Nutrisystem Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Dawn M. Zier

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I had the pleasure of working on the sales team to help drive revenue within the call center for over two years (in 8 reviews)

• Great benefits, including product discounts (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • This is one understaffed call center for the entire country and there is very little cooperation across departments (in 11 reviews)

• Customer service calls on the sales line impacts conversion and makes that monthly goal unreasonable (in 11 reviews)

1. "Great Work Atmosphere"

Former Employee - Content Strategist in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Content Strategist in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Nutrisystem full-time

Pros

- Motivated team
    - High employee moral
    - Exceptional management
    - Room for advancement
    - Great culture
    - Great people

Cons

None. Great place to work. Definitely a company you want to work for if you are dedicated, hard working and are ready to work in a team environment.

"Love my Supervisor!"

Current Employee - Customer Service
    Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love working with my supervisor. She's been so helpful and supportive of her team.

Cons

Not all the Sups are as good as her.

Sep 28, 2017 – HR Director

We appreciate the great review and feedback!

"Inside Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Nutrisystem full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Have the opportunity to speak with many customers and help with there weight issue and health.
    Very Good 2 week training program at their corporate office,thorough.
    Well Known company, name recognition, makes easier to establish rapport with customers and make a sale

Cons

Very rigid break schedule, 10 minute morning, 10 minute afternoon, 30 lunch

Customer service can override your sale and reduce or take your sale without notice, resulting in potential commission loss for no fault of your own.

Majority of incoming calls were to save or stop customers from cancelling their order or plans. Very little opportunity for new sales associates to earn projected commissions based on this set up. Veteran Sales Associates are given more sales calls and thus hard to compete.

Advice to Management

The dialer should be a better mixture of potential new sales vs Saves or cancellations for new sales associates, need to learn and grow.
    Customer service should not be able to take sales, offer discounts and free items that sales are not allowed too. Makes for unfair playing field, seems like a lack of integrity going on between departments. Not a level playing field.

Oct 9, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to complete feedback on your experience. While you are entitled to sharing your insights, I do want to take a moment to respectfully set the record straight as quite a... More

"Excellent Work Place Environment and Culture"

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time

Pros

Small company with big achievements helping to change lives.

Cons

Working for a public company has different requirements than working for a private one.

Sep 15, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for the positive review!

5. "Weight loss Counselor"

Former Employee - Weight Loss Counselor in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Counselor in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Nutrisystem full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall it wasn't a bad job if you could handle stupid people on the phone honestly. I know that sounds harsh but the individuals calling in usually didn't want to read the material and are usually doing the program completely wrong. Usually an older generation of people using it. You deal with all of sales mistakes. There is good stability but it's hard to grow with the company unless you want to stay in a call center environment. They have a lot of good perks and benefits and some people actually care about you but some management doesn't treat employees fairly. Diet season is hell. From Jan to April there's a lot of calls holding and people are usually mad once they get on the phone for waiting too long. They have bonuses at the end of the year and you get a raise once a year but it's usually not good. Pay is good for a call center but not for a real job. If you can get on the third floor and out of the call center it's ur best bet. Nutrisystem is a great company but it overworks the call center employees esp during diet season. They offer overtime but it's hard to even get eight hours in when it's so hectic. If you got your degree try to find something in your field and save your time. Some company's ask why I even worked there since it has nothing to do with my degree. If you need money and are passionate about your weight loss it's easy to help others but there is def a shelf life. When I stopped working there upper management walked right past me without saying good luck or anything but that's not a big deal, there is a high turnover anyways. They have good food sometimes but if you don't contribute you can't have any which isn't really friendly. One girl supposively quit since she got yelled at for taking food without bringing in anything. Most of the workers are negative and it's hard to keep a positive attitude. Would be a lot better if they brought back some centers for us to work at instead of strapped in a seat. Metrics are hard to stick to, there is always one or two metrics everyone struggles with. They only grade one call a week and it affects your status if they pull a bad call. If your not doing well they actually care to try to have you do better and it's usually a coaching instead of being yelled at. But again overall I would work here if I wanted to make a career from health and nutrition but if you went to college for something else try not to work here since it will only make it harder to get to your career goals with the gap in work experience. When I went on interviews in my field no one asks about nutrisystem. Rant over.

