Nutrisystem Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Dawn M. Zier

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits, including product discounts (in 8 reviews)

• I have met some really great people during my (almost) 3 years here (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • This is a good company if your not in the call center (in 11 reviews)

• Customer service calls on the sales line impacts conversion and makes that monthly goal unreasonable (in 11 reviews)

1. "An Amazing Company with Awesome People"

Current Employee - Associate ECommerce Manager in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Associate ECommerce Manager in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture at Nutrisystem is the best I've ever experienced. Some employees have been here for 30 years - that speaks wonders in itself! The company is great and all of the employees are awesome. Everyone loves to laugh and have fun. Even the C-levels are so down to earth and great to work with. Last but not least, I feel like we are really doing meaningful work and bettering peoples lives. It's a pleasure coming to work here everyday.

Cons

I can't think of any

Advice to Management

N/A

Jul 5, 2017 – HR Director

Great review and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback!

2. "Marketing/ecomm team perspective"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Excellent opportunity for upward mobility (culture of 'hire from within' whenever possible)
    2. Heavy focus on testing and using data to make informed v. emotional decisions (FACTS based culture)
    3. Strong leadership team that has helped transform the business over the last few years
    4. Employees are valued & recognized
    5. Strong business performance/outlook

Cons

I don't really have any complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Jul 5, 2017 – HR Director

Great feedback, thank you so much!

"Believe to Achieve!"

Current Employee - Sales Supervisor in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working hard, having empathy and being creative are welcomed

Cons

I don't have any...I appreciate my opportunity

Advice to Management

10+yrs employed at Nutrisystem in the Contact Center. Started my career as a sales rep and was able to grow into Leadership role.
    The daily thrill of helping one begin their weight loss journey, along with being able to earn a competitive living, continously helps me bring a positive energy level. Furthermore, being able to help cultivate one's sales ability to adapt to a unique and fulfilling industry keeps me motivated every day.
    Constant feedback and creativity are welcomed and appreciated, which can be injected into the evolution of Team and Dept.

Jun 26, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Your story is an inspiration, thanks for sharing! We are grateful to have excellent Leaders, like yourself. Best wishes in Diet Season!

4. "Great place"

Current Employee - Counselor in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Counselor in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like helping customers and seeing them succeed. My supervisor is very helpful cares about my performance. I am always aware of my performance and understand how to improve. This job is not for everyone, you need to be able to be professional and be able to multi-task.

Cons

Some customers can be difficult to deal with but that is with any job where you help the public.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! The perfect attendance incentive is great!

Jun 26, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the great feedback. Keep communication going with your Supervisor to talk about your next career move. We will keep offering incentives rewarding great behavior! Best wishes in your... More

5. "Inside Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Norristown, PA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Norristown, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem (More than a year)

Pros

I love my job! This employer always try to keep us active and all my coworkers are chill and we get to where jeans at work 😊
    Earn 14 days accrued PTO at the end of each month.
    No micromanaging unless you need additional training.
    Paid commission every 2 weeks, extra bonus at the end of the month if you meet metrics.
    Free food lol on certain occasions.
    Free health fairs for employees.
    Scholarships available for school.
    LGBT Friendly.
    Great benefits overall.

Cons

One week day off and one weekend off.
    Conversion rate which is based off of customers that call in and the customers that don't buy kill your metrics.
    Sale reps have to handle sales and retention calls when they have a retention department 🤔.
    Aux time where the system calculates the time you left your desk and back. Sucks if you ate kale for the day 💩.
    You have to met metrics or you lose your job.

Advice to Management

I have seen a lot of favoritism amongst supervisors and coworkers . I feel like everyone should be treated equally. Need more jobs opportunities for internal staff. The retention rate is terrible, every month there's new employees.

Jun 8, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the feedback! We're so happy that you are aware of the Career Development & Education discounts- we encourage you to use them! Please continue checking our Internal Careers page or speak... More

6. "Supervisor"

Current Employee - Sales Supervisor in Fort Washington, PA

Pros

Has been the best decision in my career to join the Nutrisystem Team. The Contact Center is well run, organized and filled with positive energy. Lots of activities for the reps throughout the year. Contests, incentives, bonuses. Very happy to be a part of the NS family!

Cons

Have not had any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

May 25, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the insight on Nutrisystem! We appreciate your hard work & dedication.

7. "Sales Supervisor"

Current Employee - Sales Supervisor in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong, experienced management team available to mentor at every level of the Contact Center. Tremendous inside sales opportunity for motivated professionals. Company continues to GROW!

Cons

Hours can be long (but are rewarding!)

Jun 8, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate your commitment to your team and your department.

8. "CSR nightmare"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Nutrisystem full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is nice, and bonus can be alluring. Always an opportunity for overtime. Some really cool people.

Cons

Management has no idea of daily events or trends, no management support, they force you to lie to the customer but refuses to take the ball when customer requests them. The rules seems to be a general rule of thumb, nothing actually enforced. Their judgment for how you handle a call can vary depending on who listened to the call... And if you're among the liked. You are judged on your sales but you're the one cleaning up messes of the other departments not the sales department.

Advice to Management

Listen to your reps more, take more responsibility as supervisors, have one dedicated team for review calls for quality assurance not the incompetent managers that avoid ALL work.

Jul 5, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. I would just like to clarify a few things. Regarding the quality assurance process, our Supervisors review and score 2 calls per month per agent with the average of the... More

9. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nutrisystem is a friendly, welcoming, challenging (in a good way!) place to work. It is always busy, and you are learning new things every single day. There is virtually no micromanagement, and you have the freedom to try new things. The culture is also very encouraging. Top management is always seeking out ways to improve the company, and make/keep its employees happy. This is a great place for people who really want to be challenged, work hard, and develop their skills. Benefits and pay are also very competitive.

Cons

Cross-departmental communication could be better, but that is with any professional environment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

May 24, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the feedback. We encourage you to keep providing feedback to our Leadership team,so we can continuously improve. Best wishes in your current role!

10. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Non-Contact Center in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Non-Contact Center in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nutrisystem is a great place to work. The company values their employees and have great perk for them. If you have an issue that can't be resolved within your department, the HR team is great at facilitating resolution to employee concerns.

Everyone is willing to help you be successful in your job.

Cons

Can't think of anything negative.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

May 23, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the great feedback! Looking forward to celebrating all of our employees at our Summer Party!