Nusenda Reviews in Albuquerque, NM | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Terry Laudick

1. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Lead Teller in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Nusenda full-time

Pros

There is always room to move up if you stick to your guns and really show the managers what you can do. You get a raise every year based on merit. They really try to hire people with great personalities so it is easy to get along with your co-workers.

Cons

Just like with any job in the service industry, you have to deal with people and their problems. Sometimes you have to strive harder than anyone else to get even a little bit of attention from the supervisors.

Advice to Management

Management can vary depending on which location you are at. If you are managing a larger location, you need to be on top of your subordinates at all times. This means that all the little things they do might go unnoticed, especially if they are trying their hardest to move up.

2. "Small banking gone wrong."

Former Employee - Financial Consultant in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Financial Consultant in Albuquerque, NM

Pros

Good pay
    Nice employees
    Most of the members are tolerable but they are very spoiled and allowed to treat the employees like garbage.

Cons

I worked for Nusenda just shy of 5 years. I was hired PT but was consistently worked FT while only earning PT PTO and ineligible for benefits. I had a letter on file with HR because I have Miltiple Sclerosis and hid it successfully from my manager(s) for years. After a relapse landed me in the emergency room I informed my boss of my MS and was told by him that only he could decide if I was sick enough to call in. I was told that I was not a team player and that I was lazy and I was a liar. Even though I was ordered by my nuerologist not to work more than 30 hours a week I was told by my AVP that if they needed me to work 50 hours a week there was nothing I could do about it. So I left. That's what I did about it. Everyone tells me that I need to sue them for HIPA violations but it was easier to walk away.
    When they turned Nusenda into a sales branch it walked the line of Big Banking. I left Wells Fargo because of the pressure put on the members and the employees for sales goals and Nusenda is going down the same deep dark path. I was told that because my "numbers" as a part time employee would never match a full-timer I was ineligible for any kind of promotion or advancement in my position.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to turn a once great credit union into Wells Fargo.
    Your lack of empathy and understanding of disabled employees is alarming.

3. "Good benefits, Bad leadership"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Nusenda full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a good organization that genuinely cares about the well being of it's members and the community. They offer great benefits, including a 401K match and a pension plan. Also, there are many career opportunities from the Teller position all the way to branch management.

Cons

Branches are understaffed. The model they use to determine staffing needs only gets each branch to the bare minimum needed to run efficiently. Branch managers are led by intimidation from district management and expected to do the same with tellers and financial consultants. District management is clueless and stubborn regarding work life balance and opportunities for growth. You are treated poorly for requesting time off and worse if you get sick. As a result, turnover is rampant.

Advice to Management

Work in the trenches with your employees. Only then can you fully understand and appreciate their perspective. Leadership by intimidation does not work and merely leads employees to look elsewhere for work. Staff branches appropriately so your team can have an actual balance of work and life.

"Not a good job for persons with family."

Current Employee - Msr in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Msr in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Nusenda full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Members are nice, they buy you lunch

Cons

Management is very degrading no consideration for family or ability to plan ahead for time off. Overtime expected to work 6 days a week

Advice to Management

Hire better managers that know how to schedule and treat employees like real people.

6. "Human Resource Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Intern in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Nusenda (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff, wonderful work place.

Cons

There where no cons. I loved working with Nusenda Credit Union.

7. "Great place to work if you can conform to their standards"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Nusenda full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great health benefits
    -Professional environment
    -Opportunity for professional growth
    -You work for a company that truly cares about the community and their customers (members)

Cons

-There is absolutely no flexibility in the work environment for branch employees
    - Leadership manages with a top-down approach
    -Opportunity for growth if you know the right people
    -New ideas are difficult and extremely time consuming to implement

Advice to Management

Keep taking ideas from your employees and don't be afraid to lead the way for credit unions in New Mexico in terms of technology and new products/services. Give employees a chance to develop and grow in a career by looking at their skill set before their "years of experience".

8. "Excelllent Company"

Current Employee - Lead Teller in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Nusenda full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great members and people to work with, get to learn a lot of financial products and services, competitive pay, nice, professional office environment

Cons

can be mundane, leadership tends to be uneducated but been with company long, not always knowledgeable.

Advice to Management

educate and train!

9. "A great company to work for"

Former Employee - Marketing in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Marketing in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Nusenda full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay, room for growth, good benefits, pension after 5 years of service.

Cons

Slow to change. Still a bit of a boys club at the top.

10. "Best Place to Work For"

Former Employee - Lead Teller in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Lead Teller in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Nusenda part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is one of the best credit unions I have worked for. The treatment of employees and benefits are excellent. They are constantly striving to grow the company.

Cons

Sometimes working with other employees that were not properly trained made it difficult.

Advice to Management

Allow for employees to continue their growth in other areas and allow for more cross-training.