KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Nutanix

Engaged Employer

Nutanix

Add a Review

Nutanix Employee Reviews about "nutanix"

Updated Nov 15, 2021

Found 118 of over 1,440 reviews

4.1
Nutanix CEO Rajiv Ramaswami
Rajiv Ramaswami
Pros
  • "I worked in the Technical Publications team at Nutanix(in 118 reviews)

• "The work culture is excellent, at least in the team that I worked in(in 82 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance can be hard - you have to create your own limits(in 64 reviews)

• "One that I see is the typical challenge of the growing company ,but I am sure the leadership is capable of seeing it through(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Nutanix

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Nutanix and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "nutanix"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Employment Benefits

Nov 15, 2021 - Member Of Technical Staff in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nutanix has one of the best employee benefits I have seen in industry

Cons

None that I can think of. Of course every team in every company has it's own issues but that is across industry. Not specific to Nutanix.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good place to work!

Nov 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at Nutanix is great!

Cons

There are no cons currently.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

I love working at Nutanix

Oct 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I loved working at Nutanix, they had the best perks and benefits I had ever seen at a company.

Cons

Like any company when growing, politics come into play and the culture changes. Just the nature of company growth from startup to public.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

SRE

Oct 7, 2021 - SRE Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nutanix is a good place to work

Cons

currently none at the moment

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Be comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Sep 17, 2021 - Senior Systems Reliability Engineer in Durham, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great company with great benefits. - Ability to work remote is a major plus. - Care of Health, Family and Work/Life Balance is encouraged. - There are many intellectual engineers working alongside you and available to learn from or ask for assistance. - Automation Tools are continually being worked on to improve workflow and improve the case lifecycle for both engineers and customers. - Management listens to engineers for ideas on how to improve the structure or workflows within Support itself in addition to the product. - Training and learning is valued and opportunity for it is provided. - Virtual teams of engineers with different specialties are available to ask for help if/when working on something new. - There are many opportunities to collaborate and/or increase organizational visibility within the company. - Great and diverse culture consisting of genuine people. - Nutanix is the leader in the HCI market space and regularly incorporating new features and products into their suite of offerings.

Cons

- Support structure is still flat and case routing is still improving, therefore it is still possible to end up with cases for features/products with which one lacks familiarity. - Remote collaboration can be tough, especially if unfamiliar with the product/feature being addressed. - Feature bloat and rushed integration lends itself to bugs/cases that could have been avoided if more time was spent during the verification/testing phase. This can also lead to instances where documentation can be scarce.

The Nutanix Team

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your time at Nutanix. We encourage you to reach out to your manager or People Business Partner if you'd like to have an open discussion around any challenges and areas you see for improvement. We're always keen to learn more. Thanks for being a part of the team.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Come here to play a long game

Aug 24, 2021 - Senior Systems Engineer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Best health plan in the industry - Competitive pay - Product keeps getting better - Work/life balance is great - Develops product faster than any company I've ever worked for - Sales and SE org have some fantastic management Nutanix is one of a very few companies that seems to be able to change rapidly with the market, rather than sticking to its original concept. This means that you'll have to be able to accept change, accept that not everyone knows what they're doing, and take a long view of the future. This isn't for everyone. Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and force things to happen if they really need doing. I worked at VMware for a decade and grew to hate it under the Dell yoke, and it gives me great pleasure to take millions of dollars of business away from them. Nutanix has made VMware largely irrelevant - but that isn't something the market writ large is aware of yet, which presents a big opportunity. Part of the fun of working here is knowing you are disrupting the ancient Dell/EMC/VMware/etc business model and trust-busting by kicking them out of incumbent accounts.

Cons

- Things will break, releases will be delayed, and this can be stressful. - Sales leadership will make some questionable calls at times. - Some internal events and trainings will include cringey, oversimplified content. - Dead weight and coasters are hidden here and there, and occasionally you will have to do someone else's job for them. - Corporate ladder climbers won't like Nutanix as much - career development paths aren't well defined and you'll have to forge your own path. Their attempts at diversity and inclusion are a waste of resources, and you will find yourself creating an email filter to avoid the spam from the small and irritating contingent of wokies who think their workplace should be like their Twitter feed. Animosity towards white and Asian employees is palpable from these cretins, although they are almost all in California and easily ignored.

4 people found this review helpful

The Nutanix Team

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to know that you're enjoying your time at Nutanix overall. We strive to foster an inclusive and harmonious workplace for all our employees and encourage our team to bring concerns forward. If you have not already done so, please connect with your manager or People Business Partner to discuss your concerns in more detail. Thanks and we hope to hear from you soon.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work.

Aug 20, 2021 - SRE Engineer in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nutanix has a Great work culture, lot to learn, teammates are helpful, best benefits. Support role is stressful but you get help.

Cons

Low salary compared to market. Management has changed. Lot of SrSREs have left recently so more work load and stress on others.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

It was great....a few years ago.

Jul 14, 2021 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

In general, Nutanix is a good place to work. You absolutely cannot beat the benefits - 100% fully paid medial, dental, vision. Unlimited PTO. Competitive compensation. Generous paid holiday policy (they added Juneteenth to the list). All of these perks make it very difficult to leave the company, especially if you have a family. However, this is not the same company that I started working for a few years ago. The culture has completely changed and cultural values aren't even mentioned anymore. I can only speak to my experience within the marketing org, but since we lost some of our senior leaders, the marketing team has become a difficult org to navigate. People are leaving almost every week. The wrong people were put in place to fill leadership gaps. It's become all about performance and reducing spend and less about the joy and passion of the work. I didn't feel like I was treated like a person while I worked on this team. I got the sense that leadership felt that I, and many others, were entirely replaceable. When asked about the rapid rate at which people were leaving the marketing team, our CMO said that he thought it was a good thing and that if people didn't want to work for the company, then they should move on and create openings for others to move into. The company promotes from within, but unfortunately, that's not always a good thing. People are given vanity promotions and title upgrades to encourage them to stay, and they are put in leadership positions that they are not qualified for. My manager was incredibly inexperienced. The company says all the right things to push work-life balance, but it did not feel like it was truly encouraged by marketing leadership. It seemed like waking up early in the morning and signing off late at night were encouraged and expected. Budgets for marketing were nearly cut in half, but teams were expected to produce the same amount of work and increase performance with limited financial and people resources.

Cons

Wrong people in leadership positions within marketing. Vanity promotions. No employer match for 401k and no bonuses.

8 people found this review helpful

The Nutanix Team

Thank you very much for your contributions to Nutanix over the years, and for your candid feedback. Our philosophy is to promote based on merit and we regret that your perception was different. We are also focused on career advancement, and believe the best talent is our own. We’re sorry that your overall experience didn’t line up with these philosophies and we are definitely taking your feedback to heart. We know you're no longer with Nutanix, but if you're open to a confidential conversation to help us learn more, we'd welcome the chance to talk. Send a note to hr@nutanix.com and we can arrange a time. Thanks again for the feedback. We wish you the best in whatever comes next.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company to Work for

Jun 15, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Opportunity to sell the best software offerings on the market with the ability to partner with any hardware OEM or hyper scaler which gives our customers many different options to consume nutanix. Best support and resources in the industry. We have happy customers who constantly advocate on our behalf.

Cons

We are a disruptive to technology to the old way of thinking. Not everyone is ready for the cloud journey.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great place to work

May 26, 2021 - Sales in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, good leadership. good product. Customer love nutanix.

Cons

Not profitable. How long can that be?

1 person found this review helpful