Cover image for Nutanix

Found 1,528 of over 2K reviews

4.2
Nutanix CEO Rajiv Ramaswami
Rajiv Ramaswami

What people are saying about Nutanix

Join the conversation on

Tech

469.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Nutanix~429159
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Nutanix and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

One of the best company

Jan 7, 2022 - Member of Technical Staff-3 in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Brilliant peers, Grads from IIT, IIIT, NIT and prem institutions. Challenging environment Supportive management Exquisite compensation A lot of leaves

Cons

No annual bonuses. Benefits for Indian employees are not same as of US employees.

3 people found this review helpful

The Nutanix Team

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your time at Nutanix. 😊 We do our best to offer a generous and competitive portfolio of compensation and benefits to support the wellbeing and growth of our employees. We strive to hire the best, and we target our pay and benefits to align with this while taking into account fairness, competitiveness and performance. If you'd like to discuss any of your concerns further, please reach out to your manager or People Business Partner to speak. Thanks for being a part of our team.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great culture

Nov 17, 2022 - MTS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of empathy for employees. Leaders are hands on technical strong

Cons

A bit lack of energy due to low price stock

3. Join the Nutanix team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee

Nutanix is a company to consider

Dec 3, 2022 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company has truly compelling technology

Cons

Customer that wants to hire folks that know Nutanix, have a hard time finding them. This lack of resources can be a concern and one that needs to be addressed upfront with a partner or a training program.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love it

Sep 10, 2022 - Senior Account Executive in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

•Great product •Fantastic support and engineering •New leadership and fresh blood that is ready to work to make us more profitable and the best out there! Like everywhere in this great resignation era culture- we have had some turnover. However, I think it was all for the better of the company. The employees that had been here 5+ years had been resting on their laurels - hiding out. Most were not interested in truly digging in and working hard. With new leadership and changes in the sales, marketing, and engineering teams in past 18 months - I think we are going to be even better!

Cons

Change means different process and culture

The Nutanix Team

We love to hear that you're enjoying Nutanix and are feeling excited and inspired about our future - we are too! Thank you for sharing your feedback. Don't hesitate to reach out to your manager or People Business Partner if you'd like to discuss any of your comments further.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Was good

Dec 5, 2022 - Staff Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good architecture and lots of learning

Cons

Cloud was not done right

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

BEWARE - DO YOUR RESEARCH - Culture has soured, poor leadership, attrition, attrition, attrition

Nov 22, 2022 - Sales Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. The technology works 2. Undisputed Best Support in the Industry 3. Solid Engineering 4. Management consists of Master Manipulators

Cons

1. I've never been in a cult or understood how one could get swept up in one but after reflecting on my past here and from my research I believe leadership is cult-like. They tout all the awards for Best Places to work and work life balance, flexibility to work from home but it is all part of the illusion. By working remotely, it is expected that you work even more. Like Big Brother, they have the ability to track everything you do. Don't be surprised if your performance is carefully scrutinized by your manager. 2. There has been a tremendous amount of attrition at all levels, (C-Level, Mid-management, field) 3. With the revolving door of leadership, the direction and vision of the company is lost. The current regimes has mixed all the previous regimes half baked plans together and cobbled a ridiculous amount of KPIs. 4. Having an amazing mature product and top notch world class support, its a shame that marketing is so lack luster and hasn't dialed in the proper messaging after 13 years of Nutanix being in business. Taking into considering the growth of the company, and years of evolving, just over the past few years alone, how come marketing can't get their arms around what they have here? 5. With Nutanix having a channel sales model, this means we sell through third party partners, which one would consider vitality important aspect of the business if we can't sell directly. Unfortunately, like with marketing this model is broken and has been for sometime. Simply put in my humble opinion, to state it is mismanaged, is an understatement. 6. CEO - Nice guy, but is not a charismatic leader. Hard to understand him most of the time. Not the person you want to be the face of the company. 7. Bain Capital 8. DON'T TAKE MY WORD ON ANY OF THIS. A true indicator of a company's health is its perceived value in the market place, thus the company's stock price. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to just look at the company stock price and historical timeline to realize there is significant problems here. The analysts on Wall Street do their investigating, digging and have their ear to the rail. They've done their analysis and have a sense of what's going on. Just for example, when other similar companies stock price rebounded within a few months of Covid hitting the US, why did Nutanix take a year? And now why is it trending close to the Covid low? No one here has an answer, but lots of lip service.

