Nutrisystem Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dawn M. Zier

Pros
  • I have also found it very refreshing to realize that this level of hard work is seen from the top down (in 7 reviews)

• I help people to feel better about themselves (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • This is one understaffed call center for the entire country and there is very little cooperation across departments (in 10 reviews)

• Customer service calls on the sales line impacts conversion and makes that monthly goal unreasonable (in 9 reviews)

"Call Center"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Customers can be difficult, but really like helping people. Nice managers. Nice coworkers.

Cons

Better training once on the floor. Having to take other department calls.

Mar 9, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for the great review!

2. "Not a long term place"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Counselor in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Counselor in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job is simple yet overwhelming. A lot of overtime offered from Jan-April, PTO days, Night pay differential. Good temporary position until you find something else.

Cons

As a weight loss counselor you're doing everyone's job and not getting paid enough. You take on the role as sales, retention, customer service, IT for Nutrisystem Numi app, weight loss counselor, and manager because managers encourage you to de-escalate calls by lying to customers saying they are unavailable since they never get on the phone. You start to feel depressed because you can not get two days off in a row so it feels like your life is nothing but work, management encourages shift swaps but coworkers usually do not want to switch. Besides the phone calls managers are constantly on your back about metrics/call lengths and surveys that cut off before the customer can take it. Customers are usually upset about false information they're given to join the program by sales reps and weight loss counselors are to hear the complaints when the problem could be resolved if sales reps were trained better. The breaks could also be a little longer since being on the phone is so exhausting, and raises are little to none.

Advice to Management

Improve the company then maybe the turnover rate would not be so high

Apr 20, 2017 – HR Director

The weight loss counseling position is a role that wears many hats. We train our counselors to assist customers with questions on the program, motivation, goal-setting, sales, retention and customer ... More

3. "Customer service representative"

I worked at Nutrisystem full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ok pay. Has fun parties.

Cons

No employee consideration. A lot of missing communication for customers from each rep.

Advice to Management

Work with your employees, they may last longer.

Apr 17, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. Employee communication is a strong area of focus for our Contact Center employees to ensure they are prepared to support our customers. We utilize an electronic ... More

5. "sales reps beware"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Nutrisystem full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice building and facilities.. can make pretty good money if can navigate through all the tricky standards.

Cons

from what I've observed, the method is for few reps to keep their employment for over a year. Plenty of nice and reasonably talented people come and go on a regular basis as the company uses a variety of excuses to terminate them. When you see a sales floor of 70 reps and only ten have been there more than a year and its a nice paying job, it sums up what is happening here.

Advice to Management

you have a good product and want to treat your customers properly. Why not treat your sales reps properly and stop the parade of new people coming in continuously? These reps have families as you do and deserve better than being kicked to the curb so often. Shame on you for your practices with your sales reps.

Mar 27, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear that you feel the earning potential is strong. We agree. Our sales team has a generous, performance based commission plan, with unlimited earning ... More

6. "Excellent Company"

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked from small to large companies and I must say that Nutrisystem is one of the best companies I have the pleasure to work for. Management listens to its employee's and actually cares.... something you do not find at very large companies.
    Not only do I enjoy my job but I also enjoy working with such a great group of people.

Cons

Do not have any con's to report

Advice to Management

Change nothing...keep doing what you are doing

Jan 27, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for the great feedback!

7. "Do more, work harder and get no recognition for it"

Current Employee - Counselor in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Counselor in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very pleasant employees and friendly clients on a day to day basis.

Cons

Although dealing with clients on the phone back to back everyday (all day) can get exhausting, it doesn't help that management could care less. They never show appreciation for the hard work the employees put in. Instead they send us weekly scorecards showing what you need to improve on. For example, if you need to use the restroom and you're not on break, you're going to get a low score. If you show empathy and motivation on every single call, you get a low score. Being a counselor means you not only have to do all of this, but we also do customer service and sales... and we don't get paid for it! Work harder and do more, but there's nothing to show for it. This place wants you to either brown nose everyone to get a promotion or shut up and deal with it, to stay where you are at. The list goes on and on, but this place really has almost every employee at their wits end. On top of all that, you have to work weekends, so it really takes a toll on your personal life.

