. Hours are great especially for single parents or family’s no nights or weekends unless needed but it’s a volunteer basis . Closed major holidays with pay.

Cons

Some long time employees don’t seem to like change . With all the new procedures rolling out to make the company better and make getting our clients taken care of in a more timely manner I definitely hear a lot of negative remarks . Service coordinator cubicles are next to client waiting area . I don’t think it is professional for customers to hear other clients personal information like address , phone numbers ,... DOB and insurance policy numbers while scheduling repairs or to hear us dealing with irate clients which is hard already but when your having to say I’m sorry over and over and please stop yelling so I can explain it sounds very bad . So definitely think CSC desks should be behind the walls not out in the open for anyone to walk in to hear.

Advice to Management

Continue making changes to make day to day operations better . Theirs always room for improvement and I believe numotion is a great company with big ideas . I do have to say it took quite a bit of time during my hiring process . But once I was in the store I felt welcomed by most everyone and the training packets I received were very helpful and made it structured I knew day to day what I was doing and learning for... the first 3 weeks.

Numotion2018-08-29

"Service Coordinator"

I worked at Numotion full-time

Pros

The clients are amazing, and helping people was so rewarding

Cons

Terrible management, unprofessional work environment.

Advice to Management

Listen and follow through with employee complaints, issues fell on deaf ears, youve lost several great employees due to the blatant favoritism exhibited with certain employees.

Numotion2018-08-29
  9. "Must be able to adapt to change"

Current Employee - Customer Care Coordinator

I have been working at Numotion full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Helping people regain/maintain their mobility and independence. National company with known reputation in the industry. Recent employee incentive programs put into place.

Cons

Constant insurance changes and funding cuts making it difficult to provide services. (Not company fault) Benefits are expensive. Room for advancement minimal. Advancement to management is unlikely. They are willing to to chances on new processes, that generally inhibit the effectiveness; but don’t take chances on their employees.

Advice to Management

When making process and system changes, try getting the opinions of the people actually using the process. Will avoid wasteful trials and IT slow downs.

Numotion2018-04-14

"Incompetent Leadership"

Former Employee - Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at Numotion full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are none other than helping people get mobile again

Cons

Worst leadership EVER !! In fact this company has a 2.5-2.8 rating on most job boards so that should telll you something about this company. Managment in the Houston office is so incompetent that most daily operations is directed out of their Dallas location. No training protocol in place whatsoever so you either "get it" or "get fired" and a horrible fixation on profits,,,Yes I know companies are run to make... profits,,but they put profit in front of EVERYTHING ELSE !! This is exemplified by the End of Month chaos that ensues the last week of the month , People in their cubicles crying ! demanding to work weekends, employees being blamed for not meeting budget, Its never the managers fault mentality etc. Is that the kind of leadership that you want to work for ? Their Executive team knows the problems yet refuses to take corrective actions so it is a vicious cycle that exponentialy grows every month due to ineffective leadership that creates a toxic, immature, highschoolish like atmospere. YOU DO NOT WANT TO WORK HERE ! RUN FOREST RUN !

Advice to Management

None to mgmt However, Some advice to the Executive Team ,, Revamp your vetting process for potential Managment Hires as the process you have now brings in people that have no business being managers due to lack of experience, education, people skills, communications skills and team building skill sets. It all starts at the top and trickles down, So "The children are a reflection of their parents" analogy is... strong with this team of Execs.

Numotion2018-04-27