Cons

Your performance is based off metrics. The certian metrics you have to do well in is: quality, average handle time, compliance, survey percentage and score, and pretty much revenue. Quality gets scored 1-5 and usually no one gets 5s consistently since it's a random call picked. AHT needs to be between 6-8 minutes. Survey score needs to be higher than 4.85 and more than 20% of people need to do it. You can't leave ur desk for more than 5 minutes a shift and need to take breaks on time for compliance (but no one ever does). Hard to work and get all these while having a legit conversation with clients. Try to make them flow more so people arnt thinking of them while on the calls.

Advice to Management

Exit interview was a joke needs to get it fixed. But training management in counseling needs a better promotion. He is legit.

Oct 3, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. The purpose of our Weight Loss Counseling team is to assist our customers with their weight loss journey. Since weight loss is difficult for many... More

"Incredible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Pros

I had the pleasure of working on the sales team to help drive revenue within the call center for over two years. The leaders in place here are amazing people, from top to bottom. This is a data driven environment, but each manager and even the C level executives make you feel appreciated and go out of their way to show you. I had an opportunity to partner in a business and that led to me leaving Nutrisystem in 2017, but it was an incredible experience for me both professionally and personally. The relationships I built with fellow Nutrisystem employees, in all departments, are the kind of relationships I will remember forever. If you are a competitive, professional, and hungry sales person, who wants to be backed by one of the most well known brands in all of the United States, go sell a million dollars a year for the company, it is very within reach for any representative with a good attitude and good sales skills. Thanks to all of the Nutrisystem team for providing a great environment to thrive and make money, be healthier, and to build business acumen. Although I am no longer there, It is my sincere hope, that some of the little things I did in the yesterdays, will help pave the path of success for all your tomorrows.

Cons

Any sales job or call center job is going to have challenging times and things that you do that do not always lead to money, but that is the nature of the business. Nutrisystem provides all the leads, no cold calling. Strong marketing.

Advice to Management

Best of luck in the 2018 diet season!! :)

Aug 22, 2017 – HR Director

Truly great to hear, thank you so much for your feedback!

"My best decision"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Horsham, PA

I worked at Nutrisystem full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The harder you work, the more you will make. Clear expectations. Working for nutrisystem was one of the best things I ever did for my career.

Cons

nothing bad to say about this job

Aug 18, 2017 – HR Director

Thanks for the great feedback and good luck to you in the future!

"I'm happy I joined."

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time

Pros

My impression is that the CEO & Senior Leadership take continuous improvement seriously. That is really important to me, as I'm always looking for ways to get better.

They are in it to win it & if you like working towards tangible results, then this may be the place for you. It's small enough that you can have a say in how things are done. They are open to suggestions & creative thinking.

It's fast paced - where direction can change depending on the market, so you'll love it if you're a flexible person who thrives in dynamic vs static environments.

They make an effort to make their employees feel valued & engaged in many ways. Contests, free lunches, ice cream trucks & parties.

From what I've seen, this company is poised for the best years yet.

Cons

If career advancement is important to you, make sure to ask about what's realistic for your department. It's a small company without a lot of layers, so you may not be able to get a promotion as quickly or as often as you like. But, positions can be carved out depending on the need.

I can only speak from my experience here. I'd say there is a strong culture here & if it doesn't fit your personality, then you won't be happy. So, ask questions to get a feel for whether it's a good fit.

From what I've seen - poor performers aren't tolerated. If you don't want expectations put on you, save yourself the headache & don't apply.

Advice to Management

Continue to engage & reward good employees.

Aug 3, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your clear and dynamic feedback!

9. "An Amazing Company with Awesome People"

Current Employee - Associate ECommerce Manager in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Associate ECommerce Manager in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture at Nutrisystem is the best I've ever experienced. Some employees have been here for 30 years - that speaks wonders in itself! The company is great and all of the employees are awesome. Everyone loves to laugh and have fun. Even the C-levels are so down to earth and great to work with. Last but not least, I feel like we are really doing meaningful work and bettering peoples lives. It's a pleasure coming to work here everyday.

Cons

I can't think of any

Advice to Management

N/A

Jul 5, 2017 – HR Director

Great review and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback!

10. "Marketing/ecomm team perspective"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Excellent opportunity for upward mobility (culture of 'hire from within' whenever possible)
    2. Heavy focus on testing and using data to make informed v. emotional decisions (FACTS based culture)
    3. Strong leadership team that has helped transform the business over the last few years
    4. Employees are valued & recognized
    5. Strong business performance/outlook

Cons

I don't really have any complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Jul 5, 2017 – HR Director

Great feedback, thank you so much!