Nutrisystem Reviews in Fort Washington, PA | Glassdoor

Fort Washington, PA

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dawn M. Zier

Pros
  • Great benefits, including product discounts (in 8 reviews)

• I have met some really great people during my (almost) 3 years here (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • This is a good company if your not in the call center (in 11 reviews)

• Customer service calls on the sales line impacts conversion and makes that monthly goal unreasonable (in 11 reviews)

1. "Public Relations Intern"

Former Intern - Public Relations Intern in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Intern - Public Relations Intern in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Nutrisystem as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

As an intern I was exposed to many different projects the PR department was working on. Everyone communicates well with each other and it is an extremely pleasant working environment. They also do many events for employees throughout the year to show their appreciation and bring everyone together and almost all events give back to the community some how whether it is through a fundraiser, volunteering or supporting a local cause.
    Additionally, their CEO is incredible, I found her really inspiring and genuine.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Jun 26, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thanks so much for the feedback. I'm so happy that you found value in your Internship. We hope we worked you hard, but you learned even more! Best wishes in school. Please keep Nutrisystem in ... More

2. "Great place"

Current Employee - Counselor in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Counselor in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like helping customers and seeing them succeed. My supervisor is very helpful cares about my performance. I am always aware of my performance and understand how to improve. This job is not for everyone, you need to be able to be professional and be able to multi-task.

Cons

Some customers can be difficult to deal with but that is with any job where you help the public.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! The perfect attendance incentive is great!

Jun 26, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the great feedback. Keep communication going with your Supervisor to talk about your next career move. We will keep offering incentives rewarding great behavior! Best wishes in your ... More

3. "Believe to Achieve!"

Current Employee - Sales Supervisor in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working hard, having empathy and being creative are welcomed

Cons

I don't have any...I appreciate my opportunity

Advice to Management

10+yrs employed at Nutrisystem in the Contact Center. Started my career as a sales rep and was able to grow into Leadership role.
    The daily thrill of helping one begin their weight loss journey, along with being able to earn a competitive living, continously helps me bring a positive energy level. Furthermore, being able to help cultivate one's sales ability to adapt to a unique and fulfilling industry keeps me motivated every day.
    Constant feedback and creativity are welcomed and appreciated, which can be injected into the evolution of Team and Dept.

Jun 26, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Your story is an inspiration, thanks for sharing! We are grateful to have excellent Leaders, like yourself. Best wishes in Diet Season!

4. "Supervisor"

Current Employee - Sales Supervisor in Fort Washington, PA

Pros

Has been the best decision in my career to join the Nutrisystem Team. The Contact Center is well run, organized and filled with positive energy. Lots of activities for the reps throughout the year. Contests, incentives, bonuses. Very happy to be a part of the NS family!

Cons

Have not had any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

May 25, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the insight on Nutrisystem! We appreciate your hard work & dedication.

5. "Sales Supervisor"

Current Employee - Sales Supervisor in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong, experienced management team available to mentor at every level of the Contact Center. Tremendous inside sales opportunity for motivated professionals. Company continues to GROW!

Cons

Hours can be long (but are rewarding!)

Jun 8, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate your commitment to your team and your department.

6. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nutrisystem is a friendly, welcoming, challenging (in a good way!) place to work. It is always busy, and you are learning new things every single day. There is virtually no micromanagement, and you have the freedom to try new things. The culture is also very encouraging. Top management is always seeking out ways to improve the company, and make/keep its employees happy. This is a great place for people who really want to be challenged, work hard, and develop their skills. Benefits and pay are also very competitive.

Cons

Cross-departmental communication could be better, but that is with any professional environment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

May 24, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the feedback. We encourage you to keep providing feedback to our Leadership team,so we can continuously improve. Best wishes in your current role!

7. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Non-Contact Center in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Non-Contact Center in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nutrisystem is a great place to work. The company values their employees and have great perk for them. If you have an issue that can't be resolved within your department, the HR team is great at facilitating resolution to employee concerns.

Everyone is willing to help you be successful in your job.

Cons

Can't think of anything negative.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

May 23, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the great feedback! Looking forward to celebrating all of our employees at our Summer Party!

8. "Counselor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Nutrisystem full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good if you work on the upper floor.

Cons

A lot more cons with the company than pros. The counseling department is the go to for everything yet we get paid the same now as customer service. We have company incentives which are great but they take away our breaks to make up for the lost time. However they have some people that are off the phones ALL day decorating the department which makes it look childish. Meanwhile we are holding calls. Only about 10% of calls are counseling the rest are customer service. They train you a lot how to handle situations but you are really just a glorified CS rep. This is a good company if your not in the call center. Most of the people that call in don't want to read the tracker and expect you do hold their hands. I'm glad I left because I honestly started to feel depressed. Call centers arnt for everyone but this one is worse and more transparent than others. It is known that you are easily replaceable. Other departments like sales just let you deal with the problems they create. They also try to coach you but it's more of just if you don't do this you get written up. Management tells you good luck getting jobs outside of NS. NO room for growth unless you move to a different department upstairs. Oh and you have to work a weekend day each week.

Advice to Management

Don't let people stay off the phone all day do decorate the department. Actually allow room for growth

Jun 15, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the response. It’s important that we address some of your concerns, as we want to accurately reflect the culture of our team. The Counseling team is trained to handle multiple functions ... More

9. "Nutrisystem provides it all!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nutrisystem probably the most friendly work environments out of any company I've ever worked for. The employees, especially my team, were extremely welcoming and were willing to guide me through all of the jumps and obstacles during my first few months. I've been working here a little less than a year, but I feel like I've worked here for years! They provide great training upon hiring, the interview process was made easy and stress free, and people are always willing to answer your questions. It's a great company to work for, whether you're starting your first job or 20 years into your career.

Cons

We don't have a lot of time with the contact center (sales, customer service, retention, etc.). There is a little bit of a gap between the floors and sometimes it feels as if there are some serious alliances between the floors, but some of that is circumstantial.

Advice to Management

For the future, please try to bridge the gap between the contact center and other floors.

May 8, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thanks so much for your feedback. We appreciate your suggestion for improvement within the call center. We are always looking for ideas on how to improve communication and efficiency within our ... More

"Not a long term place"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Counselor in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Counselor in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job is simple yet overwhelming. A lot of overtime offered from Jan-April, PTO days, Night pay differential. Good temporary position until you find something else.

Cons

As a weight loss counselor you're doing everyone's job and not getting paid enough. You take on the role as sales, retention, customer service, IT for Nutrisystem Numi app, weight loss counselor, and manager because managers encourage you to de-escalate calls by lying to customers saying they are unavailable since they never get on the phone. You start to feel depressed because you can not get two days off in a row so it feels like your life is nothing but work, management encourages shift swaps but coworkers usually do not want to switch. Besides the phone calls managers are constantly on your back about metrics/call lengths and surveys that cut off before the customer can take it. Customers are usually upset about false information they're given to join the program by sales reps and weight loss counselors are to hear the complaints when the problem could be resolved if sales reps were trained better. The breaks could also be a little longer since being on the phone is so exhausting, and raises are little to none.

Advice to Management

Improve the company then maybe the turnover rate would not be so high

Apr 20, 2017 – HR Director

The weight loss counseling position is a role that wears many hats. We train our counselors to assist customers with questions on the program, motivation, goal-setting, sales, retention and customer ... More