Nutanix Reviews

Updated Jun 5, 2020

3.9
Nutanix Founder and CEO Dheeraj Pandey
Dheeraj Pandey
Pros
  • "Much more an 'Ask for Forgiveness' than 'Request Permission' work culture (a core value is Bias For Action)(in 51 reviews)

• "Free food, breakfast, internet phone bill reimbursements, free cab(in 39 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"5 years in - still loving it!"

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- I work with some seriously AMAZING people! Can't imagine a better group to be around every day -- love meeting - Incredible growth opportunities to build your career - Nutanix really takes care of me -- 100% paid healthcare for me & my family (dental & vision is top notch, too), free massages @ offices, free lunch, ESPP, celebrates many cultural events, invests in learning opportunities.... much, much more. - Leadership is approachable - Phenomenal culture - Super collaborative environment

Cons

- We're growing SO FAST that processes can't always keep up/scale. Need to revamp some of these in order to keep pace with the business -- we aren't a tiny start up anymore! - No 401k match

Nutanix2019-09-26

October 7, 2019

It makes us happy to hear that you've enjoyed your time at Nutanix. It's been quite the journey and we're honored you're a part of the team! We know there can be growing pains associated with our growth these last few years. If you have any recommendations for scaling on the process front, don't hesitate to discuss with your manager. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and for your hard work these past few years!

"Excellent company great technology!"

Current Employee - Nutanix Sales Representative in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The technology remains the best in the business. Companies can save a boatload if they go all in with Nutanix.

Cons

Growing pains as it scales past 6,000 employees.

Nutanix2020-05-26

May 27, 2020The Nutanix Team

We're happy to hear that you're having a positive experience at Nutanix. It makes us smile to know that you're passionate about our technology too. We encourage you to have an open conversation with your manager around the advice to management that you raised. We're always open to constructive dialogue around areas for improvement. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for being a part of our team!

3. "Not the same company I joined"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in America, IL

I worked at Nutanix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits however leadership is steadily reminding us changes must be made.

Cons

1. Leadership appears to only promote friends. 2. You are signed up for so many internal tasks you have no energy left to spend time with customers. 3. Arrogance seems to be a byproduct of the culture promoted. 4. Senior leadership seems to promote a 3 year corporate lifespan.

Nutanix2020-06-05

"Professionalism"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Nutanix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Health Benefits, Free snacks, Swag and catered lunch

Cons

Company's internal professionalism with it's employees and the lack of concern for it's employees wellbeing.

Nutanix2020-05-13

May 14, 2020The Nutanix Team

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We care deeply about the wellbeing of our Nutants. We’re so sorry to hear that this wasn’t your experience during your time at Nutanix. From offering 100% Nutanix-paid health benefits, to a slew of physical and mental health resources, robust learning and development initiatives, and more—we strive to support our Nutants wellbeing at work, and beyond. We know you’ve moved on, but if you’re open to sharing more details, we’d be interested to learn more. Please contact your former manager, HR Business Partner or hr@nutanix.com if you’d like to set up a time to talk. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and best of luck in your new role!

5. "Good"

Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Nutanix full-time

Pros

Good people, and location. Was much better before than it is now

Cons

Oversight from management is all over the place

Nutanix2020-05-15

May 27, 2020The Nutanix Team

Thanks for your review. We’re sorry to hear that your experience with management fell short. Were you able to connect with your manager or our People team to share more details around the challenge you mentioned? We know you’ve moved on from Nutanix. If you’re open to sharing, we’d be keen to learn more. Please reach out to your former manager, People Business Partner or hr@nutanix.com and we’d be happy to set up a time to talk. Best of luck in your next role!

"Fantastic company"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Durham, NC

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Culture, technology, benefits, outlook, and people

Cons

Shifting direction from time to time.

Nutanix2020-04-10

April 10, 2020The Nutanix Team

Thank you for sharing about your experience. We are glad to hear you are enjoying our culture, perks, and people! Thank you for rolling with the punches and embracing getting comfortable being uncomfortable as things change. We are glad to have you on the team!

"#NoThaNX"

1.0
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The only pro with this company is the health benefits.

Cons

For a company with a core value of hating waste, there sure is plenty of it. Redundant and oppositional projects abound. The lack of leadership starts with the CEO, who seems more concerned with people telling him what a visionary he his when, in actuality, he's a bully that doesn't trust the people that he's hired to do their jobs. My time at this company has been riddled with high-level attrition, poor stock price performance, and Machiavellian politics. Even though they have been in business for over 10 years, Nutanix wants to behave as if they're still a startup. It's time to grow up.

Nutanix2020-05-14

May 20, 2020

I've read this a few times and reflected on it. I try every day to balance the big picture with the attention to detail, and I struggle. And hence your struggle with me, as I lose sleep on operational rigor -- and the mundaneness of trust-then-verify. If you're open to discussing directly, I'd appreciate that. Let's take radical candor to the next level. I'm here to learn. I absolutely believe in mixing humility with fierce resolve, but I often fail. The stock price is a case in point. We had to have the resolve to become a cloud-centric company, and subscription was at the core of it. But changing the wings of the plane at 35,000 ft is hard, really hard. It humbles me everyday to realize how hard business model transitions are, and that too as a public company. Dheeraj

"Terrible experience in IT department"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior DevOps Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Nutanix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Diversified but biased multicultural environment. Interesting technology provides stepping stones for upgrading career in computer services support in data centers. Interaction with Engineering departments was very positive.

Cons

* There is no entity to handle issues with incompetent first level management * Nutanix allows discrimination based on age, disability, company politics * profanity level in IT Swamp is higher than in military service * Incentive stock options and last paycheck were stolen * nobody cares if you work overtime * CIO and 2 managers are inhumane. * H-1B visa fraud. * NTNX shareholders are very unhappy with your performance. What's your excuse for it's value to drop bellow IPO three years after CEO rang the bell in NY?

Nutanix2020-05-09

"How lucky I am!"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture Executive Leadership Integrity is a focus

Cons

A bit unpolished on the on-boarding support side.

Nutanix2020-03-23

March 27, 2020The Nutanix Team

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are very proud of our amazing culture and leadership. Please feel free to share with the People team any advice you have on improving the onboarding process. We want to make the process the best we can for all Nutants! We are looking forward to hearing more of your ideas.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is very approachable, Everyone is very experienced and comes with alot of industry knowledge, good company culture, good Benefits

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind.

Nutanix2020-03-24

March 25, 2020The Nutanix Team

Thank you for sharing about your experience at Nutanix. We are so glad you are enjoying our benefits and our people, we might be biased but we think they are pretty great too. Thank you for being a part of our team!

Found 684 reviews