KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Nutanix

Engaged Employer

Nutanix

Add a Review

Nutanix Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 2, 2021

Found 142 of over 1,447 reviews

4.1
Nutanix CEO Rajiv Ramaswami
Rajiv Ramaswami
Pros
  • "I worked in the Technical Publications team at Nutanix(in 118 reviews)

• "The work culture is excellent, at least in the team that I worked in(in 82 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance can be hard - you have to create your own limits(in 64 reviews)

• "One that I see is the typical challenge of the growing company ,but I am sure the leadership is capable of seeing it through(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Nutanix

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Nutanix and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Be comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Sep 17, 2021 - Senior Systems Reliability Engineer in Durham, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great company with great benefits. - Ability to work remote is a major plus. - Care of Health, Family and Work/Life Balance is encouraged. - There are many intellectual engineers working alongside you and available to learn from or ask for assistance. - Automation Tools are continually being worked on to improve workflow and improve the case lifecycle for both engineers and customers. - Management listens to engineers for ideas on how to improve the structure or workflows within Support itself in addition to the product. - Training and learning is valued and opportunity for it is provided. - Virtual teams of engineers with different specialties are available to ask for help if/when working on something new. - There are many opportunities to collaborate and/or increase organizational visibility within the company. - Great and diverse culture consisting of genuine people. - Nutanix is the leader in the HCI market space and regularly incorporating new features and products into their suite of offerings.

Cons

- Support structure is still flat and case routing is still improving, therefore it is still possible to end up with cases for features/products with which one lacks familiarity. - Remote collaboration can be tough, especially if unfamiliar with the product/feature being addressed. - Feature bloat and rushed integration lends itself to bugs/cases that could have been avoided if more time was spent during the verification/testing phase. This can also lead to instances where documentation can be scarce.

The Nutanix Team

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your time at Nutanix. We encourage you to reach out to your manager or People Business Partner if you'd like to have an open discussion around any challenges and areas you see for improvement. We're always keen to learn more. Thanks for being a part of the team.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Come here to play a long game

Aug 24, 2021 - Senior Systems Engineer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Best health plan in the industry - Competitive pay - Product keeps getting better - Work/life balance is great - Develops product faster than any company I've ever worked for - Sales and SE org have some fantastic management Nutanix is one of a very few companies that seems to be able to change rapidly with the market, rather than sticking to its original concept. This means that you'll have to be able to accept change, accept that not everyone knows what they're doing, and take a long view of the future. This isn't for everyone. Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and force things to happen if they really need doing. I worked at VMware for a decade and grew to hate it under the Dell yoke, and it gives me great pleasure to take millions of dollars of business away from them. Nutanix has made VMware largely irrelevant - but that isn't something the market writ large is aware of yet, which presents a big opportunity. Part of the fun of working here is knowing you are disrupting the ancient Dell/EMC/VMware/etc business model and trust-busting by kicking them out of incumbent accounts.

Cons

- Things will break, releases will be delayed, and this can be stressful. - Sales leadership will make some questionable calls at times. - Some internal events and trainings will include cringey, oversimplified content. - Dead weight and coasters are hidden here and there, and occasionally you will have to do someone else's job for them. - Corporate ladder climbers won't like Nutanix as much - career development paths aren't well defined and you'll have to forge your own path. Their attempts at diversity and inclusion are a waste of resources, and you will find yourself creating an email filter to avoid the spam from the small and irritating contingent of wokies who think their workplace should be like their Twitter feed. Animosity towards white and Asian employees is palpable from these cretins, although they are almost all in California and easily ignored.

4 people found this review helpful

The Nutanix Team

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to know that you're enjoying your time at Nutanix overall. We strive to foster an inclusive and harmonious workplace for all our employees and encourage our team to bring concerns forward. If you have not already done so, please connect with your manager or People Business Partner to discuss your concerns in more detail. Thanks and we hope to hear from you soon.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Challenging work, great technology & good people

Jul 29, 2021 - Manager in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging work that pushed me to my limit Autonomy & ability to self-direct your success Big company with a small company feel Established company with opportunities to build (at least on my team) Stellar benefits (the best I've had in my 15+ year career) Strong technology solutions & loyal customers who love us

Cons

Work life balance can be hard - you have to create your own limits Lack of diversity - especially at the manager and executive level Slow to promote deserving people (at least on my team) Growing pains typical of fast grown companies Not yet profitable

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great people. Great Benefits. Awful commercial leadership.

May 24, 2021 - Sales in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people with lots of Talent and Passion Generous benefits Good work/life balance Good products Overall this has been a good company to work for. As stated, there are a lot of great people who work here, lots a talent across multiple organizations and groups.

