Nutrisystem Reviews | Glassdoor

Nutrisystem Reviews

Updated July 18, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits, including product discounts (in 8 reviews)

• I have met some really great people during my (almost) 3 years here (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • This is a good company if your not in the call center (in 11 reviews)

• Customer service calls on the sales line impacts conversion and makes that monthly goal unreasonable (in 11 reviews)

"Program consultant"

Current Employee - Program Consultant in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Program Consultant in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

NS is a good company to work for as long as you follow the rules and can deal with the calls day after day. Good benefits. Large turnover

Cons

Sometimes impersonal. Repetitive. Different rules for different people. Supervisors not always helping you to succeed

Advice to Management

There's a need to improve overall morale on the floor. Little or no incentives. Supervisors need to interact more with reps to help them do a better job

Oct 28, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. Certainly, we continually look to enhance our incentives. Depending on department performance, emphasis may be placed on a specific metric each month with contests... More

"Sr. Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Pros

Marketing teams are collaborative and friendly. Working together on new efforts and improving on existing processes are key and these teams know how to do it! The ability to identify pain points for employees and customers alike is something we work hard to ameliorate while our efficiencies and testing efforts are optimal.

Cons

There is always room for improvement—I think it is important to keep seeking new approaches to weight loss and how to serve an ever growing pool of potential customers.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, keep the employees informed and keep iterating and building on the successes we have experienced in the past 3 years!

Oct 4, 2016 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback. I'm pleased to hear about your strong relationships with your team members. We are looking forward to a great 2017 Diet Season!

3. "Don't Get Sick"

I worked at Nutrisystem full-time

Pros

The pay was competitive and the management was so disjointed, you could do pretty much anything you wanted.

Cons

I got very sick and needed to have my schedule altered at the request of my doctor due to my disability. They told me they could not accommodate the switch even though there was a shift switch available. They then tried to fire me because of my disability.

Advice to Management

Take better care of the call center folk. They're the ones who fund your fat paychecks. Try living a day in their shoes.

Oct 31, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear of your circumstances. I am not aware of your particular situation; however, I can assure you that we make every effort to accommodate schedule... More

"Intern Review"

Current Employee - Intern in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Intern in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time

Pros

The working environment and department I worked in was especially welcoming. I love working with teamwork oriented people so personally, this was a great community for me to work in. As an intern, I was given the opportunity to do some hands-on work within my department, which I am very grateful for! It was a great experience!

Cons

It was a bit of a commute for me and I think I might have preferred working in main city. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Aug 10, 2016 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback! We hope your internship was educational and fun for you. Thanks for all your hard work. Good luck back at school!

5. "I don't know where all these good reviews are coming from"

Former Employee - Weight Loss Counselor in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Counselor in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Nutrisystem full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good base pay
    Good facilities
    Good co workers

Cons

Terrible sick day policy (there is none, you miss work a couple days in a year without a doctors note and your fired)
    Terrible compensation, in my time at the company I saw sales incentives in my department drop while responsibilities increased.
    This is one understaffed call center for the entire country and there is very little cooperation across departments. One department is expected to take overflow reponsabilitiess for all others without equal compensation.
    Idendity issues. This company tries to present itself to its employees as one of those new age, fun and hip places to work but at the end of the day, it's your same old corporation. When I was there, we weren't allowed to celebrate birthdays anymore because one employee was upset that everybody forgot theirs. There's a large catered Christmas party every year that only about half the employees can go to because the company doesn't want to hurt its bottom line for that one day so they have it outsode the office and only those who have off that day can attend. These seem like a minor issue but it represents a greater mismanagement of priorities.

Advice to Management

Figure out your priorities. If you want to be know of as a fun company to work for, then Invest in your employee, make them excited to meet your rediculous expectation with better incentives and percs. If you want to just make as much money as possible off of peoples' weight issues, then stop trying to pretending to care about your employees so much and invest in expanding your employee base so that even if they're not happy, there's at least enough of them to handle the amount of business you want to do.

Sep 1, 2016 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

It’s great to hear you positive feedback on Nutrisystem’ s pay, facilities, & employees. Those are very important components that create an opportunity for a successful work place. I did want to... More

6. "Retention"

Former Employee - Retention Representative in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Retention Representative in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Nutrisystem full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent Pay....And a Convenient location

Cons

No Flexibility at all on the 2nd floor

Advice to Management

Treat the 2nd floor like people, not animals.