The Nutanix Team

We appreciate your feedback and have shared it with the team. We can feel your frustration and are sorry about your experience. There are always opportunities for us to learn and improve. If you’re open to it, we would welcome a discussion to help us understand more about the challenges you voiced. Please send a note to hr@nutanix.com and we can set up a time for you to speak with someone from our People Team. You may also be interested to know that we recently kicked off Culture Dialogues, an initiative where employees can offer input to shape the evolution of our culture as we work towards our shared company goals and future success. We hope to hear from you soon and we wish you the best in your next role.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Ready to launch into orbit

Oct 13, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Now that the transition to a software subscription company that powers data centers around the globe is completed, and the creation of long-term sustainable profits is headed into orbit, the company is ideally positioned to make some noise on Wall Street. A great work culture and solid senior leadership makes this a great place to work.

Cons

The 401K match is meager - but the FREE/No Cost health care benefit more than makes up for it.

The Nutanix Team

Thank you for the feedback. Let's keep building on our momentum and executing on our big goals! We're grateful that you're a part of our team.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Going downhill. Still decent.

Jul 5, 2022 - Systems Reliability Engineer in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of smart people to work with. Product is recognized in the industry and expertise with Nutanix is sought-after. Starting pay is strong, and healthcare package (as of 2022) is incredibly good, especially for family. Focus is on competency, in North Carolina. Having a fancier degree doesn't get you any more attention/special treatment, and talented folks with less formal credentials get their shot to be experts. Strong social diversity in hiring.

Cons

Nutanix privately sold a bunch of equity to Bain in late 2020, after which things started going downhill: * Within 18 months, SREs were expected to have twice the output, with no compensation changes. * CEO left the company around this time, "totally unrelated." Company doubled down on its aims and rhetoric around becoming profitable. Obviously the company needs to be profitable to survive, but in my opinion they are doing so at the cost of intangibles - customer loyalty, product quality, employee wellness. * Company culture is being gutted if it is not reportable/justifiable. Employees are given less agency and less time to be creative. Middle managers gaslight any employees who point out recent changes. --- GENERAL --- * Salaries are suppressed. I made more money as a recently-hired SRE 2 than several SRE 3s I spoke with, who had stayed at the company 5+ years. * For Support specifically: Middle managers are disorganized and uncoordinated. Support leadership has no agency to secure the needs of the SREs. Healthcare package will likely be watered down within 5 years.

The Nutanix Team

Thank you for the feedback. We’ve shared it with the team. We value employee feedback and encourage our team to share it with their leaders, People Business Partners, and via our employee engagement survey which we use to drive improvement. We do our best to offer generous compensation and benefits to support the growth and wellbeing of our team, while also taking into account fairness, competitiveness and performance. While you’ve moved on from Nutanix, if you’d like to discuss your experience further, please send a note to hr@nutanix.com and we can arrange a time for you to talk with someone from our People Team. We wish you the best in your next chapter.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great benefits and training

Oct 26, 2022 - Customer Service Systems Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

It depends on who your manager is but training and mentorship is great for those coming out of college.

Cons

No 401K match but great medical/dental insurance.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Happy Nutant

Nov 1, 2022 - Resident Consultant in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture and competitive compensation

Cons

Frequent organizational changes and can be slow to promote

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,528 Reviews
</>Embed

Nutanix Reviews FAQs

Nutanix has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 1,797 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Nutanix to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Nutanix employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Nutanix. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

82% of Nutanix employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Nutanix 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Nutanix to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be work life balance, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Nutanix Job Seekers