Advice to Management

Please show some empathy, support and motivation to your employees if you expect them to do the same. It all starts from the top! And also advocate for us. We do everything from sales to customer service in counseling, yet we get no recognition. It's unfair.

Feb 13, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. It’s great you have been able to interact with our clients- I hope it has been very satisfying for you! It is true that our Counseling team takes a variety of calls ... More

8. "Excellent Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Pros

Nutrisystem is a fun and positive working environment. Everyone is friendly and I like the way the company follows a team-like approach. I particularly think the HR department is diligent and competent. They are always readily available to help address any of my questions or concerns. They are much more efficient than companies I have previously worked for. Pay is also competitive and there are many good benefits that come along with the job.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Jan 17, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for the excellent review and I wish you continued success!

9. "Money!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very fair compensation. Yes you must hit metrics but most are reasonable. Good product that works.

Cons

Customer service calls on the sales line impacts conversion and makes that monthly goal unreasonable.
    It also causes our moral to drop. Sales people feel very under appreciated.

Advice to Management

Only one supervisor on the floor seems to truly care and spend time with her team. Hire more managers and supervisors who don't just go through motions. Listen to our voices. We are Nutrisystem's voice to your customers. Please respect us!

Feb 7, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your honest feedback. I'm happy to hear our compensation plan is enticing! We do agree on the importance of the Call Center team, as you are the first line of communication to the ... More

10. "Great Company, Great Culture"

I worked at Nutrisystem full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was a part of the leadership team and worked for NS for a little over a year. I did not have any intention of leaving, but a dream job came my way and I had to take it. NS is the only job I’ve ever had that I had reservations about leaving. The company is great and the culture is great. As what I would consider “lower tier” member of the leadership team my opinions and ideas were encouraged and taken seriously as if I was a high executive. The senior management at NS is really incredible in how they interact with the staff, the VP is approachable with an open door and the CEO takes time to do things like send you an email when a customer mentions you in social media. It still blows my mind that the CEO emailed me at 9:30PM on a Friday night to thank me for turning a bad customer experience into a good one. I’m a great person and all, but if I was a CEO on magazine covers and in television ads, I’m not sending emails to my night crew on a Friday night. In retrospect, that may explain why I am not a CEO. Jokes aside, I think that really is the perfect illustration of why NS is different, great place to work. When the CEO is that involved, it becomes ingrained in the culture. I’ve worked for much smaller companies where the CEO and Vice President wouldn’t be able to pick me out of a lineup and I supervised $10m+ projects for them.
    As a member of the night team, it was surprising and refreshing that if a serious issue came up at 11:30 at night, the VP would respond and whenever possible fix the issue, immediately, not “In the morning.” Working other jobs where I was on the night team, this kind of reaction was unheard of. From my first conversation with Jenna, I kept waiting for “The other shoe to drop” because there was no way the entire company was that energetic and friendly… turns out they were. I was empowered, and I was able to empower my direct reports. It’s a fantastic feeling.
     I already have recommended Nutrisystem to friends, it is an incredible place to work. I worked on the call floor and it was different than any other call center I have worked or consulted for. Compensation is very fair, and hard work and good ideas are recognized.

Cons

As far as cons go, I would say if your idea is to not work and try to schmooze your way up the ladder, Nutrisystem is not the place for you. They recognize hard work, effort ideas and responsibility. I wish the event system was different, but I think it is a necessary evil. Honestly, the event system was never an issue for me and would not be for any reasonable responsible person barring some extreme situation. I just wished it was different, it doesn’t seem to fit the company personality.
    Also, they waited until I left before bringing in Dan Marino, and nobody even got me an autograph. Very salty.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. And when Dan Marino visits consider grabbing an autograph for a great former employee who drove to Ohio to see "Dan the Man" enshrined in the Hall of Fame. Just saying.

Dec 5, 2016 – HR Director

Thanks for the awesome review!

11. "This company is really SUCK"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time

Pros

There is nothing good about this company. it is position environment.

Cons

The Fort Washington, PA office is really not a place to work for.

Dec 29, 2016 – HR Director

While I appreciate the feedback, this review offers no factual information to substantiate its claims. If this person is a current employee, I would encourage them to speak to their manager or a ... More