NxStage "full time" Reviews | Glassdoor

NxStage Employee Reviews about "full time"

Updated Jul 18, 2017

3.4
NxStage CEO Jeff Burbank
Jeff Burbank
Pros
Cons
  • "I was hired as a full time employee with the assumption that my experience, engineering skills, passion, career goals, and independence would be valued(in 3 reviews)

• "(in 2 reviews)

Reviews about "full time"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Administrative Assistant"

Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Lawrence, MA

I have been working at NxStage for less than a year

Pros

Excellent Company - Great Environment - Excellent Employees

Cons

Only hired as contract employee would like to be full time permanent.

NxStage2017-07-18

"Disappointed with a disorganized culture of micromanagers."

I have been working at NxStage full-time

Pros

Great competitive pay that is significantly higher than other companies in the area. Employees are able to work from home and have flexible hours. It's nice to be able to take care of life and not feel pressured. Good discounts on nearby lunch places in the office complex.

Cons

Management is very disorganized and does not communicate plans effectively. The engineering team is run by micromanagers who paralyze project progress because they have to decide on every detail. Managers often make decisions on the side and don't inform the responsible individuals for days or weeks. The individual responsible for the work is often working under different assumptions and is then criticized... publicly for not knowing the new plan that changed behind their back. New ideas, efficiency improvements, and outside experience are ignored. Employees are often chastised for "out of the box" thinking. Management usually steals these ideas as their own without giving credit. Minimal vacation time was offered. NxStage offered two weeks less than my previous employer and I had to negotiate hard to gain another week. I was hired as a full time employee with the assumption that my experience, engineering skills, passion, career goals, and independence would be valued. Instead, I feel like a temporary contractor who is overqualified for my role, supposed to follow orders, and only speak when spoken to.

Advice to Management

Senior management should be more visible and personally check in on their employees and managers. Surveys are a great tool to get feedback, but nothing compares to first-hand observation and personal conversations. Please empower your employees to speak up, provide ideas, share their experience, be creative, and make decisions. Understand that individuals may do things differently than you and if given guidance... can often deliver better products more efficiently. You hired talented people to lead, design, and make decisions. Let them do their jobs! Make your employees feel valued, actively work to help them learn new skills, achieve career goals, and present them with challenging tasks. Please don't hire experienced product development leaders and then give them junior level work. Also don't make promises during interviews and reviews about career growth and leadership opportunities if you don't intend to support those goals. I regret taking this job.

NxStage2017-07-13
  3. "A wonderful place to work, with a potential of growing fast in near future"

Quality Engineer I

I have been working at NxStage

Pros

Excellent environment. People from different origins. Continous growth of the company All the employees get a chance to work independently for the progress of the company.

Cons

There are no downside of working at NXstage Medical. It gave me an opportunity as an intern to learn some of the concepts and help them. And now I am a full-time employee of Nxstage Medical. I did not find any downside working here.

NxStage2012-05-16