Nutanix Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Nutanix Founder and CEO Dheeraj Pandey
Dheeraj Pandey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance is also nice with nice coulture" (in 21 reviews)

• "Growing fast, good work culture, amazing work" (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • "you need to use your best judgement to balance work/life balance" (in 27 reviews)

• "General growing company problems - space crunch, lots of internal team shifting, tons of changes" (in 22 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Strap in, hold on, pedal hard... get ready for an amazing ride!"

Pros

-Culture. Such a cliche term, but the people here are genuinely good people, working together to disrupt the IT industry. Not a cut throat environment, we’re all pushing in the same direction.

-Challenge. If you love to be stretched, challenged, trusted, pushed to your limit then you’ll thrive in this company.

-Compensation. Pay is competitive, benefits are covered 100%, stock and ESPP give an added bump.

-Management. There are some really good managers and mentors at Nutanix, if you’re aligned to them then you’ll love your job. The executive leadership of the company is 2nd to none.

Cons

-Culture. If you want structure, clear growth paths, to move up the chain quickly and your value is based on your title and praise... we’re not there yet. Everyone is so focused on getting the work done that we don’t spend a lot of time on employee recognition and development. Career growth and development are pushed by HR but their not structured or adopted enough to be mainstream.

-Challenge. The fast pace and demand is not for the light hearted. If you thrive in that type of environment you’ll be happy here.

-Management. There are a lot of team managers who are stronger individual contributors than they are managers. Advice: really do your homework on who you’ll be reporting to and what their management style is.

Advice to Management

Take a pause and really look at the organizational structure and health of it. An internal audit and development of management skills would be a good exercise to go through. Many are leaving the company or are frustrated at work because of difficult managers.

2. "Recruiter"

I have been working at Nutanix full-time

Pros

Hungry, Humble, Honest with a heart. TEAM

Cons

I have found no cons

"Amazing company with amazing people"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Operations Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Operations Analyst in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Nutanix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've only been here for 1 week so I can't speak to all the pros but the people here have been very welcoming and have taken me in as one of their own.

Cons

None so far that I can think of. I've been coming early so parking isn't much h of an issue

Advice to Management

Keep being a great example to your respective teams

"Enterprise Account Manager"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Nutanix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture and people. Treatment of employees is phenomenal. Fantastic technology with constant, relevant innovation. Sincerely put customers first (which results in very happy customers, the Net Promoter Score has been above 90 for 4 yrs - even with incredible growth with large, demanding customers - which is amazing in the tech space). While there are 12 culture principles that guide us "Nutants" - I won't list them here - I will say the core values of " Hungry, Humble, Honest with Heart" have been evident and on display since I started here in early 2018.

Cons

There are none for me. Honestly. I will say it's extremely challenging due to the noisy market, rapid pace of technology and change rate, and aggressive growth goals Nutanix has as a company. If that's not for you, fair enough, but I get uncomfortable when things are too easy, so I like the challenge.

Advice to Management

None

"Systems Engineer"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at Nutanix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rapid growth and a fast changing environment with a great can-do culture. We have one of the highest customer satisfaction rates in the industry and customers love us.

Cons

With more products comes more complexity. SEs are being asked to be come experts in new areas without all the training needed.

Advice to Management

I'm worried about the move to term licenses and the message it sends to customers, it comes off sounding greedy. As we add new products we need to scale out the overlays to match it, SEs can't be experts in everything.

"Grind"

Current Employee - SRE in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - SRE in Durham, NC

I have been working at Nutanix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people and great benefits, exciting technology.

Cons

You have to be a master generalist - Microsoft, VMware, networking, virtualization, Citrix, storage. It does not matter if you are a junior or senior member on the support team you will get the same level of cases. Virtually no escalation path if you need help. If you come in lower in pay you will grind it out, but favoritism is key so based on your merit it may not be enough to get a raise/promotion. There is a bottleneck in senior support so once you hit a certain level you are stuck there.
    Support is a grind, more work than you can accomplish, so negotiate a good salary coming in to make it worth it.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites and compensate employees well based on the work they are doing.

"incompetent managers!!! they are destroying the company from within."

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Jose, CA

I worked at Nutanix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

excellent technology and CEO, many great technical people. ambitious goals if executed well, will become a big value company if they get their act right in promoting the right people to management..

Cons

senior management preaches something, and managers on the ground are doing something else. just work like crazy and produce code, and you become a manager (darn the quality and darn the happiness of people under that manager). and keep doing the same things more, and you become a director. and keep doing the same things even more, and you become a senior director, and so on. very few good people leaders.

Advice to Management

don't be ignorant of what is happening ... and don't repeat same mistakes again and again.. if competition doesn't kill you, your incompetent managers will surely do..

8. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Nutanix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Innovative company
    Great for entrepreneurs at heart

Cons

None at this point

9. "Account Manager"

I worked at Nutanix full-time

Pros

-Great compensation
    -Great staff and management
    -Great benefits

Cons

Only con I have is there should be higher commission paid.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"A great culture lost"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Nutanix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Amazing products
    * Great people who are enthusiastic about what they do
    * Incredible drive to unseat the giants in the industry
    * CEO people love and respect

Cons

* Politics has taken over
    * If you are not a favorite, you're gone

Advice to Management

You've lost the culture that made Nutanix a truly great place to work. I am not sure it is possible to get it back, but you should try. It's sad to see talented people who were once passionate about the company leaving for reasons other than a new opportunity.