Cons

AWFUL COMMERCIAL LEADERSHIP - Possibly the worst I've ever worked with. Their vision and messaging is unclear and changes constantly. The leadership is ineffective, toxic, top-heavy and only looking out for "their" number, they really do not care about the Sales Reps, leading to some of the highest turnover I've seen. Constantly changing compensation plans based on a bloated portfolio of products that don't fully integrate with each other. Little to no territory/regional direction or support. You are left on an island to "build your business" - Of course it's only "your" business until your territory changes, get's chopped in half, or they decide the account now belongs to a different vertical. 95% of enablement amounts to people reading power point presentations . ABC Mouse has more engaging content.

8 people found this review helpful

The Nutanix Team

We appreciate the feedback and are sorry that your experience fell short on the leadership front. We realize you're no longer at Nutanix, but if you are open to it, we'd be interested to speak with you to learn more about the challenges you raised. If you're open to a conversation with someone from our People team, please send a note to hr@nutanix.com and we can set up time to speak. We hope to hear from you soon and we wish you the best in your next role.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great culture and managers

Nov 26, 2021 - PR Specialist in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance and room to grow on your team

Cons

paused promotions/salary raises due to COVID

6. 2.0

lacking in vision

Oct 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some very smart and friendly colleagues make working here bearable. Work life balance is good. Salary is just ok - good but not great. Benefits are excellent.

Cons

Product is clunky and junky. Leadership lacks vision. Individual contributors are invisible.

2 people found this review helpful

The Nutanix Team

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about some of the challenges you mentioned. We realize you have moved on from Nutanix, but if you'd like to discuss your challenges to help us understand more, we'd welcome a conversation. You can reach out to hr@nutanix.com to set up a time with our People Team. We hope to hear from you soon and we wish you the best of luck in whatever comes next for you!

7. 4.0

Great environment

Oct 28, 2021 - MTS-2 Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment. Everyone is helpful. Good work life balance

Cons

Sometimes feel not enough company perks.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

It was great....a few years ago.

Jul 14, 2021 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

In general, Nutanix is a good place to work. You absolutely cannot beat the benefits - 100% fully paid medial, dental, vision. Unlimited PTO. Competitive compensation. Generous paid holiday policy (they added Juneteenth to the list). All of these perks make it very difficult to leave the company, especially if you have a family. However, this is not the same company that I started working for a few years ago. The culture has completely changed and cultural values aren't even mentioned anymore. I can only speak to my experience within the marketing org, but since we lost some of our senior leaders, the marketing team has become a difficult org to navigate. People are leaving almost every week. The wrong people were put in place to fill leadership gaps. It's become all about performance and reducing spend and less about the joy and passion of the work. I didn't feel like I was treated like a person while I worked on this team. I got the sense that leadership felt that I, and many others, were entirely replaceable. When asked about the rapid rate at which people were leaving the marketing team, our CMO said that he thought it was a good thing and that if people didn't want to work for the company, then they should move on and create openings for others to move into. The company promotes from within, but unfortunately, that's not always a good thing. People are given vanity promotions and title upgrades to encourage them to stay, and they are put in leadership positions that they are not qualified for. My manager was incredibly inexperienced. The company says all the right things to push work-life balance, but it did not feel like it was truly encouraged by marketing leadership. It seemed like waking up early in the morning and signing off late at night were encouraged and expected. Budgets for marketing were nearly cut in half, but teams were expected to produce the same amount of work and increase performance with limited financial and people resources.

Cons

Wrong people in leadership positions within marketing. Vanity promotions. No employer match for 401k and no bonuses.

8 people found this review helpful

The Nutanix Team

Thank you very much for your contributions to Nutanix over the years, and for your candid feedback. Our philosophy is to promote based on merit and we regret that your perception was different. We are also focused on career advancement, and believe the best talent is our own. We’re sorry that your overall experience didn’t line up with these philosophies and we are definitely taking your feedback to heart. We know you're no longer with Nutanix, but if you're open to a confidential conversation to help us learn more, we'd welcome the chance to talk. Send a note to hr@nutanix.com and we can arrange a time. Thanks again for the feedback. We wish you the best in whatever comes next.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

They provide many amenities to their employees but not much room for growth for facilities staff

Jun 21, 2021 - Receptionist in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun work environment, they really take of their employees and it’s a good work-life balance.

Cons

Rare opportunity to move up.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company to work for

Apr 24, 2021 - Architect in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Quality, industry leading products, empathetic management, good work-life balance. Best health care insurance that I have ever heard of in all my years working in tech

Cons

Stock price is a laggard. Hope the new management is able to fix it.

1 person found this review helpful