KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Nutanix

Engaged Employer

Nutanix

Add a Review

Nutanix Employee Reviews about "growing company"

Updated Sep 18, 2021

Found 41 of over 1,441 reviews

4.1
Nutanix CEO Rajiv Ramaswami
Rajiv Ramaswami
Pros
  • "I worked in the Technical Publications team at Nutanix(in 118 reviews)

• "The work culture is excellent, at least in the team that I worked in(in 82 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance can be hard - you have to create your own limits(in 64 reviews)

• "One that I see is the typical challenge of the growing company ,but I am sure the leadership is capable of seeing it through(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Nutanix

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Nutanix and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "growing company"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nutanix has great people, great benefits and a culture that cultivates growth and teamwork

Aug 25, 2021 - Senior Manager, Global Technical Support in Durham, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growing company with a solid management team focused on employee health, company growth, customer satisfaction. Highest NPS in the industry.

Cons

Been working remote for 18 months

5 people found this review helpful

Nutanix Response

The Nutanix Team

We are smiling to know you're enjoying your experience at Nutanix. We appreciate your grit in embracing working remotely during the pandemic. We hope we can safely reopen our offices soon 🙂

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Still a good company

Jul 31, 2021 - SMTS Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Smart people and good technology 2. Good direction on production

Cons

1. Too much work and slow hiring 2. Some politics surge as the company grows.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

best place to work

Oct 19, 2020 - Senior Engineering Manager in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

a lot of interesting work, leader in HCI. growing company it terms of stocks

Cons

trying too many things in cloud infra.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work!

Aug 27, 2019 - Sales Enablement Manager in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing technology, Open work culture, empowering leadership team, ongoing opportunity and growth, competitive pay & benefits, good training, satisfied clients

Cons

Fast growing company that is in transition to keep up with change

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company on the whole

May 15, 2016 - Consulting Architect in Milpitas, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stellar benefits (except no 401K match, which is SHOCKING). Free healthcare (in-network only), unlimited PTO, weekly free massages, free hot lunches, and unlimited free snacks. Extremely smart and talented people. Low performers (both execs and individual contributors) DO get fired. Lots of creative thinking. Very collaborative environment. Easy to move between positions, and promotions are common. Very honest and high integrity both internally and when dealing with customers.

Cons

Zero 401K match, more and more red tape as the company grows, zero cash bonuses, and getting more skimpy on stock grants. Product quality is suffering as more features get added, but they don't fix bugs in existing features. Bug fixes/enhancements get very low priority. Engineering seems to listen less to customers and others in the company regarding integration, bug fixes, and usability features. Road warrior program only targets a small subset of employees, and even those that travel weekly or attend Nutanix events can't take advantage of the benefits.

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Once in a lifetime experience

Sep 14, 2015 - Member Of Technical Staff in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined when the company about 350 employees. I knew I found a gem when the CEO recognized my new face the first time I see him in the kitchen on my 2nd day. 1. Very open and transparent culture, even there has been increasing hierarchy due to growth, higher management remain friendly accessible to all employees. 2. Visionary and very inspiring leaders from top to bottom. 3. It gives you a dream (and wings), the place is full of people who care about their job, filled with passion and energy. 4. Have some really smart engineers. 5. Your hard work never go unnoticed, you always get rewarded for the hard work you do, and most importantly you feel you are an important contributor.

Cons

Not really cons that I can think of, If I have to nitpick, it's the somehow chaotic process as the company grows that frustrates me from time to time, but it's a normal thing for a company growing at this peace, I have faith that we will figure out a good process that works for us together. And it's actually a experience to have to go through this phase.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Adjustments Needed

Jan 20, 2019 - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay Free lunches Great product Nice and hard working people from the director level and below Unlimited PTO

Cons

Some of the new executive team in both marketing and sales are disconnected from the rest of the company. A majority of the sales team are not hitting their numbers and the marketing structure needs a refresh. As the company grows, the resources are starting to diminish but the demands continue to grow.

25 people found this review helpful
    8. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Product, Good Company, Terrible Low Level Mgmt

Nov 18, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good product, focused strategy and bright future. Good exec mgmt, and engineering leadership. Innovative engineering talent, great marketing. Good benefits.

Cons

Inexperienced low level managers, who are only interested in promoting themselves, not their team. The Company has fallen into the trap of promoting people into management positions because they were very good technically and/or joined the company early on. I saw 3 people quit in 9 months because of the manager issue. Below industry average pay with the carrot of pre- IPO stock options. Pockets of arrogance throughout company. No 401k match. No exit interview? I guess they did not want to hear criticism. Lots of work to do, but that is what you should expect at a small growing company.

14 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Best place I've ever worked

Nov 17, 2015 - SRE in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting dynamic company that is disrupting the datacenter. Outstanding employee healthcare benefits. Highly intelligent co-workers, and a collaborative, supportive work environment. Endless opportunities to learn and grow and develop within the company. Strong focus on employee recognition and work-life balance. Lots of flexibility in work schedule.

Cons

Nothing significant. Typical facility issues related to a fast growing company such as conference rooms that aren't big enough to hold an entire team. Not a negative really, just a fact of life. The free lunches and snacks are making my pants tight?

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

A whirlwind experience

Jul 28, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Since Nutanix is a growing company, there are plenty of opportunities. Nutanix offers a lot of great benefits including fully covered medical for us and our families and other great benefits. I find upper management to be approachable and very knowledgeable in their fields. I'm always excited to see what we're doing next and all of the new faces that we have in the company.

Cons

For some it might be a challenge to get used to a worldwide tech company and being available 24/7 but I don't consider it a con.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 41 Reviews