Aug 10, 2016 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your response. We appreciate your feedback on the compensation structure. I’m sorry you felt our environment was inflexible. Due to the nature of the call center, we do need to... More

7. "Sales, Program Consultant, Retention"

Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Nutrisystem full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

During my first 5 years as a Sales Rep, I had the opportunity to work with some of the most talented and appreciative co-workers and managers in the business. I was one of the many reps whose compensation and bonuses grew as the company grew by leaps and bounds, enjoying flexible scheduling, great team leadership, awesome bonuses and perks (including being wined and dined at some of Center City's finest restaurants). The key was keeping your sales or conversion numbers high as well as hitting all of your marks for inbound/outbound calls, conversion percentage and productivity. Many of us enjoyed our best years from 2005 to 2009

Cons

All of this ended abruptly with a change of management (or I should say "mismanagement") and corporate greed, to the point where many talented individuals were terminated by way of micro-management and the need to find reps who were willing to work for far less compensation than those whose jobs they were replacing. As sales numbers dropped, the company stock dropped accordingly, so desperate measures were needed to try to right the ship. I was part of the initial team of Retention Specialists; 15 Weight Loss Counselors and 15 Sales Reps, the "cream of the crop" as we were anointed - a group who were so good in our specific areas who were to work together to attempt to reacquire the droves of customers who were dropping out of the program for one reason or another. Our job was to learn from one another and develop a mix of skills in order to get program participants back into the program to refocus on their weight loss goals. We were promised the highest compensation for this and for the first 4-6 months were paid very well, but corporate greed stepped in and decided that many reps were being paid too much, so a restructuring of the commissions and incentives were made to the point where within a year, I was making closer to $12 an hour for a job I was initially promised a minimum of 65K per year, working harder, with more scrutiny than ever before. My position was terminated after 7 years with this company because I was unable to return to work on a specific date, between two surgeries that management knew were pertinent to being able to perform my job. At the time of my dismissal, less than 2 years from the start of the Retention Program, there were only 2 Reps remaining of the 30 who were initially hired -- the rest were either fired, quit or replaced by others management felt were more fit to mold into robots, to do the job the way they saw fit and for far less compensation.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect and the way you would like to be treated by others; Stop micro-managing and allow your employees to feel good about themselves, reward them for doing a job well-done, instead of the intense scrutiny that is imposed on them on an ongoing basis.

Sep 16, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for your note. It is never easy to hear an employee who is upset. It sounds like you were last with us over 5 years ago and want to share the facts as it relates to how we treat our staff... More

8. "Amazing Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Web Analyst in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Web Analyst in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work Environment
    Company Culture - motivated, friendly, hard working set of people
    Coworkers - friendly and helpful across all departments
    Company Events - picnics and training events
    Work Schedule - flexible work schedule
    Benefits and Perks - company gym and cafeteria, garage parking, sick days etc.

Cons

None

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Jul 14, 2016 – HR Director

Thanks for the awesome review!

9. "The Cult"

Current Employee - Sales in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Sales in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time

Pros

The potential to make good money

Cons

You must drink the kool-aid in order to make that money. I've never worked at a place before that was so micromanaged. You have to account for every single minute you're not at your desk. This company is not good for true professionals. True professionals are adults and adults don't like to feel like they're being babysat or monitored every second of the day. There are some really nice coworkers here but I feel I don't even get to know them because talking is not allowed. This place is truly for those who don't know any different. The turnover is extremely high. That should've been a huge red flag for me from the beginning. I'm actively seeking another job.

Advice to Management

Just go away!!!!

Aug 10, 2016 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your candid review. It is great that you see a high earning potential in your role. It is extremely important to us that high performance is reflected in our compensation. One of the... More

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time

Pros

The company keeps your phone ringing which is always giving you opportunities to make money if you can sell. If you are a positive person and can handle retention calls as well as up selling, the money is good. The environment is stress free, the employees are very friendly and team oriented, and the benefits and even a gym on site make it a solid place to make a good living. The job rewards you if you are honest, positive minded, and have strong sales skills.

Cons

I do not have my own office with couches, flat screens, or even a personal assistant who brings me coffee and lunch everyday. Other then that there is no reason really to complain. We all would probably retire if we didn't need money, but as for somewhere to make solid money, this place is as good as any.

Advice to Management

I do not give advice to management unless I am in a position that is equal to or greater than the management position that needs my advice.

Jun 6, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you so much for the entertaining review! It sounds like you are having a great experience. I hope you'll share your experience with others and refer them to us. Thanks again!