Nutrabolt Reviews

Updated Jan 18, 2021

4.1
Nutrabolt  CEO Doss Cunningham  (no image)
Doss Cunningham
Pros
Cons
  • "fast-paced; short staffed in some areas(in 11 reviews)

• "Nutrabolt has its growing pains like any other relatively new company(in 8 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"It's a special place"

Current Employee - Did Not Disclose

I have been working at Nutrabolt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People-first organization that listens to their employees and responds to feedback. Leadership team is connected to their departments and very accessible. Everyone works hard to grow our brands and that energy makes it fun to show up to work each day. The company has done a good job lately breaking down walls between the departments and despite the remote working, it has made the company stronger and has everybody marching in the same direction towards the same goals.

Cons

fast-paced; short staffed in some areas

"Future is Bright"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Nutrabolt full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Talented team with a strategic long term view. Resilient to external challenges and responsive to change Amazing brands with great corporate culture Incredible learning experience

Cons

Ambitious and numerous growth goals

Continue reading

"Mean Girls run the show"

1.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Nutrabolt full-time

Pros

Great products and great swag.

Cons

Most companies are run by the CEO, but not this one. The Chief People Officer is in charge, make no mistake. They have frequent layoffs for nebulous reasons and then just turn around and replace them with more victims. Win over the CPO and you will be safe for a while. It's absolutely NUTS in this place!

4. COVID-19

"Never want to leave!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Nutrabolt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you're thinking of working at Nutrabolt, you definitely should! One of my favorite parts of the company is that I get to see life outside of my department. I have gained beneficial experience by being able to jump into projects outside of my direct job description. Nutrabolt has great benefits between unlimited vacation time, the ability to work remotely (which has been key during the COVID-19 pandemic), and free products - to name a few! Our CEO is very in touch and visible to the business. Since we are working remotely right now, we have calls with him twice a week to discuss business updates and ask any questions we have. Specific to the COVID-19 pandemic, the company has handled this extremely well. We had some layoffs and furloughs to keep our business afloat, but I trust leadership and their decisions. We were one of the first in Austin to go remote and they set us up for success to do so. I feel supported in working from home and know that when we do get asked to come back into the office, that safety will be their #1 concern. I have grown in my career here and have no plans to leave anytime soon.

Cons

You work really hard. There are weeks where I put in 50-60 hours, but am passionate about the working i'm doing which helps. If you want to get paid and be a sub-par employee, this isn't the place for you. It's also very fast-paced. If you prefer structure and process, you may struggle. However, this could actually be a pro! The business isn't set in it's ways and is nimble as new opportunities present themselves.

"Decent"

4.0
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX

I worked at Nutrabolt full-time

Pros

Free product was given monthly. Understanding management + PTO requests

Cons

Undervalued, often felt invisible... which is okay for heads down work.

"Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at Nutrabolt full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nutrabolt has been Great! From the interview process to the on boarding and training.

Cons

I can not think of any cons.

7. COVID-19

"COVID-19 Response"

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Nutrabolt full-time for more than a year

Pros

The leadership team was very pro-active in taking precautions BEFORE it was required by the government. The transition of most of the company working in an office to going 100% remote was practically seamless. The flexibility in schedules has allowed working parents to tend to their children and loved ones. Leadership and employees are quick to react and are resilient when faced with change and challenges. The HR team has continued to provide an updated resource guide to insure employees of all levels are taken care of. It is very clear the best interest of the employees is at heart with every decision the leadership team makes.

Cons

Some may call it a con, I call it a pro...Nutrabolt is a very fast paced and ever growing company. I believe this aspect of our culture prepared us to be successful in this "new normal".

"Awesome Company!"

I worked at Nutrabolt full-time

Pros

Great culture! Nutrabolt is a fun and motivating place to work - work hard play hard! There is a lot of high talent across the organization and the company highly encourages personal and professional development. You will be challenged!

Cons

Poor cross-functional communication and alignment

"Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bryan, TX

I worked at Nutrabolt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, great culture, amazing coworkers

Cons

Easy to get lost in the shuffle. Upper Management communication sometimes difficult

"Best company to work for!"

Current Employee - Sales Operations Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Nutrabolt full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nutrabolt takes care of employees more than I've seen with any other company. From unlimited PTO, free lunch, travel opportunities and most importantly: room for growth, Nutrabolt continues to go above and beyond! I feel so blessed to have found this company.

Cons

As expected with a desk job, I am less active than when I worked in the gym industry, however, Nutrabolt still finds a way to challenge employees with the Fit4UChallenge =)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 82 English Reviews