Nurses PRN Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great company"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I have been working at Nurses PRN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent pay. The company supports it's nurses and I feel they truly have my back.

Cons

Poor and very expensive benefits. Its an agency so there are slow months

"Healthcare Recruiter"

Former Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in Neenah, WI

I worked at Nurses PRN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture, team-building activities, initial training/on-boarding, and office space/environment.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations for recruiters, extremely poor bonus system and commission structure, lack of true work/life balance, poor reputation among candidates in the industry, lack any technology that is up to date, and lack of internal growth opportunity.

Advice to Management

Drop the mirage that you are a "different and grown up" healthcare recruiting firm. Having been in the industry for sometime, 40 hours per week should be meaningless not something that is written in stone. Candidates will call at all hours and the recruiter needs to be the one there. The payout structure needs to be explained on the first day, versus when an employee actually gets commission. The 26% guideline needs to be dropped as you will lose out on business to low margin firms. While you have a very nice office, the other pieces of the business just don't add up. I would recommend investing heavily into technology, but even then, you will be behind as the other firms are already playing with a significant lead over you in all areas of your business.

"Prn cna"

Current Employee - CNA
    Current Employee - CNA

I have been working at Nurses PRN part-time

Pros

Make your own schedule
    Flexible hours
    Pick and choose which patients and facilities you wish to work for or would rather not work for again
    Reasonable pay
    Nice and understanding staff
    Same day pay

Cons

Very rarely make more than 36 hours a week.
    No benefits

4. "Great Place To Work"

Former Employee - Patient Care Partner in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Patient Care Partner in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Nurses PRN (More than a year)

Pros

Provide alot of wonderful services to children.

Cons

Some employees stay sick from environment

"Unfair treatment by management, cut- throat, dishonest management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

I have been working at Nurses PRN part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You receive a paycheck (daily or weekly)

Cons

Dishonest and unfair treatment by manager's. Extremely two faced. If you don't comply with their demands they simply retaliate against you and will not offer you shifts, or give very minimal enough to force you to do what they want or look for another job. Prn will cancel your shifts to give them to other employees who work crazy insane and legally unsafe hours. ( they think employees don't talk). Then will deny doing so. Management will take managements side when you ( employee) voice your opinion on what is happening or being said to you, basically stating you the employee is lieing. Your treated as a warm body with a pulse to fill a shift they need filled. Nothing more/ nothing less. With this company your not treated as a human any longer, but rather looked at as a machine.

Advice to Management

You have dishonest manipulating upper staff. Phone calls should be recorded. You need to take into consideration what is being told to you about your upper management.. Bad managers cause good employees to leave...

"I felt completely refreshed and needed after leaving my client"

Former Employee - Home Health Aide in East Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Home Health Aide in East Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Nurses PRN part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best quality that I can say about PRN is the clients that we work with, you get to meet new people, new family's, and you as the home health aide know that you are relieving stress from any individual involved and that needs care.

Cons

The only down side I can is getting attached to your client and either their family's take them away, or the end in a nursing home and worst of all them dying!

Advice to Management

N/A

"Amazing company to work for and be a part of!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Pros

Everyone is very friendly, helpful and always supporting one another, upper level management included. Everyday I come into work I feel motivated and lucky to be a part of such a great culture and team. There are new and exciting things happening everyday - it's impossible to get bored! I've never worked for a company that has more fun then we do here!

Cons

I do not have any cons.

"Will feed you tons of lies, latest review probably written by a member of management to get their score higher."

Former Employee - WI Recruiter in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - WI Recruiter in Appleton, WI

I worked at Nurses PRN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tons of after work activities, happy hours, potential to make a decent salary if you know how to play the game.

Cons

Intense training for a week then your totally on your own, they don't offer a ton of support once your on your desk, goals constant change. Trainers will be super sweet to your face and when people are around but will talk down to you one on one. If your not performing your out. Will feed you a ton of lies while they are interviewing you. Totally play favorites.

Advice to Management

There is a reason turn over is so high... Invest more time in your people, Pete has a lot of great ideas but I doubt he fully is aware of the negativity on the floor.

9. "outsourced"

Pros

multiple tasks, flexible schedule, original owners very nice

Cons

outsourced the dept, a lot of paperwork daily

10. "Great Employees, best customer support ever."

Former Employee - Staffing Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Staffing Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Nurses PRN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Every time you call Nurses PRN, I get an actual person on the phone!!! The longest I've ever waited was 20 seconds.

Instead of most other companies... I get an Automated Teller asking me to repeat myself or enter multiple numbers to find a department.

Cons

Sometimes, I may get more opportunities to work than I would like

Advice to Management

Continue with Customer Support, let Staffing Coordinators build relationships, Get another Sales Person to find more Clients.